The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What's in your diet? What do you tend to eat more of, less of, etc? Just for clarification, this isn't about dieting.

Half my diet involves some sort of meat (chicken, beef, fish, etc) and some carbs, mainly rice. Fruits are a large part of my diet as well. Either eating them, smoothies or juices; as long as I have enough fruits for the day. There's also a lot of milk in my diet but I usually mix it with something else such as coffee (lots of it) or in a protein shake. The main things in my diet usually are protein, carbs, vitamin C and vitamin B I guess.

What's in your diet? What do you tend to eat more of, less of, etc? Just for clarification, this isn't about dieting.

Half my diet involves some sort of meat (chicken, beef, fish, etc) and some carbs, mainly rice. Fruits are a large part of my diet as well. Either eating them, smoothies or juices; as long as I have enough fruits for the day. There's also a lot of milk in my diet but I usually mix it with something else such as coffee (lots of it) or in a protein shake. The main things in my diet usually are protein, carbs, vitamin C and vitamin B I guess.

Love this topic. ^_^

You know, studies have been done regarding the "dieting" fad which has swept the nation hard since 2004, especially. Statistics shown then appeared in articles which stated that, per year, Americans spend $33 billion on "dieting" books, videos, memberships. Most of which are either not followed through, or used in the end.

So, yeah, I agree Jeremy. Diet has another meaning. And our "diet" pretty much matches.

I love variety in my diet. So, as for meats...I tend to try new items when I feel adventurous enough. My go-to's for poultry are chicken and turkey. I can eat any red meat (within reason) and enjoy it. I did enjoy buffalo when I homecooked it. I tend to eat these high-protein items in small portions, so about 4 ounces per serving, or the size of a deck of cards. They primarily, for me, go with lunch and dinner.

As for traditional complex carbohydrates, I go for rice (white, basmati, jasmine, and especially brown), couscous, and buhlgur wheat, and whole wheat or vegetable pasta. Oatmeal, packaged non-sugary cereal, or whole grain farina for breakfast. Whole wheat bread, tortillas, etc.

Fruits and veggies--nearly anything I can get my hands on. I'm not a picky eater, and I do recognize the importance of antioxidants (which are believed to help reduce risk of several diseases), nutrients and minerals like Vitamin A, C, Iron, and Potassium. I have blended them myself (saves money), and used natural sweeteners such as honey, and agave nectar.

Oils: Extra Virgin Olive oil (though I've tended to stay away from this and branch out more), Pure Olive Oil, Walnut Oil, and Grapseed Oil.

Beverages: skim milk, less-sugar and enriched variety orange juice, water, Gatorade, and coconut water, smoothies (yogurt).

So, my philosophy retains the following words: food group balance, unprocessed, simple, and nutrient-dense. It doesn't necessarily matter how many calories an item which is cooked from scratch is when weighed against the nutrient density scale. And the servings can always be cut in smaller portions. And, a person can eat any of these items but if it's not cooked correctly (if a person looks to go "healthy") then it doesn't matter.

I started cooking from scratch, and stored extra portions in the fridge/freezer, and I've felt better about myself. My skin has cleared tremendously and I have much more energy than constant coffee drinking would ever give me.

^_^

My general diet consists of sugar free drinks, no caffiene, plenty of fruit to get natural sugar into my system, pasta, fish, red meat.

I have to eat as little sugar as possible because of my heart condition which makes my heart race stupidly slow and i pass out lol and im telling you now its not fun.

I eat lots and lots of fish, i have fish mostly every day. If i dont have it for dinner ill have some smoked salmon at some point as a snack. I also love mash potato so thats in my diet a lot.

Diet...hahaha yeah...about that.

Since I'm at school, I can't cook for myself yet (only upperclassmen get apartments where they have their own kitchen), so I have to go with what the school gives me. This stuff isn't very good >.<

I eat a lot of carbs, not gonna lie, so I need to start cutting down on some of that stuff. I have a lot of juice/milk because Im not doing caffeine for Lent this year. I've been trying to eat more veggies. for example, today at lunch I had cucumbers and green peppers with cranberries, red wine vinegar, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. I had cranberry juice, chicken and rice soup and some ice cream (I have to stop eating so much ice cream, ahh!). Not a bad lunch overall, but what the school offers is really limited. Same menu stuff, rotated every few weeks. It gets old after a while. And it stinks because the food isn't very fresh; we have a catering company called Sodexho. I wish I could cook for myself, because I think I would experiment with a lot and try to get more whole foods, eat healthier, etc. I'm also trying to eat more in between meals but that's not working out so well, lol.

I don't eat much carbohydrates, so I don't eat pasta, bread or potatoes. I eat a lot of broccoli instead. It all started with me trying to follow the GI-method (glycemic index) after giving birth. Well...I wasn't very good at that. I hate diets and I think it's okay to eat anything as long you don't eat too much of it. But I don't miss potatoes and pasta and I like broccoli so I eat that instead.

So that's my diet, broccoli and much meat, even though I want to eat more vegetarian.

My general diet consists of sugar free drinks, no caffiene, plenty of fruit to get natural sugar into my system, pasta, fish, red meat.

I have to eat as little sugar as possible because of my heart condition which makes my heart race stupidly slow and i pass out lol and im telling you now its not fun.

I eat lots and lots of fish, i have fish mostly every day. If i dont have it for dinner ill have some smoked salmon at some point as a snack. I also love mash potato so thats in my diet a lot.

^^ I forgot to mention fish. I loooove fish, but it's so expensive. :( I got a fillet of steelhead trout last week (and it's still in the freezer. -_- ). It will be cooked soon loool.

Sorry to hear you have a heart condition. :doh: I never knew that. :sob: Well, at least you are conscious about your health and make active strides to prevent anything hereditarily bad from happening to you. ;)

I don't have much of one but I do want one. I eat 1 or two meals a day and my meals consist of either something potato based, meat or pasta. >.<

It'd be great if you did have one. Many food items have nutrients and minerals which fuel cell processes in the body. Within this system, the nutirents and minerals affect the production of brain chemicals such as serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical which retains one of the largest factors in susceptibility for depression.

Social and genetic factors can cause depression, but having a balanced diet and spreading out balanced meals throughout the day will help you take measures to nourish your body and your mind and prevent the pitfalls of many illnesses.

An interesting, but technical article published in 2000, questions the relationship between what I stated above and mentions the following: "the symptoms of major depression, for example, mood, appetite, sleep, activity, suicide, sexual, and cognitive dysfunction." (The Serotonin Hypothesis by Michael Maes and Herbert Y. Meltzer) Interesting thing is, a later article from 1995 answers the questions much simpler by suggesting the following foods:

"In terms of the effects of actual foods on serotonin, here are some suggestions form nutritionists:

* If you're having trouble falling asleep, try a small snack of carbohydrate-rich food. Warm milk may work for the psychological comfort, but also because milk contains a moderate amount of carbohydrate in the form of lactose (milk sugar).

* If you tend to have only carbohydrates (e.g., plain bagel or muffin) before class, and you often fall asleep during class, try adding some protein by putting some hard cheese (cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.) or peanut butter on the bagel. Or, have a yogurt or cottage cheese instead.

* For those who are active (athletes or exercisers), don't be fooled by carbohydrate's relaxing effects. You'll do best with a diet rich in grains/starches, legumes (dried beans and peas), fruit, and vegetables in order to get carbohydrates for muscle energy. Don't skimp on protein either, which is necessary for muscle growth and repair. Additionally, include some fat for satiety and healthy skin."

["Serotonin and Foods?" by Columbia University's "Ask Alice" program]

I hope that helps if you want to make a starting point somewhere if you do "want one (a diet)" .

I eat a lot of carbs, not gonna lie, so I need to start cutting down on some of that stuff. I wish I could cook for myself, because I think I would experiment with a lot and try to get more whole foods, eat healthier, etc. I'm also trying to eat more in between meals but that's not working out so well, lol.

Actually, carbohydrates are in everything a person eats--fruit, pasta, nuts, etc. You can spread out your carbs over the course of the day? Maybe that would help?

Where there is a will, there is a way girrrrl frieeend. :D:P lool. ;)

Diet...hahaha yeah...about that.

Since I'm at school, I can't cook for myself yet (only upperclassmen get apartments where they have their own kitchen), so I have to go with what the school gives me. This stuff isn't very good >.<

I eat a lot of carbs, not gonna lie, so I need to start cutting down on some of that stuff. I have a lot of juice/milk because Im not doing caffeine for Lent this year. I've been trying to eat more veggies. for example, today at lunch I had cucumbers and green peppers with cranberries, red wine vinegar, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. I had cranberry juice, chicken and rice soup and some ice cream (I have to stop eating so much ice cream, ahh!). Not a bad lunch overall, but what the school offers is really limited. Same menu stuff, rotated every few weeks. It gets old after a while. And it stinks because the food isn't very fresh; we have a catering company called Sodexho. I wish I could cook for myself, because I think I would experiment with a lot and try to get more whole foods, eat healthier, etc. I'm also trying to eat more in between meals but that's not working out so well, lol.

lol Ramen noodles ftw. It's nicknamed "college food" for a reason :rofl:

Freshmen and sophomore year I basically ate a bowl filled with ramen noodles, eggs and rice.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I have always been a healthy eater. Almost everything I buy is organic. And because I keep kosher there are a lot of things I simply can't eat. For example, kosher meat is a lot better for you because there can't be any mystery parts in it. Like, in non kosher hot dogs they put all kinds of crap. I rarely eat meat, but I do eat it to stay healthy. I don't eat so much dairy because I am lactose intolerant, but I do take calcium pills. My diet mostly is made up of fruit, vegetables, and grains. I do have a soft spot for bread though lol. I hardly ever eat cakes or that sort of thing because I just don't like them. I do have a weakness for ice cream every now and then too.

I eat whatever is cheap, that's what my economy can take B) A lot of bread (mostly whole meal), milk-products, chicken and vegetarian protein like quorn and soy-products. Quite a bit of pasta and rice, porridge, LOADS of fruit! Probably my biggest expense. I do count calories though, I sometimes eat really unhealthy but I ALWAYS keep to 2000 calories a day. :)

I used to be on a super strict diet though (Per meal: 6g of fat, 30g of carbs and 20g protein). While I exercised 5 times a week. I gained weight :blink: So my motivation to eat super healthy kind of went down the drain.

I eat whatever is cheap, that's what my economy can take B) A lot of bread (mostly whole meal), milk-products, chicken and vegetarian protein like quorn and soy-products. Quite a bit of pasta and rice, porridge, LOADS of fruit! Probably my biggest expense. I do count calories though, I sometimes eat really unhealthy but I ALWAYS keep to 2000 calories a day. :)

I used to be on a super strict diet though (Per meal: 6g of fat, 30g of carbs and 20g protein). While I exercised 5 times a week. I gained weight :blink: So my motivation to eat super healthy kind of went down the drain.

2000 Calories is actually quite the normal intake for a human being give or take for metabolism and physical activity. Imo, eating is just Calorie intake... refueling, so long as you get it in your body. You're going to burn it all off anyway right? Again I think that the only real diet is exercise.

Well don't eat meat.. I'm a vegetarian. I do eat eggs though, and lots of vegetables and fruit. I eat a lot of bread and cheese!! I really don't eat very much sweets (I know, some might think I'm weird.) Yes, I'll admit I am picky about what I put in my mouth. xD Oh, and when I eat snacks, it's always for the most part healthy. I'm in a few sports, and I love running (besides when asthma starts acting up), so I'm not a couch potato. :yesyes:

2000 Calories is actually quite the normal intake for a human being give or take for metabolism and physical activity. Imo, eating is just Calorie intake... refueling, so long as you get it in your body. You're going to burn it all off anyway right? Again I think that the only real diet is exercise.

I know my metabolism is pretty bad, I naturally burn about 1500 a day. :) The rest has to be burnt off... only I don't exercise these days. I take the stairs a lot and I use my brain constantly, that's my calorie burner! :lol:

Well don't eat meat.. I'm a vegetarian. I do eat eggs though, and lots of vegetables and fruit. I eat a lot of bread and cheese!! I really don't eat very much sweets (I know, some might think I'm weird.) Yes, I'll admit I am picky about what I put in my mouth. xD Oh, and when I eat snacks, it's always for the most part healthy. I'm in a few sports, and I love running (besides when asthma starts acting up), so I'm not a couch potato. :yesyes:

Yay you'r a vegetarian! :ohyeah: I love eggs too, eat a lot.

I know my metabolism is pretty bad, I naturally burn about 1500 a day. :) The rest has to be burnt off... only I don't exercise these days. I take the stairs a lot and I use my brain constantly, that's my calorie burner! :lol:

Now that you mention it, the brain on average burns the most calories than any other organ... including muscles.

lol Ramen noodles ftw. It's nicknamed "college food" for a reason :rofl:

Freshmen and sophomore year I basically ate a bowl filled with ramen noodles, eggs and rice.

I adore ramen noodles but unfortunately i dont have a microwave in my room however my roommate does have a hot water heater so that reminds me that i should bring some back with me! :D thank you for bringing this up lol

I adore ramen noodles but unfortunately i dont have a microwave in my room however my roommate does have a hot water heater so that reminds me that i should bring some back with me! :D thank you for bringing this up lol

Ha! Don't you at least have counter-top burners? You can always go old fashioned and put 'em all in one pot.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha! Don't you at least have counter-top burners? You can always go old fashioned and put 'em all in one pot.

No we don't have a kitchen, I'm only a sophomore and the juniors/seniors get the apartments with the kitchen, bathrooms, etc :(

No we don't have a kitchen, I'm only a sophomore and the juniors/seniors get the apartments with the kitchen, bathrooms, etc :(

What? You have no kitchen? Not even shared?! I share kitchen with 10 other corridor mates... It's be so weird if you don't have anything :blink:

• 1 month later...

^^ I forgot to mention fish. I loooove fish, but it's so expensive. :( I got a fillet of steelhead trout last week (and it's still in the freezer. -_- ). It will be cooked soon loool.

Sorry to hear you have a heart condition. :doh: I never knew that. :sob: Well, at least you are conscious about your health and make active strides to prevent anything hereditarily bad from happening to you. ;)

Fish can be really expensive your right, and yes you must cook it!! lol. Yum.

Yeah i have gotten used to it though, i dont miss the sugar/caffiene much lol sometimes though. Every one i know live of coffee and energy drinks - but i dont and they dont understand how i can stay awake all day lol. But honestly since i cut out all that rubbish from my diet, i have more energy. Ironically lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to eat as healthy as possible. Lots of fruits and veggies, low calorie types of things, and plenty of protein (eggs, cottage cheese, nuts) I try not to eat meat but I do have fish. I lovvve sushi, shrimp, and crab. I eat a lot of salads and wraps. The only thing I drink is water and occasionally green tea or diet pop.

• 12 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Наша команда искусных мастеров завершена предложить вам перспективные подходы, которые не только снабдят надежную защиту от прохлады, но и дарят вашему домашнему пространству современный вид.
Мы деятельны с последними строительными материалами, сертифицируя прочный срок службы службы и блестящие результирующие показатели. Изолирование фронтонов – это не только экономия на прогреве, но и ухаживание о природной среде. Экономичные методы, какие мы применяем, способствуют не только зданию, но и сохранению природных ресурсов.
Самое первоочередное: [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]Сколько стоит утепление стен снаружи цена[/url] у нас стартует всего от 1250 рублей за м2! Это доступное решение, которое превратит ваш дом в подлинный комфортный угол с минимальными расходами.
Наши работы – это не единственно изолирование, это формирование пространства, в где всякий элемент показывает ваш собственный образ. Мы рассмотрим все ваши просьбы, чтобы сделать ваш дом еще более приятным и привлекательным.
Подробнее на [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]интернет-ресурсе[/url]
Не откладывайте занятия о своем корпусе на потом! Обращайтесь к спецам, и мы сделаем ваш дом не только теплее, но и модернизированным. Заинтересовались? Подробнее о наших услугах вы можете узнать на веб-сайте. Добро пожаловать в сферу гармонии и качественного исполнения.