The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Camping, like it or hate it?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to do some camping when I was in the Boy Scouts yeeeeeaaaarrrss back. I've camped out in the field as well when I used to go out hunting. Nowadays my mates and I go 'camping' when we're out of town doing airsoft games. We pitch a tent sometimes but mostly we just bring our vehicles and if weather permits sleep outside; just lay out our packs as pillows. Then in the morning and all day we would be slinging plastic :P.

It's always good to get away from civilization and just find some natural peace and quiet once in a while. It allows you to break the usual busy habit of everyday life and just enjoy nature and her beauty.

I hate camping. If you camped 7 months in a row (with a camper) you'd be tired of it as well.

Top Gear's worst enemy.

In between. Only ever been on school camps, was happy to hear music again after hearing none for a week :P

What?! You don't like the music of the wind through the trees, birds chirping and running water?

What?! You don't like the music of the wind through the trees, birds chirping and running water?

Course I do, but our camp was filled with hundreds of girls, so we didn't hear anything but gossip! And during my first camp we slept indoors lol.

Course I do, but our camp was filled with hundreds of girls, so we didn't hear anything but gossip! And during my first camp we slept indoors lol.

Haha yeah you should try camping with just your family or mates ;)

• 1 month later...

I've been on school camps before but we stayed in cabins. I've never slept in a tent before. I don't think I'll enjoy it because I didn't even like being in a cabin. I mainly didn't enjoy camping because I was cold, hungry and tired through the whole experience. However, I would give camping outdoors a go just for the experience. Two years ago, I was going to go on a road trip with one of my friends and we were going to camp instead of staying in hotels to save money.

Camping with trailers or tents is ok when there's no way around it for some reason.

But we didn't work our butts off for millennia to create the nice places we have today just to leave them behind and have "fun" being miserable again, I think.

:yesyes:

Camping with trailers or tents is ok when there's no way around it for some reason.

But we didn't work our butts off for millennia to create the nice places we have today just to leave them behind and have "fun" being miserable again, I think.

Well sometimes we get nostalgia about the misery. :P

Anyone like to sleep without cover? Like, just lay a mat down or your pack as a pillow and sleep under a tree or something?

:rofl: that's so funny Chris! Also true.

• 1 month later...