The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry and Ron Thread

Let's get a bromance thread going, I always loved their friendship, even if it's not as developed in the movies as in the books. Ron was Harry's first real friend. :)

I know that second one is technically a trio hug, but it looked more like a harry/ron hug to me lol.

Edited by pat07
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true Pat... oh and here's a great quote I read again today from GoF that sooooo illustrates the bromance and expresses the bond of friendship that exists between these two...

Hermione telling Harry to talk to Ron after Harry has been entered into the Tri-Wizard tournament:

"'I didn't start this,' Harry said stubbornly.'It's his problem.'

'You miss him!' Hermione said impatiently. 'And I know he misses you ---'

'Miss him?' said Harry. 'I don't miss him...'

But this was a downright lie. Harry liked Hermione very much, but she wasn't the same as Ron. There was much less laughter and a lot more hanging around in the library when Hermione was your best friend."

If that doesn't tell you something about Ron/Harry, I don't know what does! This is the closest friendship of the series... not that the movies would have us believe it that way.

I'm a huuuuge H/R supporter. I love their friendship to bits and I'm annoyed that it wasn't portrayed properly in the films.

My favourite chapter EVER is 'The Silver Doe' so, as you would imagine, I am loking forward to see their onscreen conversation after Ron saves Harry and destroys the locket.

I wept twice while reading the books, and this part was one of them. So I have really high expectations for this scene... :)

Very true Pat... oh and here's a great quote I read again today from GoF that sooooo illustrates the bromance and expresses the bond of friendship that exists between these two...

Hermione telling Harry to talk to Ron after Harry has been entered into the Tri-Wizard tournament:

"'I didn't start this,' Harry said stubbornly.'It's his problem.'

'You miss him!' Hermione said impatiently. 'And I know he misses you ---'

'Miss him?' said Harry. 'I don't miss him...'

But this was a downright lie. Harry liked Hermione very much, but she wasn't the same as Ron. There was much less laughter and a lot more hanging around in the library when Hermione was your best friend."

If that doesn't tell you something about Ron/Harry, I don't know what does! This is the closest friendship of the series... not that the movies would have us believe it that way.

Awww they can't live without each other!!! I love their friendship :)

Awww they can't live without each other!!! I love their friendship :)

Me too Luciana!

To me their friendship is one of the great side stories. It's why Ron and Harry are my favorite characters tied. How can you place one friend above the other. The bond of friendship is most enduring when it is shared equally, that's why I can never like Ron more than Harry or Harry more than Ron.

Hi Occulus! I don't think I saluted you earlier... :)

Harry wasn't the same while Ron was away in DH, and his friendship with Hermione was seriously tested there.

Ron provided a light-hearted, funny side that was truly important for Harry's survival, as he had a serious upbringing and a very hard life.

Yeah and I do think they portray that well in the movies. When he's with Hermione she's always worrying, nagging him and constantly reminding him about his role as the "Chosen One'. When he's with Ron he can relax, have fun and just be a regular kid.

The track "Ron's Speech" from the DH soundtrack:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJ089pHzK4

If anyone here is also a member of the Rupert Grint Ice Cream Forum can someone post it at the Harry/Ron thread.

Edited by Occulus

Yeah and I do think they portray that well in the movies. When he's with Hermione she's always worrying, nagging him and constantly reminding him about his role as the "Chosen One'. When he's with Ron he can relax, have fun and just be a regular kid.

The track "Ron's Speech" from the DH soundtrack:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJ089pHzK4

If anyone here is also a member of the Rupert Grint Ice Cream Forum can someone post it at the Harry/Ron thread.

It's so beautiful!!!!! What scene is it from? Maybe Silver Doe?

Aww I so support their friendship! ♥ I can't wait the movie moments. The hug, the fight, Ron coming to the rescue etc.

I can't wait either for The Silver Doe. It's so especial in the book...

I hope it's done right, and the scene it's given the importance it deserves, as Ron's character received such a bad treatment in the past...

I hope it's done right, and the scene it's given the importance it deserves, as Ron's character received such a bad treatment in the past...

I hope so too. It's my utmost favourite scene in DH. I'm a bit scared. It seems ok from the footage though but.. Still.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping that after I watched the movie I would be coming to the bromance thread to say how much I enjoyed Silver Doe - my favourite chapter EVER!

However, unfortunately I feel like I don't have much to add as H/R conversation after the locket is destroyed was completely butchered.

Anyone else felt robbed of this wonderful H/R moment that enhances their friendship so wonderfully?

I was hoping that after I watched the movie I would be coming to the bromance thread to say how much I enjoyed Silver Doe - my favourite chapter EVER!

However, unfortunately I feel like I don't have much to add as H/R conversation after the locket is destroyed was completely butchered.

Anyone else felt robbed of this wonderful H/R moment that enhances their friendship so wonderfully?

Yeah, I know what you mean. :( Harry was so cold with Ron!! He was like "ah... it's you" I mean: Ron has just saved your life!! Be grateful!!!!!

Totally out of character.

Totally! That was one of the scenes I waited the most. And it sucked. It was so awkward between them after destroying the locket. None of that was in the book. Harry didn't explain that they were just friends between Hermione, Ron didn't break down, they didn't make up, no hug, no nothing. I was really disappointed.

I agree. It just completely ruined the whole of the Silver Doe for me, which is a shame since otherwise I thought it was pretty spot on. And I will never, ever forgive WB for sacrificing the most beautiful friendhip moment of the series, IMO, for a comic one-liner which was totally inappropriate to the situation.

To be honest. I've been so troubled by the way the WB has treated the Ron/Harry friendship that I've avoided coming to this thread since the movie came out. I just don't see where they are going with the story line in how it relates to these two. Ron is Harry's brother... Harry is Ron's brother... that's how strong the bond was in the books and that was solidified more than ever in the Silver Doe chapter. The movie portrayl of these two has always been disheartening and disapointing.

I don't know if there is any chance to rectify that at all in DH Part 2. I did appreciate the moment early in DH Part 1 when Harry was going to leave on his own and Ron stopped him. I thought that was a real step in the right direction...unfortunately the WB dropped the ball.