The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Disney company is a movie making group of geniuses! :D

Haven't been for about the last 15 years. Tangled is the first bona fide hit they've had in a while that is an actual Disney film. Most of their success over the past several years has been in distributing films for other studios such as Pixar and Jerry Bruckheimer and the like. Hannah Montana and High School Musical 3 are the only other truly Disney movies in recent memory that might be defined as box office hits.

Haven't been for about the last 15 years. Tangled is the first bona fide hit they've had in a while that is an actual Disney film. Most of their success over the past several years has been in distributing films for other studios such as Pixar and Jerry Bruckheimer and the like. Hannah Montana and High School Musical 3 are the only other truly Disney movies in recent memory that might be defined as box office hits.

Can't forget about Wall-E that was a pretty big one too. :P

I've seen Tangled three times now, thanks to working at a theatre :)

Awesome film, the best thing to come out of Disney in a long time, IMO, with its mixture of fairytale story and modern animation. Beautiful score too.

I watched The Princess and the Frog recently as well, but I can't say I was impressed. The animation was fine, and the story was ok but I was a little disappointed with the music. Does anyone know if Alan Menken was involved or not? There just seemed to be a lack of memorable songs.

I've seen it three times too and it's now that I realize exactly how much I love this movie. :) It's so ridiculously good and perfect in every way. I can't find a flaw! I just keep counting up all the reasons this is one of the best movies ever and definitely in top 5 movies by Disney.

:ohyeah: Tarzan is so amazing and the music is to die for. Probably the Disney soundtrack I've most listened to...

I didn't get Wall-E anyway. WTH was up with that disturbing movie? It wasn't even 'cute.' :rolleye0012:

Oh baby I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that :sob: Wall-E is like the most adorable movie ever! It's genius and brilliant in every possible way.

Has anyone else seen 'Black Cauldron'' its an old one, but completely slipped my radar. It's very good. My boyfriends brother works at the Disney store and went overboard with the buy one get one free's and his discount so he bought my little boy it randomly, along with up.

Nah sorry Wall-E was just pointless for me. xD Like CARS and some other movies. >.<

Kim I love that Tarzan video! :tongue0020:

^I agree Tangled was very underrated!

Nah sorry Wall-E was just pointless for me. xD Like CARS and some other movies. >.<

Kim I love that Tarzan video! :tongue0020:

^I agree Tangled was very underrated!

I thought Wall-E was very well made but the story didn't enthrall me. I know Cars was pretty much panned by everyone but it's one of my favorite Pixar movies.

It's really about what movies speak to you. Like Hot Tub Time Machine got bad reviews but that movie speaks to me. I've seen it so many times. The character that the guy from The Office plays is me...more or less.

I've not seen tangled yet, I want to though... Sucks with Mack not being old enough to take to the cinema yet.

You totally need to rent Tangled or stream it or watch it on demand or whatever.

I've not seen tangled yet, I want to though... Sucks with Mack not being old enough to take to the cinema yet.

It's well worth the watch, I'm sure Mack will love it!

Has anyone else seen 'Black Cauldron'' its an old one, but completely slipped my radar. It's very good. My boyfriends brother works at the Disney store and went overboard with the buy one get one free's and his discount so he bought my little boy it randomly, along with up.

I know the movie but I haven't seen it... Have considered watching but never gotten around to it. :unsure:

Tangled is really underrated. It really deserved more press than it got. Really good movie.

AGREED!

Get it ASAP, and it's so worth getting on DVD, you won't regret it :)

I...haven't seen Tangled either. From what you guys are saying maybe I should :lol:

Nor have I. Looking forward to seeing it!

What are you waiting for?! Go enjoy this masterpiece :D

watched Tangled lol... been watchin it for three times now hahahahahahahaha

Haha and it only gets better if you ask me. :)

• 4 weeks later...

whenever I'm down about something, I watch the older disney films and that always makes me feel better. I would have to say that my favorite disney film without a doubt would be The Lion King

Beauty and the Beast hands down, i watched it as a child and loved it and now i have it on DVD for me and my daughter to watch together. We also have tangled. I love nothing better than cuddling with Khloe and watching a disney movie.