25 replies to this topic

#1 Jett

Jett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

Anybody here that likes Muse? They're my favourite band ever, absolutely brilliant! They're really great lads as well, care about their fans and the Muse fandom is a pretty amazing one too!

They look like proper nerds, but they're great people. If you don't know much about them, you can read more about them here.
Twitter: @muse

Posted Image

I'm going to do a quick introduction of the boys.

(From left to right,)

Chris Wolstenholme (bass): He's a 31 year-old bassist, one of the best in the world. Highly respected and praised, but a very humble and quiet person. Grew up in Rotherham, moved to the small town of Teignmouth when he was about 11 and lived there until April this year when he moved to Dublin. Joined Muse when he was a teen and is a big football fan. He has a Twitter account: @CTWolstenholme He's been with his wife Kelly since he was a teen, they married in 2003 after having three kids. Right now, they are expecting their fifth baby that's due in November. (His other four kids are Alfie-11, Ava-Jo-9, Frankie-7 and Ernie-2.) He has his kids' names as well as his wife's tattooed. He is a recovering alcoholic, and hasn't been drinking since last summer.

Dominic Howard (drums): He's 32 and has been in Muse since he was a teen. He was born in Stockport, moved to Teignmouth in his early teens and now lives in the south of France, but he's planning to move to L.A. for a while. In 2004, after Muse's spectacular performance at Glastonbury, his father died. That was a tough time for him, but he got back on the road after a week or so.

Matthew Bellamy (guitar, piano and vocals): He's 32, and is a very praised musician. He has an amazing voice, ranging from tenor to falsetto. Talks very quickly and is very much interested in conspiracy theories. His father was in a band too, The Tornados. He says he doesn't have a home now, he's been staying in hotels since he split up with his Italian fiancee, with whom he had been for eight years. He's now dating Kate Hudson. In his younger years, he used to steal cars and lived with a drug dealer above a sex shop. That experience had taught him not to use drugs, and he never had, apart from mushrooms.

Songs I recommend to a newbie are:
From the first album Showbiz (1999): Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Sunburn.
Origin of Symmetry (2001): New Born, Plug In Baby, Microcuts, Citizen Erased.
Absolution (2003): Sing for Absolution, Fury, Time is Ronning Out, Hysteria, Blackout.
Black Holes and Revelations (2006): Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique (it's not on the album), Supermassive Black Hole, Assassin, Starlight
The Resistance (2009): Uprising, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis Symphony Part 1, 2 and 3, Undisclosed Desires.

#2 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

Gawhh love them and all theirs songs. I'm so glad they exist haha

Didn't used to listen to them until after i listened to 'Time is running out'. Loved them ever since.

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#3 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

these guys are pretty awesome.

I have every album and i am always listening to their songs whenever i can. Their songs are always so powerful and i tend to do my uni work when listening to them.

Posted Image

#4 Jett

Jett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

these guys are pretty awesome.

I have every album and i am always listening to their songs whenever i can. Their songs are always so powerful and i tend to do my uni work when listening to them.

I love how their music is something you don't play as background music, it's very expressive and sounds huge even though only three guys play it.

#5 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

^yeah i couldnt agree anymore, they are so powerful and its just extradonary at how awesome they are at writing music for all ages. young people and older people like it too. My parents adore them and i love them so.

Posted Image

#6 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

muse i love them!

i belong to u i my current fave.

I will possess your heart.

#7 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

I love Muse, one of my favourite current bands.

They offer something a bit different, for me along with Sigur Ros and Radiohead, their music is something that you can really listen to and become immersed into.

#8 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

Love them! They are so different, great stuff. :D
Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#9 ohbehave

ohbehave

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

They're AMAZING. Been a fan for yeeears. They're one of a kind <3

#10 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

MUSE. we need to post here more. theyre fabulous, listening to resistance right now. they are awesome on full volume!!

#11 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

They're tied with Porcupine Tree as my favorite "current" band.

Saw them live last year, and they blew me away. Also have all their albums and DVDs, and made a DVD compiling all their music videos. :)

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#12 Mouse Rat

Mouse Rat

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

HUGE Muse fan!! They are one of the few who can pull out mixing different music genres! I saw them live a while back and the live show is really to die for!! Highly recommend to go see 'em if you have the chance :)

Posted Image Posted Image

#13 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

I'd hate to toot the prog rock horn, but they "are" classified as a prog rock band. Even the band has admitted it themselves, they write progressive rock.

I'd put them in the same category as Tool and The Mars Volta, for writing intelligent epics that blur different genres. Oh, and Animal Collective as well.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#14 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

HUGE Muse fan!! They are one of the few who can pull out mixing different music genres! I saw them live a while back and the live show is really to die for!! Highly recommend to go see 'em if you have the chance :)

ooo I'm jealous. I would love to see them live. They aren't coming to Germany though :(

#15 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Sunny England

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I like them, but not because I'm clever or better then people who don
t, I just do. My boyfriend describes as tardis rock. I'm going to see them at leeds fest

Posted Image

#16 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

I think I'll always like Radiohead better, but Muse is good.

#17 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Muse were amazing!!!!! I don't really know what else to say, they were on Friday night and I LOVED IT!!!! anyway I just got back to I'm off in the bath now as I smell

Posted Image

#18 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

I just started getting into muse. None of my friends can believe it because they are so different then any of the other music I listen too. But, they are really really good!!! I don't love them yet, but it's coming lol.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#19 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Muse were amazing!!!!! I don't really know what else to say, they were on Friday night and I LOVED IT!!!! anyway I just got back to I'm off in the bath now as I smell

Leeds Fest? I was there too! Just got back last night, what an incredible weekend. The Muse set was just unreal, I want to go back! Who else did you see?

#20 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Leeds Fest? I was there too! Just got back last night, what an incredible weekend. The Muse set was just unreal, I want to go back! Who else did you see?

Yeah, I got back last night, I left when it was clear the strokes weren't going to sing disco 2000 or common people before running off stage shouting ''stuff you pulp'' I would have liked to have stayed for pulp but we wanted to avoid the rush and get home and have baths ect.
I saw the view, enter shikari, muse, the architects, the blackout, new found glory, some of bring me the horizon, the deftones, warpaint, panic! at the disco, the pigeon detectives, seasick steve, two door cinema club, madness and the strokes. We saw Tim Minchin, Russel Kane and a few others in the alternative stage. You?

Where were you camped?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users