The Emma-Watson.net Forum

So, Angels...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What's an Angel?

An angel is a messenger of God. Angels are personal spiritual beings who have intelligence, emotions, and will. Because they're created beings, their knowledge is limited. They do seem to have greater knowledge than humans, however, which may be due to three things. First, angels were created as an order of creatures higher than humans. Therefore, they innately possess greater knowledge. Second, angels study the Bible and the world more thoroughly than humans do and gain knowledge from it. Third, angels gain knowledge through long observation of human activities.

What the angels look like?

They are spirit beings, ergo they don't have any essential physical form. However, angels have the ability to take on human form or something else.

Are angels male or female?

Since they're spirit beings, they're not neither females nor males. But, in the Bible, they appear in male human form.

Who is Satan?

Satan was created as a holy angel, a cherubim, the highest created angel. He became arrogant in his beauty and status and decided he wanted to sit on a throne above that of God. Because of his sin, God barred Satan from heaven. Satan became the ruler of this world and the prince of the power of the air. Satan is the ultimate source behind every false cult and world religion. Satan will do anything and everything in his power to oppose God and those who follow God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about angels? ;O

Oh goodness. Where do I start? I don't even know what I think about angels. I would like to believe in them, especially their presence on earth, but I just don't know. I believe that they are probably definitely in heaven but I'm not sure if I believe in guardian angels or angels that come to take people's spirits away when they die.

I read a book a couple years ago called "Angels in My Hair" and it was about a woman who had had interactions with angels from her birth. It was fascinating, actually. But I'm just not sure about what I believe :/

but I'm not sure if I believe in guardian angels

I believe in Angels. I also believe they're around us and they protect us anyhow. Can't prove their existence. Can't prove how they can "protect" us exactly. Can't feel them as well lol. Religion says that we all have one guardian angel when we baptize. That's why the mystery of the baptize is one of the most important ones.

or angels that come to take people's spirits away when they die.

Now let me tell you this. I've been close to dying people 4 times so far. I've been noticing them for more than months. The two of them i was with them two days before they died. Including their final minute. What i've noticed is that they all look straight up in the wall. I asked them if they see something. They always say "yes". But never told me what they saw. I also tried standing in front of her (my grandmother) and she kep leaning towards the side, looking at the wall again. The last day she kept calling me Vasiliki (her mother's name) instead of Dina. And my dad was all like "mother that's your grandaughter, not Vasiliki." And then she wouldn't talk. Same happened with all 4 of them. They just kept looking in awe. They seemed lost. For months. Really this is no joke. So to answer your statement, I don't know if they were looking at angels, or their dead siblings that have come to take their spirits away, or any other entity, but apparently they saw something, we couldn't see.

Edited by something better

Now let me tell you this. I've been close to dying people 4 times so far. I've been noticing them for more than months. The two of them i was with them two days before they died. Including their final minute. What i've noticed is that they all look straight up in the wall. I asked them if they see something. They always say "yes". But never told me what they saw. I also tried standing in front of her (my grandmother) and she kep leaning towards the side, looking at the wall again. The last day she kept calling me Vasiliki (her mother's name) instead of Dina. And my dad was all like "mother that's your grandaughter, not Vasiliki." And then she wouldn't talk. Same happened with all 4 of them. They just kept looking in awe. They seemed lost. For months. Really this is no joke. So to answer your statement, I don't know if they were looking at angels, or their dead siblings that have come to take their spirits away, or any other entity, but apparently they saw something, we couldn't see.

That's really interesting! I think there is definitely another side - I don't know, I just can't imagine there is nothing going on. I believe in ghosts and stuff, and I think people limit themselves when they say "it's just us on the earth". Maybe so, but honestly...I don't know. There just seems to be something else going on and there is definitely stuff we can't explain.

Angles is a huge debate in Judaism. Many believe they do exist but many don't. The mainstream view is that angels are spiritual beings. They are a part of G-D. Sort of like, G-Ds hand. If need be, G-d sends his hand down to Earth. Only then do angels become physical beings. We don't believe that angels come down anymore, as to why.... That is a long explanation that requires a lot of historical knowledge. In other words, if you are curious... Pm because it's a crazy long explanation lol. We do have garfish angels, but they are three specific angels. We don't believe that when people die they become angels.

The reason many Jews don't believe in angels is because they don't classify these messengers as angels. Meaning, they say it is all from G-D and to say that there are angles... Is to worship a second G-D. If that makes sense.... I can't explain it lol

• 3 months later...

Angles is a huge debate in Judaism. Many believe they do exist but many don't. The mainstream view is that angels are spiritual beings. They are a part of G-D. Sort of like, G-Ds hand. If need be, G-d sends his hand down to Earth. Only then do angels become physical beings. We don't believe that angels come down anymore, as to why.... That is a long explanation that requires a lot of historical knowledge. In other words, if you are curious... Pm because it's a crazy long explanation lol. We do have garfish angels, but they are three specific angels. We don't believe that when people die they become angels.

The reason many Jews don't believe in angels is because they don't classify these messengers as angels. Meaning, they say it is all from G-D and to say that there are angles... Is to worship a second G-D. If that makes sense.... I can't explain it lol

Angels are merely servants of G-D's will, an extension of God. It is no different than the Ruach Elohim; merely another component of Him.

~Revan

Angels are merely servants of G-D's will, an extension of God. It is no different than the Ruach Elohim; merely another component of Him.

~Revan

Correct. But, not everyone understands that point so well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe that Angels were created by God. Angels to me are people who have died and have moved up the spiritual ranks. They wield more power to bring you peace and to look after you when your guides aren't enough or the spirits you have around you. I don't know what else to say.

I don't believe in Satan but I do believe in evil spirits who do harmful things. Just as there are evil people in life I believe that those evil people become demons in death. They are the dangerous souls and that's where the angels come in to take care of you. Yes, I know I sound totally nuts atm. @___@;;; Then again, this is all coming from a dude who cast spells and does rituals.

Oh goodness. Where do I start? I don't even know what I think about angels. I would like to believe in them, especially their presence on earth, but I just don't know. I believe that they are probably definitely in heaven but I'm not sure if I believe in guardian angels or angels that come to take people's spirits away when they die.

I'm not sure why I was drawn to your post. The term guardian angel could be used in such a wide variety of ways. My belief is that each person is born with 3 different guides. They are with you from the time you are born to the time you die. They take you to the next world and protect you in life. They don't have wings or any of that. They are just normal people who may or may not be related to you. Some times if you really like some era of time, you have to read about it and you just have to learn as much as you can about it, I think that is their influence over you. As for me, I believe I have 2 people connected to slavery in the US so I am very drawn to that period of time. *shrug*

I don't want to push anything on anyone. This is just my belief on that and I wanted to share it with you.

I don't believe that Angels were created by God. Angels to me are people who have died and have moved up the spiritual ranks. They wield more power to bring you peace and to look after you when your guides aren't enough or the spirits you have around you. I don't know what else to say.

I don't believe in Satan but I do believe in evil spirits who do harmful things. Just as there are evil people in life I believe that those evil people become demons in death. They are the dangerous souls and that's where the angels come in to take care of you. Yes, I know I sound totally nuts atm. @___@;;; Then again, this is all coming from a dude who cast spells and does rituals.

I'm not sure why I was drawn to your post. The term guardian angel could be used in such a wide variety of ways. My belief is that each person is born with 3 different guides. They are with you from the time you are born to the time you die. They take you to the next world and protect you in life. They don't have wings or any of that. They are just normal people who may or may not be related to you. Some times if you really like some era of time, you have to read about it and you just have to learn as much as you can about it, I think that is their influence over you. As for me, I believe I have 2 people connected to slavery in the US so I am very drawn to that period of time. *shrug*

I don't want to push anything on anyone. This is just my belief on that and I wanted to share it with you.

I like your thinking about angels, and no i don't think you're crazy for performing rituals lol. When you think about it, every religion has their own ritual, in the catholic church it's the breaking of the bread and the whole section of the mass, the "liturgy of the eucharist". Anyway, evil people becoming evil spirits....yeah, I see that. If I have a "guide" in life, I think it would either be something from the hispanic culture or native american culture because that is very interesting to me! That would be an interesting thing to consider; what everyone's "guide" in life might be.

If people feel comfortable, I'd like to get some discussion about that going.

I like your thinking about angels, and no i don't think you're crazy for performing rituals lol. When you think about it, every religion has their own ritual, in the catholic church it's the breaking of the bread and the whole section of the mass, the "liturgy of the eucharist". Anyway, evil people becoming evil spirits....yeah, I see that. If I have a "guide" in life, I think it would either be something from the hispanic culture or native american culture because that is very interesting to me! That would be an interesting thing to consider; what everyone's "guide" in life might be.

If people feel comfortable, I'd like to get some discussion about that going.

Thank you for that! Sometimes I say that the Catholic Church has rituals and people get offended. :( I don't say it in a bad way but ya know, they do. Witches, Warlocks, Druids, Shaman (Native American), Catholics, Santeros (Santeria), Houngans (Voodoo) and Mambos (Voodoo) all practice ritual. I think it's a vital part to our beliefs. ^_^ I know there's more I'm sure of it but that's off the top of my head. There are so many religions and just studying them all is really interesting.

Maybe you have someone who is Hispanic and someone who is Native American with you. What from the Hispanic culture do you enjoy? I'm Cuban so this is kinda interesting for me to know. :)

Edited by wunderbar

Thank you for that! Sometimes I say that the Catholic Church has rituals and people get offended. :( I don't say it in a bad way but ya know, they do. Witches, Warlocks, Druids, Shaman (Native American), Catholics, Santeros (Santeria), Houngans (Voodoo) and Mambos (Voodoo) all practice ritual. I think it's a vital part to our beliefs. ^_^ I know there's more I'm sure of it but that's off the top of my head. There are so many religions and just studying them all is really interesting.

Maybe you have someone who is Hispanic and someone who is Native American with you. What from the Hispanic culture do you enjoy? I'm Cuban so this is kinda interesting for me to know. :)

I think the evolution from paganism to catholicism is suuuuper interesting, like how the catholic liturgical calendar corresponds to the wiccan wheel of the year, and how christian holidays actually have a TON of pagan influcence. From what I've heard and read, christmas (yule) and easter and halloween etc etc were all pagan days but the catholic church renamed them and gave them a different spin. I'd love to hear from another Catholic about this! I like reading about Wicca as well, I think it's a very peaceable religion.

I'll post a comment about the hispanic culture thing on your profile. I want to keep it as focused on the topic as possible :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the evolution from paganism to catholicism is suuuuper interesting, like how the catholic liturgical calendar corresponds to the wiccan wheel of the year, and how christian holidays actually have a TON of pagan influcence. From what I've heard and read, christmas (yule) and easter and halloween etc etc were all pagan days but the catholic church renamed them and gave them a different spin. I'd love to hear from another Catholic about this! I like reading about Wicca as well, I think it's a very peaceable religion.

I'll post a comment about the hispanic culture thing on your profile. I want to keep it as focused on the topic as possible :)

Sorry I'm very late at this.

Yes, most of Christianity (even some of the Bible) was taken from Paganism. There is also a hint of Greek Myths in it as well but the Church denies any of this while archaeological digs and documents prove other wise. ;)

The Yule Tree was ours but the Catholics took it for the "birth of Christ" which was really the Pagan 'holiday' for the beginning of Winter. Christianity's December 25th is our December 21st in which we do a ritual. Actually, Karen, if you like, I can PM you anything you would like to know. I used to study theology. :)

• 1 month later...

I believe in angels, I think. But they aren't the angels we usually think about. More like faceless spiritual beings. I know I read somewhere that's what they are really like and not messengers. I haven't thought about it in a while so need to refresh my memory. But what I do believe in is not what is generally displayed in society. I'll come back when I know more of what I'm trying to say :P

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's interesting that even thought you don't believe in a deity, you believe in "angels". I don't think they are messengers either. They protect us from the demonic (and I use the term not really in the Catholic sense). When I say angelic and demonic, what I mean is positive energies and negative ones.

People are good or bad in life and I don't see how that changes in death.