• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

My sister just accepted an internshp with the Belgium Parliment (1 of 6 people chosen in the world!) and will be living there for a few months. So me and the rest of my family are planning to go visit her, mostly to have a good excuse to go. Anyway, does anyone know a good place to visit and what we can do there?

#2 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

if you're intersted in history you could go to the famous WW1 battlefields at Ypres...

#3 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

if you're intersted in history you could go to the famous WW1 battlefields at Ypres...

I'd definitely agree with this, I went there on a school trip a few years ago. There's so much to see, and seeing the graveyards is certainly a chilling experience, but something I feel everyone should do. Ypres itself is a very nice town, hard to believe that it was complete ruins 90 years ago.

I would also go to Brussels as well, and try some of the chocolate they have there!

#4 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'd definitely agree with this, I went there on a school trip a few years ago. There's so much to see, and seeing the graveyards is certainly a chilling experience, but something I feel everyone should do. Ypres itself is a very nice town, hard to believe that it was complete ruins 90 years ago.

im going to Ypres next year with school..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users