The Emma-Watson.net Forum

This movie is made by the same guy who did Get Him to The Greek; I'm expecting this to be a very funny movie. I've also grown to be a fan of Russell Brand, he's got a kind of humor that only fits him. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Anyone else?

I'm not a fan of remakes, they usually are not half as good as the original, I don't know why they make them. :unsure:

I hate it when they ruin a classic film <_<

The remake of The Producers is waaaaaay better than the original... then again, Mel Brooks was still part of it.

I hate it when they remake classics. They should just stick with the originals.

That being said, I'll still go see it.

The problem is, is that no one does anything original anymore. It's like they're not even trying. Movies these days are either remakes, sequels, superhero movies (although I enjoy the Chris Nolan Batman series and Superman I & II) or movies adapted from novels.

The problem is, is that no one does anything original anymore. It's like they're not even trying. Movies these days are either remakes, sequels, superhero movies (although I enjoy the Chris Nolan Batman series and Superman I & II) or movies adapted from novels.

That's because none of the studios have money anymore. Daniel Craig was signed to do an additional 5 Bond movies but MGM studios went bankrupt.

Plus, nobody's going out to watch movies anymore. I'm seeing many movies only breaking even after 3 to 4 weeks after their premier. Everyone else nowadays are now waiting until the movie goes out DVD or not watching at all, or even turn to piracy. It's estimated that the movie industry loses over $6,000,000,000 annually. $1.3 billion of that from the US alone. In short, the industry has no more money to make good movies anymore.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

That's because none of the studios have money anymore. Daniel Craig was signed to do an additional 5 Bond movies but MGM studios went bankrupt.

Plus, nobody's going out to watch movies anymore. I'm seeing many movies only breaking even after 3 to 4 weeks after their premier. Everyone else nowadays are now waiting until the movie goes out DVD or not watching at all, or even turn to piracy. It's estimated that the movie industry loses over $6,000,000,000 annually. $1.3 billion of that from the US alone. In short, the industry has no more money to make good movies anymore.

That's not entirely true.

Studios are making money, just not all studios. Look at Warner Bros. over the last few years. They've made a killing off of The Dark Knight, Inception and Harry Potter. 20th Century Fox had Avatar which is the highest grossing movie in history. Disney has had Toy Story 3, Tangled and Pirates. Not to mention these studios are diversified in other media. MGM is now out of bankruptcy but got there from ignoring the world of today and letting it pass them by and other forms of mismanagement.

Sure, less people are going to the movies and are waiting on DVDs (which I think is a shame) but if the movies aren't good in the theater then they aren't going to be any good on DVD.

Also, it doesn't take a lot of money to make a good movie. Look at Juno or Napoleon Dynamite (made for less than $500,000), those movies were highly successful and made for a minimal amount. Pulp Fiction was a good movie and wildly successful but had a relatively small budget. Fargo had a small budget and was a good movie. Winters' Bone was made for very little and was a good movie.

You don't need big budgets and huge explosions and a lot of CGI if you have a good story. Good movies can be made for not a whole lot of money. Movie history is littered with classics that were made on small budgets. My issue is, is that the studios don't even seem to be trying anymore with good or original stories. They're just rehashing what was successful in the past, making every "comic" book into a movie, or adapting novels.

That's not entirely true.

Studios are making money, just not all studios. Look at Warner Bros. over the last few years. They've made a killing off of The Dark Knight, Inception and Harry Potter. 20th Century Fox had Avatar which is the highest grossing movie in history. Disney has had Toy Story 3, Tangled and Pirates. Not to mention these studios are diversified in other media. MGM is now out of bankruptcy but got there from ignoring the world of today and letting it pass them by and other forms of mismanagement.

Sure, less people are going to the movies and are waiting on DVDs (which I think is a shame) but if the movies aren't good in the theater then they aren't going to be any good on DVD.

Also, it doesn't take a lot of money to make a good movie. Look at Juno or Napoleon Dynamite (made for less than $500,000), those movies were highly successful and made for a minimal amount. Pulp Fiction was a good movie and wildly successful but had a relatively small budget. Fargo had a small budget and was a good movie. Winters' Bone was made for very little and was a good movie.

You don't need big budgets and huge explosions and a lot of CGI if you have a good story. Good movies can be made for not a whole lot of money. Movie history is littered with classics that were made on small budgets. My issue is, is that the studios don't even seem to be trying anymore with good or original stories. They're just rehashing what was successful in the past, making every "comic" book into a movie, or adapting novels.

Well the trick is hiring a good writer. I'm just really bummed about MGM... we need more Bond movies.