The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Harry Potter: The Exhibition Grand Opening

A few days late but better late than never, right? :ph34r:

On Monday night, several Potter stars were in attendance for the opening of Harry Potter: The Exhibition at Discovery Times Square in New York City.

The cast and crew were also there to promote the April 15th release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 on DVD and Blu-ray.

Below are several photos from the red carpet event.

Here's part of an MTV interview from the event with Evanna and Bonnie too:

So did (Lynch) shed a tear for the end of the series like co-star Daniel Radcliffe did?

"I did cry," Lynch admitted. "I cried on the last day, because it was epic. Everyone was in, and we had a big cast call, and everyone was like, 'Well, this is [it]!' And yes, it was emotional."

She said her final scene was an especially powerful one to film because it brought her role in the "Potter" series full-circle. Lynch's first movie in the franchise was "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," a flick that introduced Harry's resistance movement which worked out of the mysterious Room of Requirements. The Room makes a significant contribution to "Deathly Hallows, Part 2" as well, and Lynch said she felt it was fitting that those were her final scenes to film.

"I felt like I'd started on the Room of Requirement scenes, and that was like a learning curve, and you learn magic, and then we left and we go out into the battle, and I felt it was so symbolic," she said.

Bonnie Wright, who plays Ginny Weasley in the series, confessed on the red carpet that she also had a similar cyclical experience between her first and last scenes films.

"Obviously [when] I started, my first scene ever filmed was on the train platform 9 3/4, and then we came back to shoot some more [of the epilogue] before Christmas, and it was back at platform 9 3/4, so I finished, and it was like this amazing cycle," Wright said.

Evanna tweeted about her purchases, “Just back from Harry Potter: The Exhibition in Times Square. It was gorgeous!! They’ve done a fantastic job and it looks beautiful. And I went crrrazy in the gift shop. I wanted Dobby but settled for a wand, an owl, a t-shirt and a dashing Dumbledore bookmark. mmmm.â€

Michael Gambon, David Heyman, David Thewlis, Helen McCrory, Clemence Poesy, Domhnall Gleeson, and Freddie Stroma were also there.

Sources 1 2 3

Everyone looks amazing <3 And happy!

Wasn't evanna's hair brown for a while? or red or something? I think I like it better blonde :D and bonnie wears way too much lipstick lol. But yeah, everyone looks great and happy :D

I miss all the good stuff! :sob:

That's what happens when you're out of town and have to be. -sigh- -_-

Aahhh! I was there! I was using an absolutely horrid camera though, so i won't bother posting pictures. But I had a really good spot (considering I got there only an hour and a half before it started, and none of the stars really signed many autographs, if any). Talked to Helen McCrory (Narcissa) briefly afterwards though, she said the Exhibition is AMAZING! I'm going tomorrow morning, I'm so stoked!