The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Very Scared :(

i'm not sure where to post this so i'm posting it here.

I just wanted to let you guys know that i probably won't be on here for i don't even know how long.

I've struggled with Depression and Self Injury for a very long time, some of you might remember me asking for advice several times in the old forum. Last night I broke down after cutting my wrists. I was balling my eyes out. I told my mom how I was feeling inside and that I was in so much pain and I don't know what to do. We discussed it and we've decided that an inpatient therapy might be the best thing for me. so basically i might not be here for a while because I'll be in a hospital.

i'm extremely scared but i know this is what i have to do. :(

i don't exactly know what the point of this is except to vent. maybe i'm asking for support, i don't know :( i'm just scared :(

^ Hey hun, I've just come across this on my cycling break. I'm sorry that you're going through this depression. Depression is an extremely tough thing to battle and struggle with and surmount. I had no clue you self-injured. I'm so sorry. :sob: It makes me sort of hurt to read that.

First, I'm not sure where this thread should go either. I'm sure someone will find a spot for it.

I had very self-destructive habits when I went through depression, but I never self-injured so I cannot imagine the consequences, repercussions, and pain as a result of doing so. If it has gotten to the point where what you're doing is life-threatening or you're breaking down completely, then you know you need aid and support to get through this and past your depression.

Setting up a support system has to be the most imperative factor in combating self-harm. I don't know you very much, and I wish I did, but telling your mother about your feelings is one step towards this goal. If you have both decided that inpatient therapy is the best and safest route to go for you, then do your research. Researching proper inpatient residences is extremely important as well.

If money is a factor to your level of treatment, have your mother research or research on your own health programs in your state, or apply to have a partial of the treatment to be paid through a charity care initiative. You have to start from somewhere, and what you're doing now is a great beginning. Treat it as a new chapter or a clean slate for yourself, where your past does not and will no longer and will never define who you are NOW or who you will be in the future.

I can understand how scared you are right now. I was at this point two years ago. I was engulfed with this Fear that nothing will ever turn out okay, of course how could it be if it had gotten this bad? Hun, the thing you have to know is that no matter how bad it gets and no matter how depressed you feel, there's an even greater chance and opportunity to climb out of this hole. Remember, you had to crawl before you could walk and you had to walk before you could run.

I wish you the best of luck, Ashley. I do sincerely hope things get better for you. I'm here for you, and I'm sure others are or will be as well. Please keep in touch somehow when you can and update me on your progress.

<3333333.

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Edited by Lena

Well it's hard to say anything that doesn't sound somehow hollow and meaningless.

But just saying nothing feels wrong too.

You have come to a place most people never see.

Hope you'll pull through.

thank you very much <3

i definitely feel like i have a support system right now.

my two best friends, my mother, and my internet friends as well. once my church finds out, which i'm sure they will, i know i'll have their support as well.

We're going to sit down and talk to my therapist today so we'll see how everything goes.

thank you again <3

and i will try my hardest to keep you and everyone else who wants to know, updated.

I've been dealing with panic disorder for years and been depressed too. I've never been taken to a hospital but I've been seeing a therapist for years. And it's really helped me a lot.

I know that 'breaking' what you talk about and yes, it is really scary. But you are going to the right direction.

Best of luck to you! Come here to tell how you are doing when you can. (: Hugs! ♥

I'm sorry you're scared but I'm glad you're seeking help. I can understand you're used to and comfortable with your depression and self injury. Getting help and making a change is scary.

I'm glad you gave us a heads up on what's going on and where you'll be. We'll be praying for you and thinking about you.

Come back when you can but no hurry - get better.

Edited by The Dude

I wish you all the best for your recovery, it is a big step to get help and you can already be proud of that! Lots of luck, I sincerely hope you will feel better and healthier very soon

I thought I would find a quote for you and I did find one from a poet that I think you should see:

"No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning."

It's good that you're willing to seek help for yourself. I'm sorry that you're in the position you're in right now but I hope that you'll pull through. I've been in your shoes before and it's not easy. Please know that along with your friends and family, your friends here on the forum are here to support you! I really hope that things will get better for you. Be strong Ashley! We'll be waiting for you when you get back.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Aw sweetheart! It's so sad you are going through this hard time, I've been there myself so I sort of know the feeling. I sincerely hope therapy and treatment will help you get better! As everyone else said, keep us updated when you can. I can't have you disappear from the forum from one day to the other. I'd worry!

:3m_sie:

Edited by Mrs Duck

i'm not sure where to post this so i'm posting it here.

I just wanted to let you guys know that i probably won't be on here for i don't even know how long.

I've struggled with Depression and Self Injury for a very long time, some of you might remember me asking for advice several times in the old forum. Last night I broke down after cutting my wrists. I was balling my eyes out. I told my mom how I was feeling inside and that I was in so much pain and I don't know what to do. We discussed it and we've decided that an inpatient therapy might be the best thing for me. so basically i might not be here for a while because I'll be in a hospital.

i'm extremely scared but i know this is what i have to do. :(

i don't exactly know what the point of this is except to vent. maybe i'm asking for support, i don't know :( i'm just scared :(

Everyone says they know what your going through, but they really don't. As for me. I've been in this situation and worse. Nearly killed myself with 80% chance of dying and i'm still in that state now. Depression don't go away and as much as people say councellers will help all they do is find the source of your depression. You need to get over on yourself. I have even said I was leaving here twice, speshually when people here turned on me, but couldn't leave my 2 friends here that I had.

It is okay to be scared, and it is okay to cry. I will not judge you or put it past you. But I will tell you not to be scared. In the end stay strong and you'll get through it. I will save you the everything will be fine speech, because when people tell me that, I feel like punching them in the face, it's so intimidating. :P

I'm sorry to hear this, I have loved seeing your posts around. I hope you get better soon.

Everyone says they know what your going through, but they really don't. As for me. I've been in this situation and worse. Nearly killed myself with 80% chance of dying and i'm still in that state now. Depression don't go away and as much as people say councellers will help all they do is find the source of your depression. You need to get over on yourself. I have even said I was leaving here twice, speshually when people here turned on me, but couldn't leave my 2 friends here that I had.

It is okay to be scared, and it is okay to cry. I will not judge you or put it past you. But I will tell you not to be scared. In the end stay strong and you'll get through it. I will save you the everything will be fine speech, because when people tell me that, I feel like punching them in the face, it's so intimidating. :P

I'm sorry to hear this, I have loved seeing your posts around. I hope you get better soon.

I was an inpatient at a clinic back in 07-08. If it wasn't for my best friend and the support of my circle, I wouldn't be here today. Did the treatments there, saw a bunch of shrinks, temporarily prescribed uppers It definitely sucked but I got better over the years. I'll be honest saying that I have no idea what is causing all this for you but again please know that things will get better.

hey guys. i'm back.

i'm not sure if this place really helped me much though.

i guess we'll see though. i did learn alot though, which is good.

i dont know really what else to say but i thank you guys so much for your support <3

hey guys. i'm back.

i'm not sure if this place really helped me much though.

i guess we'll see though. i did learn alot though, which is good.

i dont know really what else to say but i thank you guys so much for your support <3

We all stick together here on the forum. Our support will always be here for you. <3

thank you both <3

ill still be continuing intensively therapy but as outpatient.

i oddly miss the hospital though, nothing to tempt you to cut.

at home i've had ridiculous urges