#21 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

i have flown only twice. first time i dont really remember because i was like 4 years old.
and the second time was in 2003 to london. which doesnt even take u an hour.

so idont have any stories to share :(

I will possess your heart.

#22 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

I have never been on a plane. My mother and grandmother are scared of flying. It's a real fear of theirs, but my grandmother has flown from Puerto Rico to Florida and New York, with my uncles.

My mother has never been on a plane, and won't go on one anytime soon (after 9/11 that kind of tanked ever going on a plane for her, being that our family is from New York City). I have never been on a plane and I really do want to travel abroad in the coming years, so I'm sure it will be quite a fear that I will have to get over sometime soon. Kinda scared, just because of my mom and stuff :unsure: .

My prefered method of travel (since I don't have a car, and I don't really like traveling by cars to be honest with you. Too small [unless it's an SUV :D ]) is by train. I don't like buses--they're a sort of pain in the arse for long distance trips. And, I also travel by my bicycle. Haven't gotten toooo far. But, longest trip on that has been 23 miles (or 37 kilometres), which took a little over two hours. Yeaaah. :mellow:
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#23 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

^^^ I can assure you, that flying is very safe, I've been on two long journeys by plane, and having never flown before was quite nervous. But, once it had taken off, it was no different than being on train/bus, just another mode of transport.
Perhaps you could book yourself a short flight to somewhere, about 1 hour, to see if you can take to it. I'm sure you will get used to it, and wonder what all the fuss was about. :yesyes:
E-sister - Madeline

#24 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

I love flying, even moe this year because over the summer I was traveling to Idaho alone and they messed up my ticket so I got to fly first class! :D

#25 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

It's pree boring. There's not much you can do and the hour passes soo slowwww. It's nice looking out of the window though :D

When i was flying to Prague it was a bit windy and when the plane tried to land, it went down really abruptly and it couldn't land properly and we kept feeling all those shakings. I felt something like a push in my chest and i really wanted to throw up haha. It was nothing really but we all ended clapping when it landed :P Made me feel like i was in some kind of a movie haha

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#26 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

^^^^Hahahaha :D

#27 Carlyn

Carlyn

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:13 AM

I do not like flying at all and I only tolerate it. If I could I would take the train, car or a boat. I have flown interstate before and never overseas.

#28 halleluJah

halleluJah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Mood::sublime
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

love it, that feeling of taking off never gets old :ohyeah:
Help! I'm stuck on a rock floating through space

#29 Mrs.Pumpkinhead

Mrs.Pumpkinhead

Dedicated Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Mood::Hugging Hogwarts ='(
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Well the longest flight I've ever been in was 14 hours to washington that was ALOT, my little neice kept me busy though >.<
But in general I love flying except the ear pressure part! and I don't know why but I love the meals they serve it's always good :D
Also I love traveling by car if there was good company with you :)

E-married to my dear Jon <3
My wonderful friends: Josh, Kim
My wonderful Grandaughter: Arie <3 & My awesome Grandson: Ardi My Potato chip Granddaughter: Boma My beautiful great granddaughter: Sarah.
My lovely neechan: Dina My beautiful little sister/T.L buddy: Lindy
My awesome e-son: Andrew
I love you all!! <3

"Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil"

By: My lovely beautiful sister Lindy <3
By: My amazing sweet potato chip granddaughter Boma <3

#30 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

I quite enjoy shorter flights, but I don't like long haul. It's ridiculously hard to sleep as you don't have enough room, and I always feel rude when I put my seat early on in the flight so I usually wait until those around me have done it. If I can get to sleep it's alright, but more often than not my attempts are futile and I have to resort to watching films, although they seem to be really poor quality when you watch them on planes. I have been on some horrible flights before where everyone seemed to have a hacking cough, and constantly snorting etc. It doesn't matter though as when I'm older I'll be a millionaire and be able to afford first class/have my own private jet so it'll all be ok.*

*I hope

#31 LoverBoy

LoverBoy

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Mood::Happy
  • LocationWhere i'm Standing...Is my Location...

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

i love flying....the longest flight I've ever been was 11 hours... :)

Edited by LoverBoy, 11 May 2011 - 01:11 PM.

Posted Image

e-brother: Michael,Andrew, e-cousin: i love emma, e-sister: sarah,e-friend:BoMa

#32 Michael

Michael

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,743 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

The longest flight I've been on was about 11 hours and I love to fly. Usually I listen to music, watch the movie or just look out of the window (when there is land underneath). But sadly it is 5 years since my last flight.

Welcome to the island of misfit toys. (Sam - The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

E-Sister: LoopyALA E-Cousin: i love emma E-Brother: LoverBoy

#33 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

if we're sharing stories as well, then here's mine..

Last year when i was flying to Sardinia i happened to be seated next to Gianfranco Zola (ex-football legend), i got his autograph ^_^ .

#34 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

^^^^niiiiiice :yesyes:

#35 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

lol thanks!

#36 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

Some people are scared of airplanes, some aren't... I love them :P What do you do to keep interested? Read, watch a movie, draw, sleep? What's the longest time you've been on one?

And what's your favourite way to travel? I also like boats.

I love flying very much. Also the turbulence and stuff. Once over the Atlantic I was waiting infront of the restrooms, the next thing I know I was in mid air. And then I fell on the ground again. That was fun but also a little scary. :P But lately I had a bit panic, especially when turbulences started..strange. And I always sit on the aisle. I don't like sitting at the window.
Well I usually try to sleep, watch movies or listen to music. And the longest time would be 13 hours maybe.

My favorite way to travel? Well thats flying. I also like boats/ships.

Edited by I am Not Purple, 27 May 2011 - 02:19 AM.

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie

#37 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I just came home from Israel. The way our tickets worked out I had to take 3 different flights!!!!!! It's sucked, but i so love air Canada now!!! Lol
I love flying, but I hate jetlagg!!!!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#38 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

I just came home from Israel. The way our tickets worked out I had to take 3 different flights!!!!!! It's sucked, but i so love air Canada now!!! Lol
I love flying, but I hate jetlagg!!!!

Haha you just gotta time your sleep pattern right. Luckily for me my arrivals were usually at night and I would go straight to sleep immediately since I don't sleep much on the plane.

---
Just got stateside last night actually and here's how my itinerary went:

-20min flight from Tacloban, Philippines (my hometown) to Cebu, Philippines
-7 hours in Cebu spent eating dinner with my relatives there
-4 hour flight from Cebu to Seoul (Incehon) Intl. in South Korea
-14 hour layover in South Korea
-11 hour flight from Seoul (Incheon) to Seattle, USA
-5 hour layover in Seattle
-4 hour flight back to Dallas

I literally was travelling for almost 2 days straight. And since the US is behind, I arrived here 3 days after I left the Philippines lol

Within a course of 4 weeks I flew on 12 different flights. Loved it. Don't ask me why but I love flying and going to airports.

Seoul (Incheon) Intl. is now one of my favourite airports to go to! Soooooo clean and contemporary; easy to navigate and not to mention all the duty free shops and restaurants available. Surprisingly the prices there weren't all that expensive compared to prices in US airports; like for coffee and food as well as retail shops. While walking around, I saw a group in traditional Korean attire just walking through the terminal, apparently there're from this Korean Culture shop in the airport that's more like an info/activity place rather than a shop. In any case the airport was comfortable and not as hectic as lets say LAX.

I've never heard of Asiana Airlines before but I looooove them now. On time, great service, they fly through Seoul lol, the flight attendants have genuine smiles (which goes a long way to me) and very helpful ... not to mention they're really cute :P . I am definitely flying through them again. Which reminds me, I'm going to plan another trip back home in a few months now haha. My other cousin's wedding is in December and I told her I was going to make it.

---
Quick question: Why is it that duty free/airport retail shop prices are all in USD?

Edited by sirbenedictvs, 19 July 2011 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users