#1 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

This is A Question that Comes Across my Mind All the time I think about this about a good 90% of the day.. DO you wander or think the end time are near.? like at church lately that is all they talk about.

I wanna hear your thoughts and comments? :)

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#2 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

The end times are always speculated about but never meant to be revealed. No one truly knows when the end will come. I will just go outside and laugh my guts out the morning of 22 December 2012. Personally, I believe the end will come upon the arrival of the Antichrist, he will cause the start of a great war and ultimately the final battle: Armageddon. Then the Warrior Messiah will come again and vanquish the evil and establish an era of peace for a thousand years. Then the God's final judgment will determine the fate of every soul that has ever lived.

Of course like I said, no one knows when this time will come. It's better that we don't. Just simply knowing that the end may come, it motivates us to live life to the fullest and for good.
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#3 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

You mean the end of the world? I believe it will end at somepoint like predicted the sun will explode. Nothing supernatural though. And I do not believe it's as near to say it will end with our generation.

#4 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

I think some preachers, churches, congregations etc. get too hung up on the whole end times thing. I think as Christians we should know about it and understand it but I don't think God ever meant for us to dedicate so much time and effort to it. The Bible says that not even the Son will know when the time is. We need to be aware and pay attention but to try and guess or figure out or pin down something that not even the angels in Heaven or the Son will know is futile. People have tried to predict the end times since Jesus ascended into Heaven. But we should always be ready because you could die in a car crash just as easily as the end times could come.

#5 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, I don't believe the end of the world is December 21, 2012 - that was only when the Mayan calendar ended. They probably got bored and stopped counting or something, or that was all their calculations went up to. I don't know why people put so much stock into that calendar specifically, because nothing is foolproof and although they were way ahead of their time, they still didn't have modern science. I agree that the sun will probably explode but that won't be for a while now, at least another billion years. At least. If we don't do anything stupid, that is. But yeah, people we all hyped up about 2000 as well and nothing happened.
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#6 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

"end-of-the-world/battle-of-armageddon"?

The massed forces of good and evil gathering on a plain in Israel with all their military hardware and uncounted numbers of troops to decide the fate of the world in one cataclysmic battle?

Sounds interesting but not very plausible.

Wouldn't do it if I was Satan.

:ph34r:

#7 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

I don't think we should worry about when the world will end. It most probably won't be for millions of years yet. How will it end ? I don't know, nobody does. Its best to just live your life to the full, and forget about it.
E-sister - Madeline

#8 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Like At My chruch lately it is over talked soo much my youth pastor said the times not really near it just

we will be caught up in heaven and then the 7 year period starts.. then The battle of battle-of-armageddon

then they say the devil will be trapped in the bottom of a sea or somehting for 1,000 years and we would all be togetter for 1,000 years in peace

my church thinks it is all near with the signs.. with all the Tornadoes with like Libra and with everyting happening and soo I dot know why I feel soo CONFUSED

#9 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Like At My chruch lately it is over talked soo much my youth pastor said the times not really near it just

we will be caught up in heaven and then the 7 year period starts.. then The battle of battle-of-armageddon

then they say the devil will be trapped in the bottom of a sea or somehting for 1,000 years and we would all be togetter for 1,000 years in peace

my church thinks it is all near with the signs.. with all the Tornadoes with like Libra and with everyting happening and soo I dot know why I feel soo CONFUSED

Sarah, hopefully I can allay your worry and anxiety somewhat.

As Christians we're not "supposed" to worry or fear death and/or the end time. But I feel this fear is natural and understandable. This life is all we've known. As wonderful as Heaven may be it is an uncertainty to us - we don't know what to expect and the thoughts of eternity vex our little finite minds. I believe that there are just some things that we aren't meant to understand. It's beyond our comprehension and to try and understand it may lead to madness.

I feel for you as you may feel like you're alone on an island. Your family doesn't support you. I don't know how comfortable you are with the other members of your church. If you are close to some of them and really feel a close connectedness and feel you can trust them then maybe they could be your support system. You must find someone that can understand you and you can trust just so that in these type circumstances you can spill your guts and they will be there for you. Reaffirm you. Maybe just hold you and give you a hug.

If all this talk of the end times gets to you, don't be afraid to excuse yourself from the church service or the bible lesson. Go for a walk around the church halls. Maybe you'll see a friend to visit etc. It doesn't make you less of a Christian or a bad Christian to duck out on certain things. Especially if it causes you anxiety.

You are not alone. I'm including here a passage from the novel Anne of the Island. It is one of the sequels to Anne of Green Gables. The author, Lucy Maude Montgomery, was married to a minister so these thoughts even cross the mind of a minister's wife. In the passage Anne has come back from college visiting her home town. She has learned that one of her old childhood friends is dying of consumption. They were friends from youth that had grown into young ladies together.

"How strange the graveyard looks by moonlight!" said Ruby suddenly. "How ghostly!" she shuddered. "Anne, it won't be long now before I'll be lying over there. You and Diana and all the rest will be going about, full of life -- and I'll be there -- in the old graveyard -- dead!"

The surprise of it bewildered Anne. For a few moments she could not speak.

"You know it's so, don't you?" said Ruby insistently.

"Yes, I know," answered Anne in a low tone. "Dear Ruby, I know."

"Everybody knows it," said Ruby bitterly. "I know it -- I've known it all summer, though I wouldn't give in. And, oh, Anne" -- she reached out and caught Anne's hand pleadingly, impulsively -- "I don't want to die. I'm AFRAID to die."

"Why should you be afraid, Ruby?" asked Anne quietly.

"Because -- because -- oh, I'm not afraid but that I'll go to heaven, Anne. I'm a church member. But -- it'll be all so different. I think -- and think -- and I get so frightened -- and -- and -- homesick. Heaven must be very beautiful, of course, the Bible says so -- but, Anne, IT WON'T BE WHAT I'VE BEEN USED TO."

Through Anne's mind drifted an intrusive recollection of a funny story she had heard Philippa Gordon tell -- the story of some old man who had said very much the same thing about the world to come. It had sounded funny then -- she remembered how she and Priscilla had laughed over it. But it did not seem in the least humorous now, coming from Ruby's pale, trembling lips. It was sad, tragic -- and true! Heaven could not be what Ruby had been used to. There had been nothing in her gay, frivolous life, her shallow ideals and aspirations, to fit her for that great change, or make the life to come seem to her anything but alien and unreal and undesirable. Anne wondered helplessly what she could say that would help her. Could she say anything? "I think, Ruby," she began hesitatingly -- for it was difficult for Anne to speak to any one of the deepest thoughts of her heart, or the new ideas that had vaguely begun to shape themselves in her mind, concerning the great mysteries of life here and hereafter, superseding her old childish conceptions, and it was hardest of all to speak of them to such as Ruby Gillis -- "I think, perhaps, we have very mistaken ideas about heaven -- what it is and what it holds for us. I don't think it can be so very different from life here as most people seem to think. I believe we'll just go on living, a good deal as we live here -- and be OURSELVES just the same -- only it will be easier to be good and to -- follow the highest. All the hindrances and perplexities will be taken away, and we shall see clearly. Don't be afraid, Ruby."

"I can't help it," said Ruby pitifully. "Even if what you say about heaven is true -- and you can't be sure -- it may be only that imagination of yours -- it won't be JUST the same. It CAN'T be. I want to go on living HERE. I'm so young, Anne. I haven't had my life. I've fought so hard to live -- and it isn't any use -- I have to die -- and leave EVERYTHING I care for." Anne sat in a pain that was almost intolerable. She could not tell comforting falsehoods; and all that Ruby said was so horribly true. She WAS leaving everything she cared for. She had laid up her treasures on earth only; she had lived solely for the little things of life -- the things that pass -- forgetting the great things that go onward into eternity, bridging the gulf between the two lives and making of death a mere passing from one dwelling to the other -- from twilight to unclouded day. God would take care of her there -- Anne believed -- she would learn -- but now it was no wonder her soul clung, in blind helplessness, to the only things she knew and loved.

Ruby raised herself on her arm and lifted up her bright, beautiful blue eyes to the moonlit skies.

"I want to live," she said, in a trembling voice. "I want to live like other girls. I -- I want to be married, Anne -- and -- and -- have little children. You know I always loved babies, Anne. I couldn't say this to any one but you. I know you understand. And then poor Herb -- he -- he loves me and I love him, Anne. The others meant nothing to me, but HE does -- and if I could live I would be his wife and be so happy. Oh, Anne, it's hard."

Ruby sank back on her pillows and sobbed convulsively. Anne pressed her hand in an agony of sympathy -- silent sympathy, which perhaps helped Ruby more than broken, imperfect words could have done; for presently she grew calmer and her sobs ceased.

"I'm glad I've told you this, Anne," she whispered. "It has helped me just to say it all out. I've wanted to all summer -- every time you came. I wanted to talk it over with you -- but I COULDN'T. It seemed as if it would make death so SURE if I SAID I was going to die, or if any one else said it or hinted it. I wouldn't say it, or even think it. In the daytime, when people were around me and everything was cheerful, it wasn't so hard to keep from thinking of it. But in the night, when I couldn't sleep -- it was so dreadful, Anne. I couldn't get away from it then. Death just came and stared me in the face, until I got so frightened I could have screamed...

...That good night in the garden was for all time. Anne never saw Ruby in life again. The next night the A.V.I.S. gave a farewell party to Jane Andrews before her departure for the West. And, while light feet danced and bright eyes laughed and merry tongues chattered, there came a summons to a soul in Avonlea that might not be disregarded or evaded. The next morning the word went from house to house that Ruby Gillis was dead. She had died in her sleep, painlessly and calmly, and on her face was a smile -- as if, after all, death had come as a kindly friend to lead her over the threshold, instead of the grisly phantom she had dreaded.

#10 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

I think some preachers, churches, congregations etc. get too hung up on the whole end times thing. I think as Christians we should know about it and understand it but I don't think God ever meant for us to dedicate so much time and effort to it. The Bible says that not even the Son will know when the time is. We need to be aware and pay attention but to try and guess or figure out or pin down something that not even the angels in Heaven or the Son will know is futile. People have tried to predict the end times since Jesus ascended into Heaven. But we should always be ready because you could die in a car crash just as easily as the end times could come.

Agreed.

#11 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

thanks Dude And yeah I do Trust me.. it jut IT really scares me I got no idea why.. it shouldn't but it does

#12 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

"end-of-the-world/battle-of-armageddon"?

The massed forces of good and evil gathering on a plain in Israel with all their military hardware and uncounted numbers of troops to decide the fate of the world in one cataclysmic battle?

Sounds interesting but not very plausible.

Wouldn't do it if I was Satan.

:ph34r:

Well there's Satan and there's the Antichrist. The Antichrist is an interesting character; he will be a figure of power and loved by the people. In other words, the Antichrist will most likely be a political figure voted into office and is a very popular figure (...this already rules out George W for anyone who mentions it). During his term as a world leader, he will gather the people and make them bear his mark. Without the mark he may not participate in daily activities such as buying a loaf of bread. Towards the end of his reign, he will amass a grand army and prepare for the final showdown with the forces of God, until the coming of Jesus Christ, the Warrior Messiah armed with a sword from his mouth and the word of God.
The two work together but aren't the same person so to speak. Supposedly if taken literally the armies of light and dark will be composed of all the armies of all the kings in history. Doesn't really say much about who will fight for who.

tbh, this will be the most epic battle since Middle Earth. Armageddon is a plateau but the plain (which has been fought over countless times all throughout history) is perfect ground for infantry as well as chariots, tanks and dragoons. The land will flow with rivers of blood from the defeated.

Hey Sarah if you ever get the chance, read the whole book of Revelation. All the things you mentioned are form there and is just one big total mindf***. Honestly with all the natural disasters going on, people don't understand that natural disasters happen all the freakin' time. Frequency may have been a coincidence, but just look at the natural disasters that occurred during the turn of the 20th century: disasters occurred as much then as it does now.
Also, probably off topic but during that time the Earth as we know it was quite literally a few hundred feet from another possible mass extinction or possibly extermination as we know it. A large asteroid almost plunged into the Earth just above Siberia. Luckily the rock exploded in the air and created a huge explosion that destroyed everything in the area(a dozen or so square miles methinks). It was known as the Tunguska Event if you're ever bored enough to look it up.

Anyways, no one knows for certain when that time is. Whoever thinks that it's happening as we speak is paranoid. It may or it may not, but the truth of the matter is God and only God knows when that time will be.
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#13 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

It was known as the Tunguska Event if you're ever bored enough to look it up.

I thought that was caused by Nikola Tesla's Death Ray. :P

#14 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

I thought that was caused by Nikola Tesla's Death Ray. :P

...or so they say... dun dun duuuunnn
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#15 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

I will just go outside and laugh my guts out the morning of 22 December 2012.
[/quote]
I'll join you.

I will be long dead by the end of this world. There are some stuff in Revelations that have and havent happened yet. Like one world currency, which is become more real, and getting rid of the church. There are too many people neither pro or anti the church for it to be deserted just yet. But Revelations is getting closer, the world is turning to crap and people are loosing the chance to decide what they want to follow now that you cant teach religion in schools anymore. People need to be able to witness both sides and then choose.

But I dont worry to much about the end of this world, just focus on the now and living in a holy way that God loves and will benefit myself and others. Its been predicted before and will again, its all crap and 2012 being the latest one.

What ever...

Edit: also, what does it matter if it does come?
Be sure of yourself that you will end up where you want to end up. Live by your faith as much as you can. Because if die tomorrow its the same as the end of times, in the end your just dead and will you end up where you plan?
Be sure of where your headed and the end of the world is no threat.
You wont be loosing out on anything.

Edited by Joe O'Connor, 29 April 2011 - 05:00 AM.

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#16 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#17 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

I don't know if any of you have ever noticed but Microsoft's Outlook calendar goes up to something like July 3500. I wonder if that will freak some future society out.

"Oh no! Those people back in the 20th century must have known something we don't! AHHhhhhh!"

#18 halleluJah

halleluJah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Mood::sublime
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Whether 2012 is the end or not, it doesn't matter. Either way, this world is sooo screwed with the way nature is being treated, and especially the amount of trees being cut down to feed people's fat asses with more slimy meat. Also, death is something you get closer to each ticking second, but don't worry, death is not the end. If only it were as easy as that!
Help! I'm stuck on a rock floating through space

#19 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image

ahhahaha Jer that is SO funny :rofl:

And Plus I know everything is Always happening like Tornadoes Etc.. I just Don't understand why people are getting paranoid about it

#20 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

lol jeremy, that's exactly what I think, too. I think we are getting too freaked out. Sammy, I agree with you - we need to start treating the earth better because the end of the world WILL come sooner - we'll run out of the natural resources we need. That, to me, is so much more important and scary than the apocalypse. Especially because we can see the destruction happening. With the apocalypse, it'll at least be somewhat of a surprise. It just frustrates me with the lack of respect the earth is getting, because this IS the only home we have. :/
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users