The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Over the last week, when in google images this has been showing:

It prevents us from being able to see the pictures, and I've always updated the computer, did virus scans etc, our computer guy said it's never had a virus. It's quite frustrating though, I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

I had something very similar last month. In fact I still have it. A friend of mine said it's "scareware"....not a real virus but something that will hamper computer operations, make your system unstable etc.....I guess there's a button somewhere you can click to buy (!) a kind of upgrade for your windows. That's what it wants you to do.

I couldn't get rid of it, so after I noticed it only seemed to affect the user profile I created for internet-surfing, my friend suggested creating a new profile for that purpose and "mothballing" the infected one. It has worked so far.

But if you can wipe your system and rebuild it from the ground up, maybe that's better.

Hope that helped at least some.

:ph34r:

Shut off your computer, and turn it back on. When it turns back on, immediately begin pressing F11, F12, or F13 (I always forget the correct button). One of those will lead you to a screen asking you to either "Revert to Save" or "Restore." Revert to save will "restore" your computer to a previous date, so click that and choose a date that occurred before this infamous virus showed up. Read the rest/Wait a few minutes and voila, no more viruses!

I had this, it is false and wants your money! I had one called System Defender.

DONT GIVE IT MONEY!!!

Aha! I had the same virus from System Defender! It's disgusting that virus protectors are injecting viruses into computers to make people buy a virus protector.

Aha! I had the same virus from System Defender! It's disgusting that virus protectors are injecting viruses into computers to make people buy a virus protector.

Well technically its not even a virus protector, its a virus that runs a program that looks like one. There is Windows Defender which is real and I think it copies off that.

Well technically its not even a virus protector, its a virus that runs a program that looks like one. There is Windows Defender which is real and I think it copies off that.

Yeah, I never thought about it being a scam. I always though of it as a failing company's attempt to garner up some idiot customers. But, in today's world, both sound pretty logical.

Also, Kim, I though you had a MacBook Pro?

Shut off your computer, and turn it back on. When it turns back on, immediately begin pressing F11, F12, or F13 (I always forget the correct button). One of those will lead you to a screen asking you to either "Revert to Save" or "Restore." Revert to save will "restore" your computer to a previous date, so click that and choose a date that occurred before this infamous virus showed up. Read the rest/Wait a few minutes and voila, no more viruses!

I had this, it is false and wants your money! I had one called System Defender.

DONT GIVE IT MONEY!!!

Use this Malwarebyte its a free software that removed it for me.

Have a look through all this too. You might find something helpful

Ok I'll try these! Thank you. I wouldn't ever give it money haha.

I think you should also try "CC Cleaner"

I have that and use it often :yesyes:

Also, Kim, I though you had a MacBook Pro?

I do. This ^^ is our family/shared computer :P

Edit: Did the Restore, so far it's all better :o I owe you Chandler!

Thanks again for the help everyone ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

iv had the same problem as kim.

about a year ago i got that on my old computer, havent used it since...untill today :D

unfortunately, what ckravitz posted didnt work for me..i couldnt find anything that said revert/restore to save.

incase more people have the same problem, iv got another solution if ^^ doesnt work for someone else either

start -> type in rstrui -> enter

follow the restore setup. works like a charm

i can finally use my old computer again :D