The Emma-Watson.net Forum

of course, we will pray!! :)

also, please pray for me letting go of fear as well! I also pray to realize that my past does not control my future and I can't base my experiences now off of what happened in the past!

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!

I'm giving you a book to read about that stuff. When I get a copy xD, I'm reading a borrowed copy now.

I will be praying for you.

---

Please pray for my church, for the following weeks....that we reach larger, positive success in the mission we are working in. xoxo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pray for me; I will be having surgery on Friday. I'm very calm about it. I had a GREAT ten-minute prayer session yesterday in the sanctuary of my church. It kind of changed my anxiety over it...since it will be my first surgery (I've ever had).

---

Also, please pray for those men and women (boys and girls) who are dealing with difficult pasts and pray that they recover and heal as they pick up their pieces of the fragmented and broken traumas that have occured, so that they may make sense of it in such a way that these people may grow far beyond (positively) their capacities to forgive and love than anyone ever expects.

They choose, largely, to keep their stories secret from the world because of stigmatism in our culture, but God (universe, etc.) has a very high spot for them in this life and on this Earth and loves them all the same. You never know what someone has dealt with by looking at them.

This past month, alone, I've had four people come up to me and talk to me about their traumas. This past year, a total of seven people.

I pray I can be a source of guiding light for these people by example when I can't bear to listen. All I want to do for these people is hug them for a really long time (if they allow) and tell them they are SO strong. I love them all and hope to be an example of open-mindedness, acceptance, empowerment, to show the same Love that God gives to all of us.

Xoxoxoxo.

Tonight and tomorrow is Holocaust Remembrance day. Everyone should keep in mind the millions lost and how it still effects us today. As well as all the hatred that is still in the world and how we can stop it.

Definitely...ironic we are reading in my small reading groups we are reading about a Jewish family trying to escape before the Nazis arrive in their village. My grandmother lost friends in her village when the Nazis came >:( most horrid event in history no question.

Definitely...ironic we are reading in my small reading groups we are reading about a Jewish family trying to escape before the Nazis arrive in their village. My grandmother lost friends in her village when the Nazis came >:( most horrid event in history no question.

Agreed. All 4 of my grandparents were survivors. So this is something I think about all the time. I'm Jewish as well. Makes me wonder were I would be if this never happened.

Agreed. All 4 of my grandparents were survivors. So this is something I think about all the time. I'm Jewish as well. Makes me wonder were I would be if this never happened.

I walked the Holocaust Memorial (?) Towers in Boston last weekend with my sister and I felt sooo idk. Soo sad, horrible, and mad when I finished.

There's a quote at the end of it from a reverend/priest saying, in effect, "well, they hadn't come for me so I hadn't spoken up. When they came for me, there was no one else to speak up for me."

Just a :o dropping moment.

Wow that's amazing that all 4 survived!

I walked the Holocaust Memorial (?) Towers in Boston last weekend with my sister and I felt sooo idk. Soo sad, horrible, and mad when I finished.

There's a quote at the end of it from a reverend/priest saying, in effect, "well, they hadn't come for me so I hadn't spoken up. When they came for me, there was no one else to speak up for me."

Just a :o dropping moment.

Yeah I have been there! Pretty nice memorial. Of course nothing really compares to the actual holocaust memorial museums. The one in DC and the one in Israel are amazing!

Wow that's amazing that all 4 survived!

Agreed! Unfortunately only one is still with us today. One of the saddest parts now is that there are hardly any survivors left. We have to learn their stories and carry them on!

My school just put on a genocide panel a couple weeks ago and one woman was a Holocaust survivor; it was amazing!!

That sounds incredible!! I would love to hear more about it in general!!

Prayer for my friend who is going through a rough time right now. She's working on finishing up her year and is still making the effort to come to a lot of realizations and come away from a year ago a different person. I'm starting to care a lot about her, and I get worried.

I pray she is able to finish what she needs to and gets the respite of this summer to really learn and teach her body how to relax and take it easy on herself. Nothing like meeting a bonafide twin in person :P .

Prayer and healing for my stepdad, who's badly recovering from a surgery right now. He's leaked spinal fluid and has a contagious, potentially lethal infection.

~Revan

Prayer and healing for my stepdad, who's badly recovering from a surgery right now. He's leaked spinal fluid and has a contagious, potentially lethal infection.

~Revan

I will pray for you. <3.

I will definitely pray!

It might be a little selfish but, please pray that I get a different job for the summer!

Also, please pray for my gram who fell today and who isn't doing so well (not related to the fall). She's just very old and I think it's almost her time :/

I will definitely pray!

It might be a little selfish but, please pray that I get a different job for the summer!

Also, please pray for my gram who fell today and who isn't doing so well (not related to the fall). She's just very old and I think it's almost her time :/

Noooooot selfish at all. You do need a different job; I've been telling you that for a year. :P

And :( . I'm sorry. I'll pray for both, and I hope she gets better! I love your gram! <3.

• 2 weeks later...

please keep praying for my gram! she's really not doing well at all :/

I'm super worried, and kind of sad :(

please keep praying for my gram! she's really not doing well at all :/

I'm super worried, and kind of sad :(

*hugggsssss*

:/ I am, and I've asked others to pray too.

Like I said this weekend, you have all my support. Love u.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, please keep me and my family in your prayers, my gram passed away last night. thanks for all of your continued prayers for her over the past couple months <3

• 2 weeks later...

Pray for safe backpacking for me. Thanks. Love you all.

~Rev

I will do Revan. I miss talkin' to ya. Great talk last time, though! ;)

-------

Guys (and girls), please pray for my friend. I won't name the person by name, but they just woke me up half an hour ago and I'm talking them through something. It's already 2am, and I had been set to sleep, but wherever the Spirit calls to lead me, including being up at almost 2:30am, I will go if I can make a difference to someone.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to keep those in Colorado in our prayers that were killed/injured and those who lost loved ones during the massacre of Dark Knight showing...this was an atrocity that I cant even begin to comprehend.

We need to keep those in Colorado in our prayers that were killed/injured and those who lost loved ones during the massacre of Dark Knight showing...this was an atrocity that I cant even begin to comprehend.

Amen. I was at a candlelight vigil at my church to mourn and pray for the families and victims affected by that tragedy this week.

----

Please pray for me, I've had an internal struggle all day today that started right after I left my church service. I think there was something in the sermon that struck a place of the past in me and offered mixed consolation. I will meditate on those words over the next few days.

Also, I've felt a little down all day but I know that won't last for long, but I'm a bit upset now because I know someone who I'm starting to care about a whole lot and this person has had some similar experiences as me and is struggling with things I went through. It's tough to see that, especially when I know what it has felt like. And I'm not sure how much help I can directly be, especially being quite a few hours away. I pray to God that He heals those things that are being brought up for me and especially looks out for this one-of-a-kind, special person and assures that person that things will be o.k., get better, and be steadier. I'd like these worries to subside. Thanks.

Edited by Kim.