Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Ι'm really gratefull that I had the chances, the support of my family and the financial aid to study all my life and be educated.
Education should be free for everyone and not the privilege of the rich!

I just got back from my local Church. They started this education/tutoring programme for the poor kids who can't afford to pay for private lessons. Here in Greece we have public schools, yes, but the education is awful; teachers don't care. So for the kids to actually be able to pass their final tests and enter a uni they like, they have to pay for private lessons and they cost TOO much. So with everything that's been going on here, most families can't afford it anymore.
So our local Church started this programme for the poor kids and asks any teachers to volunteer and give help in any course, completely free of charge! So I volunteered!! And I feel so happy! It's a lot of work and a lot of responsibility, and I don't know if I get picked because I'm kinda young but I really hope I do, because as far as education is concerned, I don't care about money!

Just wanted to share this with you guys! I'm so happy a lot of Churches take this initiative during those desperate times! It shows a lot to people!

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#42 jim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

I went to a meeting in Baltimore last week and someone smashed out one of my car windows and took my gps.

However, I'm thankful that I'm OK...the GPS wasn't worth much (I got it on ebay for $25)...AND the theif left my inline skates in the car. Plus, I found someone that replaced my window for a very reasonable price. Everything worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users