The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Even been on one? What do you like to do? Go to see the snow, concerts, etc? :D New Zealanders go on a lot of road trips, I think so anyway :P Lots to see, surrounded by friends, cheap too. What's to lose?

Provided I live in Texas. I've taken road trips to all part of this state and Oklahoma and Louisiana for various reasons. I've also taken road trips from here to Sacramento, CA; going through the southwest, Las Vegas, SoCal and up through San Fransisco. I've also done Miami, FL and New York, NY. To be honest, I get quite bored when on these road trips. West Texas is just brutal, It's like 300 miles of... nothing.

i went on a roadtrip couple years back, to the Central Coast with some my mates... 10 boys, one house, fridge full of booze and XBOX 360 cant get any better than that... one of the best times :P

i went on a roadtrip couple years back, to the Central Coast with some my mates... 10 boys, one house, fridge full of booze and XBOX 360 cant get any better than that... one of the best times :P

Other than the major *******fest, EPIC!

I'd like to ride Route 66 on my motorcycle. But I really only wanna see the old parts. Where it just becomes I-40, I have no interest in. I know some states have really worked at restoring some of the old Mother Road.

Rent yourself a Winnebago and set aside a whole year. hehe

This is true.

I knew this guy whose family hosted a German foreign exchange student in high school one summer. He said at the end of summer they asked the student if there's anything he wanted to do before he had to go back in a couple of days and he said "See the Grand Canyon." They were sorry to inform him that the Grand Canyon was a few states or about 1,000 miles (approx. 1,600 Kilometers) away.

I guess it's easy to underestimate the size of the U.S. when you don't realize that our country is almost as large as the entire continent of Europe. And it's for the most part inhabitable (save a few inhospitable terrains).

Edited by The Dude

This is true.

I knew this guy whose family hosted a German foreign exchange student in high school one summer. He said at the end of summer they asked the student if there's anything he wanted to do before he had to go back in a couple of days and he said "See the Grand Canyon." They were sorry to inform him that the Grand Canyon was a few states or about 1,000 miles (approx. 1,600 Kilometers) away.

I guess it's easy to underestimate the size of the U.S. when you don't realize that our country is almost as large as the entire continent of Europe. And it's for the most part inhabitable (save a few inhospitable terrains).

There's no doubt however that our land is quite beautiful. Northern Arizona (near Sedona) and along the Rocky Mountains are some of the best looking landscapes I've ever seen.

For the past 4 years I've gone on a month-long road trip every summer, just randomly. One along the coastline in south africa with 8 of my friends, another also with 8 friends along the coastline of mozambique, and two with my boyfriend around the desert and the west coastline.

Road trips are the best.

I went on a road trip with my middle sister. She was in the mid-East coast for a semester of studying (she brought her car with her from Florida) and drove up to New York to meet me and pick me up, to drive back down to Central Florida. The trip was about 1,200 miles (about 1,931 kilometres). That was in 2004.

Whether I would like to do it again is a question. I would fancy driving all the way to Key West, Florida. I reckon that'd be nice. ^_^

We left in the middle of the week, maybe a Wednesday or Thursday and got to Florida on a Friday. We had many breaks to fill up on gasoline. Our goal was to rent a room once we hit South Carolina. We wound up finding accomodations in the middle of North Carolina, as my sister had been driving for well over 8 hours.

The only thing is, Georgia and Florida are the toughest to drive through. Most of it is flat :mellow: . And I underestimated the size of Florida until we actually drove through it. It took 4 hours to make it to central Florida from the northern border (around Jacksonville). I've also been on the east and west coasts of Florida. Loved it. ^_^

In 2005, my brother and I road tripped to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. That was quite an event. lol. Spent a week vacation in a resort though. Those two vacations were probably the best ones I've had so far. :yesyes:

I've been planning on doing one since forever but the lack of license kind of gets in the way, haha.

If I end up going to school in Washington I can't wait to drive across the country and see stuff! It'll probably be really rushed though. But yeah, I plan on seeing a lot of stuff in the US before I go out of country. Or I could mix them together, doesn't really matter what order I go in. I just think that there are treasures in the US and I definitely plan on seeing them! :ohyeah:

If I end up going to school in Washington I can't wait to drive across the country and see stuff!

Totally off subject but this made me think of the Frasier where they went on a road trip and crossed into Canada while Daphne was asleep and when she awoke informed them that she wasn't able to leave the U.S. When asked if she could fake being an American the only thing she could say with a somewhat American accent was "sure". Funny stuff.