79 replies to this topic

#1 pat07

pat07

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

Let's get a bromance thread going, I always loved their friendship, even if it's not as developed in the movies as in the books. Ron was Harry's first real friend. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know that second one is technically a trio hug, but it looked more like a harry/ron hug to me lol.

Edited by pat07, 30 October 2010 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

Topic Moved

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#3 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Very true Pat... oh and here's a great quote I read again today from GoF that sooooo illustrates the bromance and expresses the bond of friendship that exists between these two...

Hermione telling Harry to talk to Ron after Harry has been entered into the Tri-Wizard tournament:

"'I didn't start this,' Harry said stubbornly.'It's his problem.'
'You miss him!' Hermione said impatiently. 'And I know he misses you ---'
'Miss him?' said Harry. 'I don't [i]miss him...'
But this was a downright lie. Harry liked Hermione very much, but she wasn't the same as Ron. There was much less laughter and a lot more hanging around in the library when Hermione was your best friend."

If that doesn't tell you something about Ron/Harry, I don't know what does! This is the closest friendship of the series... not that the movies would have us believe it that way.
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#4 vida

vida

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'm a huuuuge H/R supporter. I love their friendship to bits and I'm annoyed that it wasn't portrayed properly in the films.
My favourite chapter EVER is 'The Silver Doe' so, as you would imagine, I am loking forward to see their onscreen conversation after Ron saves Harry and destroys the locket.
I wept twice while reading the books, and this part was one of them. So I have really high expectations for this scene... :)

'You love me. Real or not real?'

'Real'.

#5 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Mood::Calm and collected
  • LocationBs. As. Argentina

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:33 AM

Very true Pat... oh and here's a great quote I read again today from GoF that sooooo illustrates the bromance and expresses the bond of friendship that exists between these two...

Hermione telling Harry to talk to Ron after Harry has been entered into the Tri-Wizard tournament:

"'I didn't start this,' Harry said stubbornly.'It's his problem.'
'You miss him!' Hermione said impatiently. 'And I know he misses you ---'
'Miss him?' said Harry. 'I don't [i]miss him...'
But this was a downright lie. Harry liked Hermione very much, but she wasn't the same as Ron. There was much less laughter and a lot more hanging around in the library when Hermione was your best friend."

If that doesn't tell you something about Ron/Harry, I don't know what does! This is the closest friendship of the series... not that the movies would have us believe it that way.

Awww they can't live without each other!!! I love their friendship :)

#6 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

Awww they can't live without each other!!! I love their friendship :)

Me too Luciana!

To me their friendship is one of the great side stories. It's why Ron and Harry are my favorite characters tied. How can you place one friend above the other. The bond of friendship is most enduring when it is shared equally, that's why I can never like Ron more than Harry or Harry more than Ron.
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#7 Occulus

Occulus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

They're the Butch and Sundance of the Wizarding World.

#8 vida

vida

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

Hi Occulus! I don't think I saluted you earlier... :)

Harry wasn't the same while Ron was away in DH, and his friendship with Hermione was seriously tested there.
Ron provided a light-hearted, funny side that was truly important for Harry's survival, as he had a serious upbringing and a very hard life.

'Real'.

#9 Occulus

Occulus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

Yeah and I do think they portray that well in the movies. When he's with Hermione she's always worrying, nagging him and constantly reminding him about his role as the "Chosen One'. When he's with Ron he can relax, have fun and just be a regular kid.

The track "Ron's Speech" from the DH soundtrack:http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EvJ089pHzK4

If anyone here is also a member of the Rupert Grint Ice Cream Forum can someone post it at the Harry/Ron thread.

Edited by Occulus, 31 October 2010 - 04:00 PM.

#10 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

Yeah and I do think they portray that well in the movies. When he's with Hermione she's always worrying, nagging him and constantly reminding him about his role as the "Chosen One'. When he's with Ron he can relax, have fun and just be a regular kid.

The track "Ron's Speech" from the DH soundtrack:http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EvJ089pHzK4

If anyone here is also a member of the Rupert Grint Ice Cream Forum can someone post it at the Harry/Ron thread.

It's so beautiful!!!!! What scene is it from? Maybe Silver Doe?

#11 azileea

azileea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

Aww I so support their friendship! ♥ I can't wait the movie moments. The hug, the fight, Ron coming to the rescue etc.

#12 vida

vida

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

Aww I so support their friendship! ♥ I can't wait the movie moments. The hug, the fight, Ron coming to the rescue etc.

I can't wait either for The Silver Doe. It's so especial in the book...
I hope it's done right, and the scene it's given the importance it deserves, as Ron's character received such a bad treatment in the past...

'Real'.

#13 azileea

azileea

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

I hope it's done right, and the scene it's given the importance it deserves, as Ron's character received such a bad treatment in the past...

I hope so too. It's my utmost favourite scene in DH. I'm a bit scared. It seems ok from the footage though but.. Still.

#14 Dumbledores Woman

Dumbledores Woman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Wooo bromance! :D

Pat, I love the GIFs you posted, they're my favourite parts of all the trailers. Harry's face in the second one is just... wow.(damn where's the right emoticon when you need one?!)

These films are going to make me cry buckets, and I rarely cry at anything.
Posted Image

Katharine. Atheist. Vegetarian. HP Fanatic.
Dumbledore's Woman Through And Through :)

My Fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Broken Pieces

#15 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

Did you see the new clip with them? It's amazing!!!
I love when Harry says "Come with me" :wub:

#16 Dumbledores Woman

Dumbledores Woman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Oh Luciana I agree! That scene is beautiful from a Harry/Ron, Harry/Hermione and Ron/Hermione perspective. I love that we have noble!Harry now, I've missed him. Not to mention brave!Ron :)
Posted Image

Katharine. Atheist. Vegetarian. HP Fanatic.
Dumbledore's Woman Through And Through :)

My Fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Broken Pieces

#17 pat07

pat07

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

thanks DW.

#18 vida

vida

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

How cool and uber bada$$ look H/R at the new Malfoy Manor scene, fighting side-by-side trying to help Hermione?
I'm going to love every minute of this fight!

'Real'.

#19 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

They make a good team :yesyes:

#20 vida

vida

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

I was hoping that after I watched the movie I would be coming to the bromance thread to say how much I enjoyed Silver Doe - my favourite chapter EVER!
However, unfortunately I feel like I don't have much to add as H/R conversation after the locket is destroyed was completely butchered.
Anyone else felt robbed of this wonderful H/R moment that enhances their friendship so wonderfully?

'Real'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users