• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

praying!
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#42 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

big Prayer Request I have a lot but they arent for me thehy are for my friends

Scott pray for him and His friends family he lost two best friend today JEssica walker and Taylor Queen they died in a car Accdient :sob: My heart goes out to him and his family/friends :sob:

My patsors mom She had 2 massive Heartattackes on Satruday night Tehy took her off her breathing and she is talking but pray for the family to strength them <3

NO DOUBT I WILL!

That's hard, loosing two friends in one go! I hope he is coping well!

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#43 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

I hope you guys can join me in praying for 4 of my friends and for their safe return. They're going to war in less than 2 weeks.

Edited by sirbenedictvs, 13 December 2011 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#44 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Jeremy, Sarah, and Arie, I prayed for all of your requests. Please keep my mom, Nancy, in your prayers! She really needs it. Thanks all :)
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#45 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:23 AM

^ been praying for your mom for a while.
---
I feel like I'm in need of prayer tonight. I have a splitting headache from being upset. Although I knew it was going to end, I was hoping the job I favor the most and that makes me feel good about myself would keep me on as a permanent part-timer. I get paid more and work in a positive and motivated environment there. I also feel like I exist there. The seasonal position ends on the 31st.
I'm hoping I can find a better job that would enable me to leave the second one I have, which pays me under $8 an hour. I really need a decent income to even consider moving.
And I need to make the time to finish my uni apps, and stop holding onto the fear I have.
What a list lol.
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#46 Revan

Revan

• Wind
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Mood::Love
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

big Prayer Request I have a lot but they arent for me thehy are for my friends

Scott pray for him and His friends family he lost two best friend today JEssica walker and Taylor Queen they died in a car Accdient :sob: My heart goes out to him and his family/friends :sob:

My patsors mom She had 2 massive Heartattackes on Satruday night Tehy took her off her breathing and she is talking but pray for the family to strength them <3

I have a few words that comfort You and Your Friends, if you so choose for them to. The first is to know that neither You nor Your Friends have lost either Jessica or Taylor. Indeed, if anyOne of us are truly aware of the joy of the soul leaving the body, we would rejoice in what we call "death"! Your Friends are alive and well, know this, and share this! Be glad of it, for it is well, and makes Us well, amen!

As for Your Pastor's Mom, the same as I previously said. If She is to choose to remain, rejoice! If She is to choose to leave, rejoice! In all things, We are One and never alone.

My greatest love and prayers go out to You always, friend. I love You. Amen, and amen.

~Revan

Edited by Revan, 27 January 2012 - 07:01 PM.

Who I am is not important; only my message is.

Slytherin House

#47 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Requesting for a personal prayer:

I'm trying to re-find my connection and relationship with God. I felt that I accepted Him fully into my life shortly after Christmas. Good things happened, and good things are still happening. But, I haven't felt His presence as I have at other times...as if I actually had a presence beside me, where I--in turn--felt empowered.

I feel like He's just watching. I did the things I felt the pull to do, within the past week...I guess you can say what God told me to do. But I feel incredibly weak, vulnerable, and alone right now. And, I'm hurting...but I think it's a grieving of some issues more so of my distant past than present, somewhat.

I just pray I can shake off this depressive mood and that God can understand me and guide me gently.

Thank you.
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#48 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

I will pray for you! Know that He is always there, waiting for you to come back to Him and sometimes His voice is quieter than other times :)
Posted Image
Ninja Crew! <3

#49 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Please pray for my friend who is going through a tough time and is out on her own but it trying to transition to moving out of her state. She called me the other day and I had to talk her into letting go of the reaction she wanted to take against someone.
I spent an hour and a half on the phone with her.

Also, please pray for me. I'm going through some delierate changes after realizing the strength in commitment and the necessity to let go and continue on no matter how impeded I am. I'm trying to let go of fear, feeling unjustified, uncertaintity, and--most importantly--anger and bitterness. xo.
Posted Image

#50 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

of course, we will pray!! :)

also, please pray for me letting go of fear as well! I also pray to realize that my past does not control my future and I can't base my experiences now off of what happened in the past!

Edited by Karen, 07 April 2012 - 01:44 AM.

Posted Image
Ninja Crew! <3

#51 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

of course, we will pray!! :)

also, please pray for me letting go of fear as well! I also pray to realize that my past does not control my future and I can't base my experiences now off of what happened in the past!

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!
I'm giving you a book to read about that stuff. When I get a copy xD, I'm reading a borrowed copy now.
I will be praying for you.

---
Please pray for my church, for the following weeks....that we reach larger, positive success in the mission we are working in. xoxo.
Posted Image

#52 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Please pray for me; I will be having surgery on Friday. I'm very calm about it. I had a GREAT ten-minute prayer session yesterday in the sanctuary of my church. It kind of changed my anxiety over it...since it will be my first surgery (I've ever had).
---
Also, please pray for those men and women (boys and girls) who are dealing with difficult pasts and pray that they recover and heal as they pick up their pieces of the fragmented and broken traumas that have occured, so that they may make sense of it in such a way that these people may grow far beyond (positively) their capacities to forgive and love than anyone ever expects.

They choose, largely, to keep their stories secret from the world because of stigmatism in our culture, but God (universe, etc.) has a very high spot for them in this life and on this Earth and loves them all the same. You never know what someone has dealt with by looking at them.

This past month, alone, I've had four people come up to me and talk to me about their traumas. This past year, a total of seven people.

I pray I can be a source of guiding light for these people by example when I can't bear to listen. All I want to do for these people is hug them for a really long time (if they allow) and tell them they are SO strong. I love them all and hope to be an example of open-mindedness, acceptance, empowerment, to show the same Love that God gives to all of us.

Xoxoxoxo.
Posted Image

#53 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Tonight and tomorrow is Holocaust Remembrance day. Everyone should keep in mind the millions lost and how it still effects us today. As well as all the hatred that is still in the world and how we can stop it.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#54 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

definitely Arie, sorry I'm late getting back to this. This is something we should be praying for every day!!
Posted Image
Ninja Crew! <3

#55 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Definitely...ironic we are reading in my small reading groups we are reading about a Jewish family trying to escape before the Nazis arrive in their village. My grandmother lost friends in her village when the Nazis came >:( most horrid event in history no question.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#56 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Definitely...ironic we are reading in my small reading groups we are reading about a Jewish family trying to escape before the Nazis arrive in their village. My grandmother lost friends in her village when the Nazis came >:( most horrid event in history no question.

Agreed. All 4 of my grandparents were survivors. So this is something I think about all the time. I'm Jewish as well. Makes me wonder were I would be if this never happened.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#57 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Agreed. All 4 of my grandparents were survivors. So this is something I think about all the time. I'm Jewish as well. Makes me wonder were I would be if this never happened.

I walked the Holocaust Memorial (?) Towers in Boston last weekend with my sister and I felt sooo idk. Soo sad, horrible, and mad when I finished.
There's a quote at the end of it from a reverend/priest saying, in effect, "well, they hadn't come for me so I hadn't spoken up. When they came for me, there was no one else to speak up for me."

Just a :o dropping moment.
Posted Image

#58 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Wow that's amazing that all 4 survived!

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#59 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I walked the Holocaust Memorial (?) Towers in Boston last weekend with my sister and I felt sooo idk. Soo sad, horrible, and mad when I finished.
There's a quote at the end of it from a reverend/priest saying, in effect, "well, they hadn't come for me so I hadn't spoken up. When they came for me, there was no one else to speak up for me."

Just a :o dropping moment.

Yeah I have been there! Pretty nice memorial. Of course nothing really compares to the actual holocaust memorial museums. The one in DC and the one in Israel are amazing!

Wow that's amazing that all 4 survived!

Agreed! Unfortunately only one is still with us today. One of the saddest parts now is that there are hardly any survivors left. We have to learn their stories and carry them on!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#60 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

My school just put on a genocide panel a couple weeks ago and one woman was a Holocaust survivor; it was amazing!!
Posted Image
Ninja Crew! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users