#41 Revan

Revan

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Mood::Love
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

I love this!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!

Anytime. It is my credo; it is how I live. Feel free to share it and pass it along. So long as you credit God, not me.

Edited by Revan, 07 August 2011 - 02:49 AM.

Who I am is not important; only my message is.

Slytherin House

#42 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

Anytime. It is my credo; it is how I live. Feel free to share it and pass it along. So long as you credit God, not me.

Hahaha will do!! I am for sure going to save it!!! Did someone write that, say it? I mean, how did you come by it?

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#43 Revan

Revan

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Mood::Love
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hahaha will do!! I am for sure going to save it!!! Did someone write that, say it? I mean, how did you come by it?

I wrote it in a moment of inspiration.
Who I am is not important; only my message is.

Slytherin House

#44 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

I wrote it in a moment of inspiration.

I love it!!! I added it to my quote list to save!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#45 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

God once inspired me with a quaint little saying:

The one Zarathustra called Ahura Mazda, I follow.
The one Paul, John, and Peter called Jesus Christ, I follow.
The one Krishna called Brahman, I follow.
The one the American Indians called the Great Mystery, I follow.
The one Muhammad called Allah, I follow.
The one Moses called YHVH, I follow.
The One who named HIMSELF as I AM THAT I AM, I follow.
The Ultimate One that dwells throughout the entire universe, God, I follow, I worship, I love like I do no other.

I do believe that sums up your point.

That sums up my point quite nicely! And that is how I try to live my life as well...God is too big for one religion/one name. I love this quote so much!!
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#46 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

They are two totally different things. I may be atheist but I have faith. And I'm so sick of people saying just because we don't believe in someone/higher power doesn't mean we don't have faith. For me faith is the feeling and knowing something good can happen. Having faith things will get better. Having faith your loved ones will be okay. I have faith that things will get better. But I am not on my knees every night to feel it. It comes from me and me alone, not some higher power. Like mentioned earlier, religion is following a religion. Believing in a higher power.

My two cents for now. :rolleye:

Edited by Stan'sMommy, 29 September 2011 - 01:03 AM.

Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#47 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

They are two totally different things. I may be atheist but I have faith. And I'm so sick of people saying just because we don't believe in someone/higher power doesn't mean we don't have faith. For me faith is the feeling and knowing something good can happen. Having faith things will get better. Having faith your loved ones will be okay. I have faith that things will get better. But I am not on my knees every night to feel it. It comes from me and me alone, not some higher power. Like mentioned earlier, religion is following a religion. Believing in a higher power.

My two cents for now. :rolleye:

This is such fantastic input! I've mentioned before in other topics that if I were athiest, personally I'd give my own life meaning just as I have meaning now. It might not be to a higher power but I think a common misconception among religious people about athiests is that their life is meaningless. I don't think this is the case at all, and you have just proved it! Faith is definitely an important point of anything - religion or not. I think that religion is, a lot of the time, waiting for things to get better and having FAITH that God will come through for us. It becomes really complicated because of the God thing - a belief in a higher power isn't an easy thing to have (imo). Thank you for such a great and insightful post!
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#48 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Whilst I agree, that Faith and Religion are two separate issues. If I was an Atheist, where would my faith come from ? God moves in mysterious ways :P
E-sister - Madeline

#49 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

This is such fantastic input! I've mentioned before in other topics that if I were athiest, personally I'd give my own life meaning just as I have meaning now. It might not be to a higher power but I think a common misconception among religious people about athiests is that their life is meaningless. I don't think this is the case at all, and you have just proved it! Faith is definitely an important point of anything - religion or not. I think that religion is, a lot of the time, waiting for things to get better and having FAITH that God will come through for us. It becomes really complicated because of the God thing - a belief in a higher power isn't an easy thing to have (imo). Thank you for such a great and insightful post!

Haha, you're welcome!! Yes, faith comes from within and wanting to do something for YOU. You can be just as happy and have meaning in life as someone who follows a set religion. Isn't life all about having a job you enjoy, a place to call home, and for some, raising a happy family? Who says you have to be religious in order to do any of that? It's all about believing in yourself and imo, reaching to a higher power doesn't need to be done. I think sometimes people are afraid of life and have nowhere else to turn. I think there are some things you can't be afraid of or it will take over. I used to be afraid of death but with my faith that I will go onto my happy place one day, my own nirvana, is what makes me feel okay about it. I don't have to fear death because I don't fear I will be going to a hell. And that makes me happy indeed. :)
Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#50 kriahna

kriahna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hi All,

I believe in Hindu religion and like to worship Krishna idol . my personal option is that every religion is best and it's own place , so do not like to compare religion .

when we talk about religion and it faith Then we see there is lot of difference so i think both are two separate issues .

Hindu religion is third largest religion in world ,

me and my family like to go temple every day because we strongly believe in Hindu religion

Edited by kriahna, 03 December 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#51 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hi All,

I believe in Hindu religion and like to worship Krishna idol . my personal option is that every religion is best and it's own place , so do not like to compare religion .

when we talk about religion and it faith Then we see there is lot of difference so i think both are two separate issues .

Hindu religion is third largest religion in world ,

me and my family like to go temple every day because we strongly believe in Hindu religion

that's fantastic! and welcome, I don't think I've seen you around before. I just went to the diwali celebration at my school and I got to hear some hindu prayers which was fantastic. :) If you wish, you can post some general info about hinduism in the "learning about new religions" thread!
Posted Image
Ninja Crew! <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users