The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do you travel lightly or heavily?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well in recent years I've flown when going to fencing tournaments so I have to drag all my gear and uniforms for check-in. Other than that I usually just bring 2 carry ons; on trips that would be at most a week. I will be packing heavily when I fly to the Philippines though, gotta pack a month's worth of stuff :P plus gifts for my family.

depending on how long im gonna stay at the place, when i went to the Gold Coast, i took one bag.. its between light and medium ;p

I want to be a light packer, but it just never happens lol.

I always manage to go over the baggage allowance, so i get hit with fines and charges lol. My most impressive one was the last time i went to New York. Came back with twice what i went out with lol, i have a problem but then again its not my fault lol.

I can't seem to pack lightly enough. It's a real problem I have.

My sister is always telling me, "If you want to hike or backpack Europe or other countries, you're going to have to travel light." She lives a half hour away from me and sometimes I stay up to a week, but I'm no longer allowed to bring more than two bags, which sucks. I like having a variety of clothes, especially because in my mid to late teens I didn't have many clothes in my closet that fit me and we (my family) didn't have money to take me clothes shopping for school (especially grades 10-12), so I wore pretty much standard shirt and jeans.

Now, I bring my laptop bag and somehow manage to fit a pair of pants, two or three shirts, sleeping shorts and shirt, socks etc, facewash and all those essentials, protein bars and Gatorade packets, and of course my laptop, charger, and mouse. I take my purse with me everywhere I go, too. Laptop bag's gotta weigh at least 15 lbs. (6.8 kg) and I carry that in injured leg, back, and all.

-shrug- I'm not like my twin at all :tongue0020: .

My stuff brings be comfort. -_-

• 3 months later...

Uhm...I pack for 2 weeks when I'm going away for 2 days!! You never know when you might be going out for some dinner or have a party to attend. And you can NOT be seen in the same outfit twice. :unsure:

Well you can if you're like travelling with family :P

Always pack heavily... :sweatdrop: I try not to but there's always so much to bring...

agreed...

I'd say medium, I mean, I can get it in quite a small bag/suitcase...but still, it's always too much...even if I go away for only a few days I manage to bring so many things I know I don't really need xD.

Edited by Bright_Star
  • 4 weeks later...

I would say that I pack lightly. There was a time when I use to pack almost everything in my wardrobe, as well as books in case I'd get bored. But I quickly realised that I didn't like carrying around all that junk, so now I'm more strict and honest with myself about what I need to bring when I travel.

• 2 months later...