The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do you like flying?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the longest flight I've ever been in was 14 hours to washington that was ALOT, my little neice kept me busy though >.<

But in general I love flying except the ear pressure part! and I don't know why but I love the meals they serve it's always good :D

Also I love traveling by car if there was good company with you :)

I quite enjoy shorter flights, but I don't like long haul. It's ridiculously hard to sleep as you don't have enough room, and I always feel rude when I put my seat early on in the flight so I usually wait until those around me have done it. If I can get to sleep it's alright, but more often than not my attempts are futile and I have to resort to watching films, although they seem to be really poor quality when you watch them on planes. I have been on some horrible flights before where everyone seemed to have a hacking cough, and constantly snorting etc. It doesn't matter though as when I'm older I'll be a millionaire and be able to afford first class/have my own private jet so it'll all be ok.*

*I hope

The longest flight I've been on was about 11 hours and I love to fly. Usually I listen to music, watch the movie or just look out of the window (when there is land underneath). But sadly it is 5 years since my last flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people are scared of airplanes, some aren't... I love them :P What do you do to keep interested? Read, watch a movie, draw, sleep? What's the longest time you've been on one?

And what's your favourite way to travel? I also like boats.

I love flying very much. Also the turbulence and stuff. Once over the Atlantic I was waiting infront of the restrooms, the next thing I know I was in mid air. And then I fell on the ground again. That was fun but also a little scary. :P But lately I had a bit panic, especially when turbulences started..strange. And I always sit on the aisle. I don't like sitting at the window.

Well I usually try to sleep, watch movies or listen to music. And the longest time would be 13 hours maybe.

My favorite way to travel? Well thats flying. I also like boats/ships.

Edited by I am Not Purple
  • 2 weeks later...

I just came home from Israel. The way our tickets worked out I had to take 3 different flights!!!!!! It's sucked, but i so love air Canada now!!! Lol

I love flying, but I hate jetlagg!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just came home from Israel. The way our tickets worked out I had to take 3 different flights!!!!!! It's sucked, but i so love air Canada now!!! Lol

I love flying, but I hate jetlagg!!!!

Haha you just gotta time your sleep pattern right. Luckily for me my arrivals were usually at night and I would go straight to sleep immediately since I don't sleep much on the plane.

---

Just got stateside last night actually and here's how my itinerary went:

-20min flight from Tacloban, Philippines (my hometown) to Cebu, Philippines

-7 hours in Cebu spent eating dinner with my relatives there

-4 hour flight from Cebu to Seoul (Incehon) Intl. in South Korea

-14 hour layover in South Korea

-11 hour flight from Seoul (Incheon) to Seattle, USA

-5 hour layover in Seattle

-4 hour flight back to Dallas

I literally was travelling for almost 2 days straight. And since the US is behind, I arrived here 3 days after I left the Philippines lol

Within a course of 4 weeks I flew on 12 different flights. Loved it. Don't ask me why but I love flying and going to airports.

Seoul (Incheon) Intl. is now one of my favourite airports to go to! Soooooo clean and contemporary; easy to navigate and not to mention all the duty free shops and restaurants available. Surprisingly the prices there weren't all that expensive compared to prices in US airports; like for coffee and food as well as retail shops. While walking around, I saw a group in traditional Korean attire just walking through the terminal, apparently there're from this Korean Culture shop in the airport that's more like an info/activity place rather than a shop. In any case the airport was comfortable and not as hectic as lets say LAX.

I've never heard of Asiana Airlines before but I looooove them now. On time, great service, they fly through Seoul lol, the flight attendants have genuine smiles (which goes a long way to me) and very helpful ... not to mention they're really cute :P . I am definitely flying through them again. Which reminds me, I'm going to plan another trip back home in a few months now haha. My other cousin's wedding is in December and I told her I was going to make it.

---

Quick question: Why is it that duty free/airport retail shop prices are all in USD?

Edited by sirbenedictvs