The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Muse

Anybody here that likes Muse? They're my favourite band ever, absolutely brilliant! They're really great lads as well, care about their fans and the Muse fandom is a pretty amazing one too!

They look like proper nerds, but they're great people. If you don't know much about them, you can read more about them here.

Twitter: @muse

I'm going to do a quick introduction of the boys.

(From left to right,)

Chris Wolstenholme (bass): He's a 31 year-old bassist, one of the best in the world. Highly respected and praised, but a very humble and quiet person. Grew up in Rotherham, moved to the small town of Teignmouth when he was about 11 and lived there until April this year when he moved to Dublin. Joined Muse when he was a teen and is a big football fan. He has a Twitter account: @CTWolstenholme He's been with his wife Kelly since he was a teen, they married in 2003 after having three kids. Right now, they are expecting their fifth baby that's due in November. (His other four kids are Alfie-11, Ava-Jo-9, Frankie-7 and Ernie-2.) He has his kids' names as well as his wife's tattooed. He is a recovering alcoholic, and hasn't been drinking since last summer.

Dominic Howard (drums): He's 32 and has been in Muse since he was a teen. He was born in Stockport, moved to Teignmouth in his early teens and now lives in the south of France, but he's planning to move to L.A. for a while. In 2004, after Muse's spectacular performance at Glastonbury, his father died. That was a tough time for him, but he got back on the road after a week or so.

Matthew Bellamy (guitar, piano and vocals): He's 32, and is a very praised musician. He has an amazing voice, ranging from tenor to falsetto. Talks very quickly and is very much interested in conspiracy theories. His father was in a band too, The Tornados. He says he doesn't have a home now, he's been staying in hotels since he split up with his Italian fiancee, with whom he had been for eight years. He's now dating Kate Hudson. In his younger years, he used to steal cars and lived with a drug dealer above a sex shop. That experience had taught him not to use drugs, and he never had, apart from mushrooms.

Songs I recommend to a newbie are:

From the first album Showbiz (1999): Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Sunburn.

Origin of Symmetry (2001): New Born, Plug In Baby, Microcuts, Citizen Erased.

Absolution (2003): Sing for Absolution, Fury, Time is Ronning Out, Hysteria, Blackout.

Black Holes and Revelations (2006): Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique (it's not on the album), Supermassive Black Hole, Assassin, Starlight

The Resistance (2009): Uprising, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis Symphony Part 1, 2 and 3, Undisclosed Desires.

these guys are pretty awesome.

I have every album and i am always listening to their songs whenever i can. Their songs are always so powerful and i tend to do my uni work when listening to them.

these guys are pretty awesome.

I have every album and i am always listening to their songs whenever i can. Their songs are always so powerful and i tend to do my uni work when listening to them.

I love how their music is something you don't play as background music, it's very expressive and sounds huge even though only three guys play it.

^yeah i couldnt agree anymore, they are so powerful and its just extradonary at how awesome they are at writing music for all ages. young people and older people like it too. My parents adore them and i love them so.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Muse, one of my favourite current bands.

They offer something a bit different, for me along with Sigur Ros and Radiohead, their music is something that you can really listen to and become immersed into.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd hate to toot the prog rock horn, but they "are" classified as a prog rock band. Even the band has admitted it themselves, they write progressive rock.

I'd put them in the same category as Tool and The Mars Volta, for writing intelligent epics that blur different genres. Oh, and Animal Collective as well.

HUGE Muse fan!! They are one of the few who can pull out mixing different music genres! I saw them live a while back and the live show is really to die for!! Highly recommend to go see 'em if you have the chance :)

ooo I'm jealous. I would love to see them live. They aren't coming to Germany though :(

• 4 months later...

I just started getting into muse. None of my friends can believe it because they are so different then any of the other music I listen too. But, they are really really good!!! I don't love them yet, but it's coming lol.

Muse were amazing!!!!! I don't really know what else to say, they were on Friday night and I LOVED IT!!!! anyway I just got back to I'm off in the bath now as I smell

Leeds Fest? I was there too! Just got back last night, what an incredible weekend. The Muse set was just unreal, I want to go back! Who else did you see?

Leeds Fest? I was there too! Just got back last night, what an incredible weekend. The Muse set was just unreal, I want to go back! Who else did you see?

Yeah, I got back last night, I left when it was clear the strokes weren't going to sing disco 2000 or common people before running off stage shouting ''stuff you pulp'' I would have liked to have stayed for pulp but we wanted to avoid the rush and get home and have baths ect.

I saw the view, enter shikari, muse, the architects, the blackout, new found glory, some of bring me the horizon, the deftones, warpaint, panic! at the disco, the pigeon detectives, seasick steve, two door cinema club, madness and the strokes. We saw Tim Minchin, Russel Kane and a few others in the alternative stage. You?

Where were you camped?

Yeah, I got back last night, I left when it was clear the strokes weren't going to sing disco 2000 or common people before running off stage shouting ''stuff you pulp'' I would have liked to have stayed for pulp but we wanted to avoid the rush and get home and have baths ect.

I saw the view, enter shikari, muse, the architects, the blackout, new found glory, some of bring me the horizon, the deftones, warpaint, panic! at the disco, the pigeon detectives, seasick steve, two door cinema club, madness and the strokes. We saw Tim Minchin, Russel Kane and a few others in the alternative stage. You?

Where were you camped?

You saw a lot more than me actually, I wasn't even planning on coming this year but my mate rang me on wednesday night saying he'd won 2 tickets in a Jack Daniels competition so I thought I'd have to go! From what I remember I saw Frank Turner, The View, Elbow, Muse, Sub Focus, Nero, Two Door Cinema Club, Madness and Jimmy Eat World. To be honest there wasn't that much I wanted to see this year so I just spent most of my time drinking/at the relentless stage or silent disco. I've been since 2009 but I kind of feel like Leeds fest isn't for me anymore, I'd really like to go to Glastonbury but that's not on until 2013 now, and I also really want to go to Creamfields as I'm more of a dance music kind of guy and there you have to be 18 to get in so there's not gonna be a load of 16 year olds running rampage after 3 tins of fosters.

Muse were absolutely amazing though, probably the best act I've seen out of the past 3 Leeds fests. Also, when Madness came on me and a mate managed to get onto the big screen a few times, he was on my shoulders and I was wearing a fonejacker mask and he had a cape with a bird hat on, it was a ridiculous sight.

And we camped in orange, we always do, it's good as it doesn't get too badly trashed but it is quite a walk to the arena. And it's got that massive hill in it which gets really muddy, and yesterday we thought it would be a good idea to go down it...in a wheelchair. Oh the joys of music festivals....!

I'm more into the rock music myself, but I have to agree with you I wasn't too sure if Leeds fest was for me, more because of the whole drunken teenagers doing my head in. I have very little patience for them. I did feel a little too old to be there a lot of the time (although I am only 23, I felt a lot older lol) but other then that had a great time.

Haha-nice, my friends were more likely to have seen you. I permanently had random tall people stood in front of me and at times dancing with their back on my face :/ not sure why but I seemed to attract them.

We had the hill to walk down too, we were in green though. Don't think I could have lasted in the wastelands on the way to the arena...

Sounds like you had a great time though :)

Yep it was on the whole a great festival, despite me only taking trainers which was a massive mistake. I do wonder what it would be like to have so many tall people blocking your view, thankfully I'm tall enough not to have any problems. I was glad last night as well as we left around 11 just before the mad rush of traffic so I was home pretty quickly, I only live about 5 miles away from the site!

I LOVE this band! and I have a friend who loves them too. He bought a muse cover for his iPhone 4, a guitar pick necklace (which says Muse on it) and a few other stuff. I meant to go to their concert in Stockholm last summer, but then they cancelled last minute :sob::( I hope I'll get to see them someday. For they are truly awesome <3 :3m_sie: