The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do you like flying?

Some people are scared of airplanes, some aren't... I love them :P What do you do to keep interested? Read, watch a movie, draw, sleep? What's the longest time you've been on one?

And what's your favourite way to travel? I also like boats.

Yeah i loooove flying, its awesome. I am always flying so i am pretty used to it, been on and off planes since i was little.

Longest flight was to Australia which is 22 hours long, but i dont really remember it because i was little. But the longest i do remember was to Japan, which was 11 hoursish. That was hellish, but luckily i was in first class.

I tend to watch some of the movies they have on offer, or i read.

I actually really do like flying. I'd flown to new york when I was younger but that flight was only about 45 minutes and I don't remember much at all. When I went to ireland, we had like a million connections and we were ALWAYS in the back. The longest would be coming back from frankfurt airport, it was about 6 or 7 hours. I slept and watched some movies on the plane. I remember though, flying from boston to london, there was some really bad turbulence and I was right next to the window and I thought, there is about 2 inches of metal between me and the atlantic ocean, this is not good. So that was kinda scary but it was all good :)

PS i flew the day after the 9/11 bombings...

Technically, the Septermber 11th terrorist attacks weren't bombings.

I love to fly. I love going to the airport, and I honesty quite like the environment.

Longest single flight I've flown was 23 hours from San Fransisco to Hong Kong; in addition to two other 2 hour flights and another 3 hour flight on the same day. Still I love the feeling of being in a plane and being in the air.

Long flights I just bring my laptop with me and watch some movies, listen to music, read and/or just nap.

I supposed I've grown rather used to flying now, but I do like it. The longest I've flown was probably something like 10 to 11 hours and I think I spent most of the time playing Nintendo DS. I love the British Airways entertainment system, so when I'm on an intercontinental BA flight, I don't worry too much about getting bored. :)

flying's alrite, the bad thing tho the seat is too small and its not comfy unless its first class ;p

normally i walked around up and down the aisle or watch movies, i could watch 2-3 movies in flight

longest was my trip back from Indonesia took 9 hours or maybe it was the trip to Indonesia.. anyways cant remember lol

My flights are very rare. I have really long legs, so anything beyond 1,5 - 2 hours would be torture unless maybe its 1st class (which i can't afford). Something to read is a must.

Really, the best part about it is take-off and landing. I could do take-offs all day!

Preferably in something that generates even more g-power....B)

Well I really dislike flying ^_^ Short distance of a couple of hours is alright I suppose but so not comfortable. And so noisy! :sweatdrop: Longest flight I've been on is when I went to New Zealand, 2,5 hours to London, 13 hours to Hong Kong and another 10 hours to Auckland. Then there was 45 min/1 hour to Wellington and 30 min to Nelson... guess if I was knackered after that :P Sleeping on long distance flights suck too, it's not proper sleep and you only get a few hours at a time.

On long distance flights I watch movies, short distance I just read and try to sleep/relax. I really prefer buses or trains where I can sit with my laptop throughout the journey and the noise isn't so bad. But of course any form of travelling that takes more than 3 hours is a pain.

i am getting admisson at flying school ^_^

Remind me not to have you as my pilot. haha j/k

I hope it all goes well.

Longest flight I've been on is when I went to New Zealand, 2,5 hours to London, 13 hours to Hong Kong and another 10 hours to Auckland.

How long was your layover in Hong Kong? Other than San Fransisco, I think Hong Kong's airport is one of the best looking I've been in.

I love flying, shame my arms get so tired after a while.

But seriously, I have never flown before. Not because some sort of fear...I just never had a reason to fly...yet :P

How long was your layover in Hong Kong? Other than San Fransisco, I think Hong Kong's airport is one of the best looking I've been in.

Just about 4 hours both times I was there. I agree with you though, the terminal I spent my time on was great. :) Really beautiful, also seeing Hong Kong when flying in was nice, very pretty place!

Just about 4 hours both times I was there. I agree with you though, the terminal I spent my time on was great. :) Really beautiful, also seeing Hong Kong when flying in was nice, very pretty place!

I bet the approach to Hong Kong was an adventure on it's own. I saw that it was one of the most dangerous airports in the world 'cause the pilot has to fly the plane inland... next to the mountains, turn around sharply and approach the man-made island... if you miss the runway, you're in the drink.

I bet the approach to Hong Kong was an adventure on it's own. I saw that it was one of the most dangerous airports in the world 'cause the pilot has to fly the plane inland... next to the mountains, turn around sharply and approach the man-made island... if you miss the runway, you're in the drink.

:rofl: Yikes, I did not notice that! It was a bit misty so didn't see a lot during parts of the landing process

i love flying. been up in the air constantly due to my father living abroad for 10 years.

longest flight was probably 14 hours. thats loong enough lol

i always bring a book (or two :P) and ipod. i usually watch lots and lots of movies/tv shows. and to pass time i play the games they offer :)

I do enjoy flying, but I am lucky and usually fly first class. We have a lot of miles lol since we travel a lot. The longest flight I have been on is to Israel and that is 12 hours.

i have flown only twice. first time i dont really remember because i was like 4 years old.

and the second time was in 2003 to london. which doesnt even take u an hour.

so idont have any stories to share :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been on a plane. My mother and grandmother are scared of flying. It's a real fear of theirs, but my grandmother has flown from Puerto Rico to Florida and New York, with my uncles.

My mother has never been on a plane, and won't go on one anytime soon (after 9/11 that kind of tanked ever going on a plane for her, being that our family is from New York City). I have never been on a plane and I really do want to travel abroad in the coming years, so I'm sure it will be quite a fear that I will have to get over sometime soon. Kinda scared, just because of my mom and stuff :unsure: .

My prefered method of travel (since I don't have a car, and I don't really like traveling by cars to be honest with you. Too small [unless it's an SUV :D ]) is by train. I don't like buses--they're a sort of pain in the arse for long distance trips. And, I also travel by my bicycle. Haven't gotten toooo far. But, longest trip on that has been 23 miles (or 37 kilometres), which took a little over two hours. Yeaaah. :mellow:

^^^ I can assure you, that flying is very safe, I've been on two long journeys by plane, and having never flown before was quite nervous. But, once it had taken off, it was no different than being on train/bus, just another mode of transport.

Perhaps you could book yourself a short flight to somewhere, about 1 hour, to see if you can take to it. I'm sure you will get used to it, and wonder what all the fuss was about. :yesyes:

It's pree boring. There's not much you can do and the hour passes soo slowwww. It's nice looking out of the window though :D

When i was flying to Prague it was a bit windy and when the plane tried to land, it went down really abruptly and it couldn't land properly and we kept feeling all those shakings. I felt something like a push in my chest and i really wanted to throw up haha. It was nothing really but we all ended clapping when it landed :P Made me feel like i was in some kind of a movie haha