The Emma-Watson.net Forum

would you eat bugs?

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've eaten bugs and I don't mind eating bugs. Ounce for ounce, they're packed with more protein than beef. The question is how many you'd eat. I think there was this store I passed by in San Antonio, TX that specialized in bug 'candy'. They had chocolate covered crickets, caramel ants, etc. Still eating bugs alive still kindof creeps me out to a certain extent but I don't mind it, especially on like a hike or camping trip.

On a side note, if snails count, I've experimented a few dishes with those. Mostly jambalaya style or with a salad mostly.

Where I live people eat grasshoppers, termites and flying ants like they're bread and butter. I personally haven't tried any of them but other people say they taste really good so I will when I get the chance :P

I would if presented to me at the right time and in the right way ^_^ Don't think I could eat a spider though, too many limbs *shiver* But ants definitely, or crickets or something. We'll see when I'm offered B)

I'd be somewhat concerned not about the bugs but what's inside. Dunno, parasites and stuff? If there is nothing of that sort, then yeah, why not?

I'd be somewhat concerned not about the bugs but what's inside. Dunno, parasites and stuff? If there is nothing of that sort, then yeah, why not?

How about swallow a bunch of termites and let the symbiotic species living in them roost in your stomach allowing you to digest wood. Huzzah! There is one thing I most likely won't ever see myself eat is grubs aka beetle larvae. I saw Bear Grylls eat that gigantic elephant beetle larvae which was literally about the size of his hand... one of the few things that does actually gross me out.

I would eat them if I'd have to. Like in an emergency in order to survive. But as long as I don't have to, I rather not. I've tried a mopane worm once in elementary school. A partner class from South Africa sent them to us. And I believe snails as well as a dish when I was really young.

I would eat bugs if I were on a reality show like The Amazing Race or I'm a celebrity get me the hell out of here. Or I would eat bugs in a survival situation. I would prefer to eat the smaller bugs and I think I prefer the crunchy ones as oppose to the ones that have a really gooey centre.

I would eat bugs if I were on a reality show like The Amazing Race or I'm a celebrity get me the hell out of here. Or I would eat bugs in a survival situation. I would prefer to eat the smaller bugs and I think I prefer the crunchy ones as oppose to the ones that have a really gooey centre.

Once you get past the exoskeleton, it's still gooey.

Where I live people eat grasshoppers, termites and flying ants like they're bread and butter. I personally haven't tried any of them but other people say they taste really good so I will when I get the chance :P

:lostit: That seems really crazy to me. lol. I don't know if I'd like to try a grasshopper, to be honest. I had one climb on me once, and it freaked me out. And it hurt. :lol:

No... I don't think I would. Maybe, just maybe try a snail for the French culture but that's all.

Twin difference! I think I might take the opportunity to eat a bug or two in the future. But, for me, it would have to be either on a backpacking trip through several countries, on a cycling trip if things went awry and I had no food left :rofl: , or on a camping and hiking expedition. Or even if I was stranded.

This is true. Parasites do concern me, which is a big factor for why I'm not yet handy or skilled in cooking any meat yet--especially pork and fish. But I suppose before eating a certain type of bug, it'd be best to do a bit of research on it. Same goes for eating anything that grows in the wilderness. For instance, some berries--which are found naturally in the woods--are poisonous.

I remember in my last year of grade school, we took a camping trip to the northern part of my state and were taught survival skills (most of which I don't even remember lol). We did have a lesson on boiling certain leaves to make tea. It was sooo cool. ^_^

How about swallow a bunch of termites and let the symbiotic species living in them roost in your stomach allowing you to digest wood. Huzzah! There is one thing I most likely won't ever see myself eat is grubs aka beetle larvae. I saw Bear Grylls eat that gigantic elephant beetle larvae which was literally about the size of his hand... one of the few things that does actually gross me out.

Ok ok, one ancronym for ya: LOL.

I don't think I would ever eat grubs. -shivers- They're SO NASTY. I can stomach watching Bear Grylls (<3) eat A LOT of bugs and exotic meats, but never beetle larvae or grubs. -shiverrrssss-

I have to turn away from the television when I watch him eat that. Gahhh. Thanks, Jeremy, for the nice mental image. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lena

I've eaten cooked worms before, I think they were called mbapani worms or something. It was when I was in high school, this girl from zimbabwe brought them to international day haha. They were not tasty is all I can say. :icontwisted8pz:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I voted maybe only because it depends on what kind of situation I would be. If I was in a deserted island with nothing but bugs to eat, I certainly would only for survival. Secondly, if someone paid me good money to do it--hell yeah I would!

• 3 years later...

I would, here's a picture of what we call 'camaro'.

I eat this like 2-4 times a month, it's pretty common here in the Philippines like fried frogs. (:

• 9 years later...

Наша группа квалифицированных мастеров завершена предоставить вам прогрессивные средства, которые не только обеспечат надежную протекцию от холодных воздействий, но и дарят вашему коттеджу изысканный вид.
Мы функционируем с новыми материалами, заверяя долгосрочный период работы и превосходные результаты. Изолирование фасада – это не только экономия энергии на отапливании, но и забота о природной среде. Экологичные технические средства, которые мы осуществляем, способствуют не только жилищу, но и поддержанию природы.
Самое главное: [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]Стоимость утепления стен домов[/url] у нас стартует всего от 1250 рублей за кв. м.! Это бюджетное решение, которое преобразит ваш домик в действительный приятный уголок с скромными тратами.
Наши достижения – это не лишь утепление, это формирование территории, в где каждый элемент показывает ваш собственный образ. Мы примем все все ваши просьбы, чтобы осуществить ваш дом еще еще больше дружелюбным и привлекательным.
Подробнее на [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]https://ppu-prof.ru/[/url]
Не откладывайте труды о своем жилище на потом! Обращайтесь к мастерам, и мы сделаем ваш корпус не только теплее, но и изысканнее. Заинтересовались? Подробнее о наших трудах вы можете узнать на веб-ресурсе. Добро пожаловать в мир благополучия и уровня.