The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Well, I've got a question about my diet and I thought others could use this thread to if they have questions about their Food and Health to.

So my questions is:

I've recently for the past week changed my diet. I've been making sure I've had 3 meals a day and I only snack on fruit. I've also been taking Vitamin C tablet.

I've noticed the past week my mood has been better and I feel good about myself. But, I've found myself having a funny stomach, wanting to eat a lot more and going to the toilet a lot more. (Spare the details) But is it my body getting used to my new diet or is this bad and I should go back to obsessive eating? I never put on weight either because I have high motabolism.

I think the change you made is good :) the hunger you always feel is from vitamin C-it has that effect on most people.Also the going to the toilet more often might be from different reasons-your body getting used to the new diet or the fruit.

You shouldn't go back o obsessive eating as it might damage your stomach.

hope this helps.

Yeah, I agree, the changes are definately for the better IMO. The stomach changes etc that you're feeling are probably due to the change in diet, especially if you're eating lots more fruit, so I should think they'll settle down after a while when your body gets used to it.

I'm so pleased that you're seeing good results with your mood after so little time.

Well done Jade, keep at it giirl! :D

Well, I've got a question about my diet and I thought others could use this thread to if they have questions about their Food and Health to.

So my questions is:

I've recently for the past week changed my diet. I've been making sure I've had 3 meals a day and I only snack on fruit. I've also been taking Vitamin C tablet.

I've noticed the past week my mood has been better and I feel good about myself. But, I've found myself having a funny stomach, wanting to eat a lot more and going to the toilet a lot more. (Spare the details) But is it my body getting used to my new diet or is this bad and I should go back to obsessive eating? I never put on weight either because I have high motabolism.

I definitely second what Madeline said. (Sorry for such a late reply on this thread, been so busy and overtired -_-)

Vitamin C is an important vitamin for your body to take in. Keep in mind too, that depending on what type of fruits (and/or vegetables) you eat they will have moderate levels of vitamin C as well. About two times a week (especially if I am feeling under the weather), I will take a Vitamin C supplement powder to put in my water in the mornings. My supplement contains Vitamin C, B vitamins, Zinc, etc.

Not only does the C vitamin boost your energy, but it also will have some sort of impact on your mood levels and keep your immune system strong and in check. Also, three solid (and balanced--plate should, ideally, have protein, complex carbohydrate, and fruit or vegetable [plus "healthy fat": i.e. oils or nuts which have high concentrations of unsaturated fat]) meals per day followed by (as many as) three snacks will keep your metabolism at its natural rate, elevate or stabalize your mood much better, and keep parts of your body--such as your skin, hair, eyes, nails--in a healthy and elastic form.

Because you increased the amount you ate over the last week, you may have felt more full and had to have frequent the bathroom more. That's natural in changing your diet, and it is not a bad thing. Fruits (especially if you leave the skin on most of them) contain naturally grown fibers. If you've ever looked at a nutrition chart on a grain product and you noticed the words "soluble" and "insoluble" fiber, and never knew what it meant, here: Fiber located in natural substances makes you feel full and also speeds up the process of eradicating "aging toxins" in the body. Soluble fiber, which breaks down, starts the eradication process of the toxins in your organs (intestines, liver, etc.) while insoluble fiber binds with these toxins to rid your body of them.

A high-fiber, and low-fat (lower in transfatty acids and saturated fat), diet is most associated with good heart health and lower cholesterol, etc. Fruit, too, contains plant-based antioxidants which are believed to help prevent many diseases in the body, including cancer, as well as retains many vitamins necessary for your body to have. As Katharine said, the increase of fruit (and fiber) will take a while for your body to get used to.

Do not go back to obsessive eating. As Madeline said, obsessive eating carries many risks and bad factors to health, including damaging your stomach. If you do not eat, or eat one meal a day, your stomach will constantly try to process food that is not there. The constant flow of acid can eat away at the stomach lining and create digestive problems. Obsessive eating also will not help you maintain a steady mood, will increase the risk of insomnia and stress/anxiety, will not keep the skin (plus eyes, nails, hair, etc.) looking healthy, and will promote a more pale skin tone (in some cases).

Anywho, I hope you continue eating with this new change in your diet. And I hope this helps :unsure: because I know it's A LOT to read :lol: . If anyone would like any links for what I explained above, I will be happy to find and share the sources and articles which I have pulled my knowledge from. My explanations came from my own studies, but I do not mind finding and sharing resources for everyone to look themselves. ^_^