The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What have you made today?

What have you baked/cooked today?

The cupcakes have bits of strawberry and a tad little bit of Strawberry Tart Jam in the middle. :P

Edited by Hermione
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some frozen Kosher soup in a pot to boil. :mellow:

And I made some dulce de leche ice cream go into my stomach. :yesyes:

I don't have the strength to make anything from scratch today, and I can't stand. -_- lol

Edited by Lena

I put some frozen Kosher soup in a pot to boil. :mellow:

And I made some dulce de leche ice cream go into my stomach. :yesyes:

I don't have the strength to make anything from scratch today, and I can't stand. -_- lol

Aww hope you feel better soon. <3

So far today I have made myself a plate of chips :P

i made myself a bowl of cereal, is dat counted? ;p

In the book of guys that sure does count. :lol::P^_^ -jokes- <3.

But :mellow: ....I'm the same way; I made myself a bowl of cereal and nommed on that this morning. -_-

I want a breakfast sandwich though. :sob: I digress... -_-

Great topic!

For lunch I had gnocci with tomato sauce. Technically I just warmed it up in the microwave, but I did both the gnocci and the sauce from the scratch the day before yesterday and have eaten it for three days in a row - so delicious, but so much work! I think it took me two hours until I had them done, tried it for the first time ever. Was quite proud of it!

I also had bread with butter and salami and toast with butter and jam today, but I don't think that counts.

When I made this topic I generally mean what you made from scratch not what you've eaten. Like made dressings yourself etc. If you get what I mean?

Like I baked those cupcakes from scratch. Tempered the chocolate myself. Made the tart Jam myself. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Scrambled egg, I put too much salt by accident. :(

Hate that <_< .

I once, when I was on holiday in the South, agreed to cook breakfast for myself and my middle sister. That was interesting, since I had an obsession with reading and re-reading ingredients and directions in recipes. Let's put it this way...the scrambled egg recipe called for a (one) teaspoon of black pepper. I put in one tablespoon of ground black pepper.

My sister recognized the spicy flavour when she took the first bite and said, "Kim, what the hell did you do to the egg?!"

:lol:

---

I fixed myself some apple cinnamon tea tonight. I haven't made a decent meal to eat for myself, since 10 days ago. -sigh- -_-

Since when did people stick salt in Scrambled Egg, that's totally weird and unhealthy. How long have people been doing that? :unsure:

Edited by Hermione

Since when did people stick salt in Scrambled Egg, that's totally weird and unhealthy. How long have people been doing that? :unsure:

It's not very weird to stick salt in a scrambled egg. It might be in England, but my mother has always done it. My mother also puts things in scrambled egg that most Americans don't put....i.e.: Sazón or Adobo, which are both spice mixtures that do have salt in them. Sazón usually is a packet that has salt, annato in it (anise seed?), tumeric, garlic, etc. Adobo has oregano, salt, garlic, tumeric, pepper, etc.

It's not totally unhealthy if you moderate the amount of salt you put in it, and if you don't have it all the time.

^ Where I live eggs *scrambled, boiled, etc* must be seasoned with salt. It's really normal here.

Yeah, same. My mother always serves boiled eggs with salt, ketchup, and black pepper. :D lol

I have baked really big cinnamon rolls.

Sounds soooo goooood!!! Do you have any leftover? Maybe not :lol: .

---

I'm not sure what I'm making today :mellow: . I haven't really "made" anything. Just fixed myself breakfast which didn't require much cooking. :P

It's a Jewish holiday starting tonight and for the next two days, so I will be making a tonf of food today.

3 different kinds of chicken, roasted potatoes, roasted vegtables, a bunch of different salads, 2 different soups, salmon and tilapia, 2 cheesecakes, and probably more. Yikes!

Had dinner with some friends and cooked.

Flat iron steaks glazed with red wine and vinegar with sauteed mushrooms, pea pods and zucchini also in reduced red wine as well..

Edited by sirbenedictvs
  • 1 month later...