The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Disney, not the crap that is on Disney channel. I grew up watching the movies all the time. I can't really say I have a favorite, I love so many! Lion King (1 & 2), Mulan, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Cars, Alice in Wonderland, Up, Pocahontas, Pirates of the Caribbean, Hocus Pocus, Jungle Book, The Incredibles, Lilo & Stitch, Wall-E, The Princess and the Frog... the list goes on. My kids are going to grow up on the movies that I grew up with, not Disney channel, Disney movies, old and new.

yea like the Pixar movies not like disney I See what your meaning I love all those movies there amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen the new high quality DVD of Beauty and the Beast? I bought it a few days ago, it goes oh so much louder than my old tape :P <3 Love it :excited:

And hey, noone's mentioned Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs :o

Edited by padfoot

The Lion King is an absolute classic and is my all time favourite Disney movie.

It is the first movie I can remember seeing as a kid at the cinema, I was 10 and probably went the cinema before that but it is the Lion King that really sticks in my mind.

Brilliant sountrack too. I'd love to see the musical.

The Lion King is an absolute classic and is my all time favourite Disney movie.

It is the first movie I can remember seeing as a kid at the cinema, I was 10 and probably went the cinema before that but it is the Lion King that really sticks in my mind.

Brilliant sountrack too. I'd love to see the musical.

The Broadway play is so amazing (: My sister and I went to it :)

I also love finding nemo

• 3 weeks later...

I love Pocahontas too, it's one of my favourite movies and maybe my fav Disney princess! :) And fav Disney villain, well, I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee Hades from the movie Hercules. He is sooo funny and epic and totally cool.

Absolutely agree. Freakin adore Hercules-- especially Hades.

[Pegasus blows the flames off Hades' head]

Hades: Whoa. Is my hair out?

I die. Every time.

Another of my favourites is post the Disney renaissance (which I think is the same as what The Dude referred to as the golden age of Disney)-- The Emperor's New Groove. Kronnnkkk is amazing.

I really want to go watch Tangled when it comes out here. Looks fantastic.

Yeah you should watch it. What I liked most about it is that the protagonists aren't exactly perfect, you know, they're more human.

I love all classic Disney animation. They're 'real life' movies and computer animation is a bit hit and miss, particularly nowadays, but overall I love it.

Of the oldies, The Lion King, Mulan, Hercules and Pocohontas are probably my favourites. And The Black Cauldron too. I never even realised that was Disney until about a year ago, but I've always loved that film. One of the scariest Disney movies ever, IMO.

I love all classic Disney animation. They're 'real life' movies and computer animation is a bit hit and miss, particularly nowadays, but overall I love it.

Of the oldies, The Lion King, Mulan, Hercules and Pocohontas are probably my favourites. And The Black Cauldron too. I never even realised that was Disney until about a year ago, but I've always loved that film. One of the scariest Disney movies ever, IMO.

Yeah I miss it too. (:

No words can describe old Disney, nothing in the world compares to the movies, AND the music. Oh my god, the original scores? Best music ever. They still bring tears in my eyes, I can still watch those movies and relate to them.

I'm really so sorry for the 00s kids. They missed out on so much.

Amen!

I adore Disney. I want to buy some posters (but it's difficult to find decent ones/any at all here) for my bedroom :P

Me too! I'd kill for any Disney poster really. Lucky 4-year old me had a HUGE Little Mermaid poster, but it's been torn through the years and doubt it still exists...

Disney is my world, I absolutely adore Disney! All the classic movies and a lot of Pixar stuff rock. I collect the movies and buy them as they are released. :D Haven't got Snow White or Sleeping Beauty yet though, sort of waiting because they aren't really my favorites. Also I'll never buy Dumbo or Pinocchio.

From Pixar I got to say Wall-E and Up were just amazing. :king:

The Little Mermaid is definitely the best one ever! Closing up with lots of other. :)

Amen!

Me too! I'd kill for any Disney poster really. Lucky 4-year old me had a HUGE Little Mermaid poster, but it's been torn through the years and doubt it still exists...

Disney is my world, I absolutely adore Disney! All the classic movies and a lot of Pixar stuff rock. I collect the movies and buy them as they are released. :D Haven't got Snow White or Sleeping Beauty yet though, sort of waiting because they aren't really my favorites. Also I'll never buy Dumbo or Pinocchio.

From Pixar I got to say Wall-E and Up were just amazing. :king:

The Little Mermaid is definitely the best one ever! Closing up with lots of other. :)

'Nor me. No doubt about it.

Just curious. Why do you guys not like these movies?

Well speaking for myself here... I just don't like the movies or the message that's put forth. Dumbo is better than Pinocchio but it is still way too "scary" for me to enjoy. Like when the kids are EVIL towards the elephants, and the ridiculously sad scene where Dumbo's mom is put in a cage and Dumbo cries (jeez I feel teared up just thinking about it). And the disgusting clowns! And the dream... ugh.

In Pinocchio it's more the message. The mean kids are changed into donkeys and that whole part really. Just not my kind of movie. :blush:

But 98% of the classics are pure genius so I'm enjoying those! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Tangled again today! How epic is that movie?!

I haven't seen it yet!! :sob: It comes out on friday next week so I'll definitely be there premiere night... so excited, I've been waiting to see it for years literally, ever since I first heard about the project!

My all-time fav Disney movie is The Lion King. Watched it and Timon and Pumbaa religiously as a kid. Timon is my fav Disney character. I LOVE that little thing!!! :D

I also love-

Lilo and Stitch, sweet, sad, and beyond adorable! Great songs too.

Hunchback of Notre Dame- unlike any other film. Not classic guy-gets-girl story. Fantastic music and animation. I never felt so bad for the protagonist so quickly, and even feel for Frollo! In the end, he was trying to do the right thing.

Pocahontas- classic. Great music and story. Love Meeko!!

Emperor's New Groove- the funniest of Disney!! So random. I love it!!

All 3 Toy Stories.

Aladdin- again, all-around greatness. :)

Oliver and Company- if Disney can make dogs cool, they've done their job. Oliver was too cute!

All I can think of atm. :)

Edited by Harry.Stan.luv.