The Emma-Watson.net Forum

World's best airports

Which airports have you really enjoyed going to?

I love Auckland Airport (mine), whenever there's a chance to go there I do, loved it since I was a kid :P I don't remember too many to be honest, Beijing's looks fantastic.

Sydney airport, since its one of the three airports i've visited, Indonesia, and Bali are the other airports i've vistited tho dont really like the two of em lol

I have been to my fair share of airports lol. It's pretty ridiculous.

My favorites would probably have to be Madrid, Switzerland, and Israel.

I DESPISE JFK and LaGaurdia but other then that the rest are fine.

JFK is a total cluster f***. Got lost between terminals in a few occasions, but I just really hated how crowded it always is.

Talk about crowded, O'Hare is crowded. Once pulled in there on a flight that was running late and my connecting flight was all the way in another terminal on the other side of the airport. Got to the gate and was told that the plane I was looking for had been rerouted to another gate. Wanna guess where it was? Two gates down from the gate that I'd arrived in. Somehow I made it though.

I have been to my fair share of airports lol. It's pretty ridiculous.

I DESPISE JFK and LaGaurdia but other then that the rest are fine.

Same haha.

JFK is a total cluster f***. Got lost between terminals in a few occasions, but I just really hated how crowded it always is.

Yeah it is. Last time I got lost so badly. I asked 7 different people, all unfriendly and they all gave me 7 different directions to find my terminal. And in the end I took the wrong rail direction.

But my favorite airports are Vancouver (awesome native design), Hamburg and Heathrow Terminal 5. Frankfurt is nice too, but way too big. The rest I've been too were alright or just bad.

I've just been away for 2 months, and have past through a few airports.

Manchester is fairly bad. It could be cleaner.

Bangkok is just massive, and the distance between gates seems to be huge.

Sydney is quite good.

LAX is also quite good.

Singapore is a bit lacking, it seems a bit out of date but they are refurbishing it at the moment.

Heathrow, contrary to what most people say, was actually good. It was easy to navigate.

The other airports I went to were Saigon, Hanoi, Cairns and Nadi (Fiji). I loved Nadi, as when you land there are a load of Fijians playing ukeleles to welcome you to their country. Where else do you get that?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Might be pretty obvious, but Schiphol is our national airport and one of the most important airports in Europe, if I may believe Wikipedia :P. I've only been to a few airports in my life and Schiphol was certainly the biggest of them. So I can't really say I have a favourite but Schiphol is the one I know best :).

• 4 months later...

as Parisian airports are the biggest mess ever, I use to enjoy any other airport :)

One of my best landing memories, though, takes place in Oslo. It's like... well, for a while I thought we had landed in the middle of a forest :D

• 3 weeks later...

I live relatively close to Orlando International, and have flown out of it many times. I love the feeling of being there. In fact, I have an odd thing for airports and flying in general. Probably just another sign of my collapsing sanity.. oh well, whoever said sanity was useful in the first place?

~Revan

• 1 year later...