The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson will be transferring schools?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b237891_true_false_did_emma_watson_get_bullied.html

Based on E!Online's report, Emma's rep clearly denied "Bullied" rumor.

Watson's rep confirmed as much to E! News, saying, "There is absolutely no truth in this rumor whatsoever."

But they revealed another quite big news.

However, it turns out there is truth to another rumor—specifically, the one about Emma leaving Brown altogether. While the actress announced last month that she would be holding off on continuing her education while she finished up some films, it turns out, she's only holding off on continuing her education at Brown, and, per her rep, will be transferring schools.

But not because of bullying!

"Emma has enjoyed her time at Brown tremendously and made many friends there who she keeps in constant contact with. She has now decided to change university, but not for the bullying, as that is just completely untrue. She has just decided to continue with a different course. But, for reasons of security I am not prepared to divulge which university she will be attending."

Though Emma's rep didn't say which uni Emma will be transfering to, E!Online guess she will move to NYC. Thus there's NYU or Columbia.

I remember there were some tweets said she toured at NYU back in February. So I'm inclined to believe it personally. Whatever, we will wait Emma's own confirmation.

Edited by shiningmoment

I'll wait to hear it from Emma herself. She has apparently toured NYU recently but she didn't mention transferring when asked about why she took a break from school.

Got a text from E! News this morning about this! Aaahhhhh!!!

LOL when I first read this report, I thought that you may will be very happy about it. Hope you're lucky to meet Emma if she does tranfer to NYU :lol:

she'll be in same city as Dan, maybe she can stay at his placeI don't want her to stay in the dorms besides he owns a condo there maybe she can buy one there too

I think Dan will be back to UK when his play ends, won't he? Emma will move to NY this fall if the report is true so I don't think they will stay in the same palce for a long time.

Personally I think she will buy or lease an apartment herself if she does move to NY. Staying in dorms is not convenient since her main purpose is getting more flexible schedules.

LOL when I first read this report, I thought that you may will be very happy about it. Hope you're lucky to meet Emma if she does tranfer to NYU :lol:

I think Dan will be back to UK when his play ends, won't he? Emma will move to NY this fall if the report is true so I don't think they will stay in the same palce for a long time.

Personally I think she will buy or lease an apartment herself if she does move to NY. Staying in dorms is not convenient since her main purpose is getting more flexible schedules.

maybe she can stay in Dan's condo when he is back in UK that way she doesn't need to buy or rent a condo

I'll wait to hear it from Emma herself. She has apparently toured NYU recently but she didn't mention transferring when asked about why she took a break from school.

A-Men, It can't be guaranteed yet. (:

Washiongton Post also reported.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/potter-star-emma-watson-to-transfer-from-brown-to-another-college-_-denies-reports-of-bullying/2011/04/23/AFXLGyUE_story.html

LONDON — A spokeswoman for Harry Potter star Emma Watson says she will be transferring from Brown University to another university in the autumn.

Vanessa Davies denied reports that the 21-year-old actress was “bullied out†of the Rhode Island university, saying there was no truth in reports by a number of online publications who cited classmates and “insidersâ€.Davies said Saturday that Watson, who plays Hermione in the wizard movie series, has decided to pursue a different course not offered at Brown.

She added that the star “has absolutely loved her time at Brown†and made many good friends there.

Vanessa is Emma's rep. Washiongton Post is one of the most credible newspaper in US. I don't think they will intentionally lie to readers.

Being a resident in the DC area, yes have to agree it is very reputable-interesting that they posted that in the Post! Anyway good luck and success to Emma wherever she attends :) We know she will succeed in everything!!

Does anyone know what majors are not offered at Brown? I can find lists of their majors, but not of their not-majors. Bwahaha. I know Emma was interested in English, History, and Environmental Sciences, but Brown has all of those. Do you suppose she's considering film? Maybe even fashion or fashion journalism?

She may consider film or fashion as her new major IMO.

I think the reason of transferring is more about flexibility. Read from somewhere that NYU provides more flexible classes comparing to Ivy League schools so maybe she's considering it.

Edited by shiningmoment

Washiongton Post also reported.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/potter-star-emma-watson-to-transfer-from-brown-to-another-college-_-denies-reports-of-bullying/2011/04/23/AFXLGyUE_story.html

Vanessa is Emma's rep. Washiongton Post is one of the most credible newspaper in US. I don't think they will intentionally lie to readers.

She may consider film or fashion as her new major IMO.

I think the reason of transferring is more about flexibility. Read from somewhere that NYU provides more flexible classes comparing to Ivy League schools so maybe she's considering it.

It seems likely that it's true that Emma is transferring. But, as always, I am still going to wait for Emma herself to mention it before I consider it "official". But if she is transferring, I agree that it is most likely in order to make it easier to handle her schedule so she will be able to continue pursuing her degree while being able to focus on her career. I do think it's unfortunate that she couldn't continue attending Brown as she seemed to love it there. I hope that she enjoys wherever she goes next either as much or even more so that she can continue enjoying her college experience.

• 2 months later...

To make this clear. Next year Emma is going back to school and finish her last year at Brown, then she is going to Oxford and go on school there a couple of years.

No, she is going to Oxford this autumn for a year, and then will return to Brown for her final year.

No, she is going to Oxford this autumn for a year, and then will return to Brown for her final year.

I don't know. What I heard did she say in an interview for a some days ago. Maybe you have right, but I remembered she said that this year she only wants to finish with the acting, then the next couple of years do school. How many years she did not say in the interview.