The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry and Ron Thread

:yesyes:

Oddly enough i actually think Harry is more romantically attracted to Ron than he ever would be to Hermione.

I don't think it's odd at all! H/R have fun together, and both are miserable when apart from the other (without getting on each other nerves like H/Hr did).

In an alternative universe, I also think H/R would make much more sense than H/Hr would ever have. :yesyes:

Vida, I think there's quite a lot of H/R fanfic around. If you're interested, Sam (Eruditewitch from the old forum) has a few on FF.net which are quite good if you don't mind the R rating :P

I don't read much FF -although I'm hooked with yours as I already said! :P

And I'd rather stay with R/Hr because I love them too much!

But R/H would make sense too, so I understand why people ship them romantically. :)

Edited by vida
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's odd at all! H/R have fun together, and both are miserable when apart from the other (without getting on each other nerves like H/Hr did).

In an alternative universe, I also think H/R would make much more sense than H/Hr would ever have. :yesyes:

But R/H would make sense too, so I understand why people ship them romantically. :)

Well i don't see Ron as being gay but i sort of see Harry as being a bit interested in Ron, though Ron is the only guy Harry is interested in as for the most part he is straight (i hope that makes sense).

I don't read much FF either any more, and I know what you mean.

I think R/H would probably work better than H/Hr, but at the same time the thought of them together excluding Hermione is really just as bad as H/Hr together excluding Ron.

• 4 weeks later...

^ I wouldn't say Harry was happy suffering in DH... he just did what he had to do and came to terms with his fate.

I wish the movies focused more on Harry and Ron's friendship. It's the most neglected relationship we see from the trio. HBP rocked in the friendship. *sigh* Ahhh well, too late to change things :rolleye:

I've been horribly negligent in throwing my hat into the ring on this thread topic... perhaps the topic that I'm actually best equipped to discuss and add something of a unique perspective to, being one of two men who post in these shipper forums.

While I will readily admit that JKR could have made a Ron/Harry romance work in a believable way if she chose to do so, by taking the story and their relationship a bit further then she chose to, the fact that she established the bromance (the closeness in the connection between Ron and Harry) in the way that she did is completely believable without either of them having to be being gay.

I feel like I can speak to this because of the closeness of my friendship to my best friend. He is indeed, like another brother to me and I like a brother to him. We've shared times and experiences and confindences with eachother that niether of us have shared with any one else because of the degree of trust and brotherhood that exists between us. I know this is a news flash to you women out there ;) (teasing)... but sometimes we men are afraid to share our feelings with yas. :yesyes: There are times when it's easier to turn to your best guy friend, because there is at the same time the sense for getting a different perspective or opinion, but in a weird way - from the same perspective, simply because he's a guy. I would imagine this kind of connection exists between most women as well. That's not to say that a woman could not understand just as well or give just as good advice to a guy, but on "certain" issues, a guy and girl could give the same exact advice to a man, and it might be more readily accepted coming from the guy, because of that sense of a shared (brotherhood) perspective. The closeness and the bond that is established in that trust is best described through experiencing it.

Ron and Harry have that... and that's one of the aspects of the series that I really love, and to be honest, it's refreshing to see that A. It was written by a women and B. So many women appreciate it too. I feel like the brotherhood connection COULD be easy for a woman to just blow off and disregard, but so many of the women who post here embrace that bond in the Harry Potter series. I just hope they are embracing it for what it is. I feel like a few people may embrace it because they wish to be open minded and support a Gay relationship. Which would be fine if that was what the relationship was... but it wasn't. So I HOPE that when women or men DO embrace it... they embrace it for the fact that it is an eduring and adamantine bond between two men who love eachother as brothers.

In re-reading the HP series, I'm actually right at the point in DH where Ron and Harry have their pivitol, private guy to guy discussion, which actually takes place after the Silver Doe Chapter in the Xenophelious Lovegood Chapter of Deathly Hallows. I'm so looking forward to reading this part of the book again and revelling in the friendship that makes this series so wonderful. :king: :3m_sie:

Oh wow, thanks for the manly input (=P), casualobserver! ♥ I agree with so much that I could quote your entire response.

So I HOPE that when women or men DO embrace it... they embrace it for the fact that it is an eduring and adamantine bond between two men who love eachother as brothers.

That's the exact reason why I love Harry & Ron so much. Because of their strong friendship as brothers. That's why I rarely use the phrase 'bromance' because it may sound like you are referring to them romantically.

Now I, too, want to re-read the series so bad. ^^

The relationship between the trio is probably one of my favourite things about the series, and Harry and Ron's friendship is an integral part of that. I love the message he books (and movies, for that matter) give out about friendship and Harry being unable to survive his quest without it. Iit's such a valuable lesson taught in a way that is not preachy, but rather allows us to see and appreciate the true value of friendship.

Merlin's pants, I sound like the voiceover to some lame movie :P

The relationship between the trio is probably one of my favourite things about the series, and Harry and Ron's friendship is an integral part of that. I love the message he books (and movies, for that matter) give out about friendship and Harry being unable to survive his quest without it. Iit's such a valuable lesson taught in a way that is not preachy, but rather allows us to see and appreciate the true value of friendship.

Merlin's pants, I sound like the voiceover to some lame movie :P

It's funny, as much as Harry loves Ginny and feels for Ginny. When he puts on his invisibility cloak and needs to get away from the throngs of people after he has desposed of Lord Voldemort, who does he seek out? Ron and Hermione of course, above ALL else. Friendship is truly a unique bond. I think it's important to be friends with the person you love too, but friendship without a romantic bond also possesses a truly wonderful bond. Harry shared so much with Ron and Hermione. Isn't it a wonderful thing to have people in your life that you can implicitly trust? May we all be so blessed.

Katharine (lol, I loved the Merlin's pants reference. Do I need to start calling you Hermione?) And so what if the sentiment you expressed is like the voiceover to some lame movie? :P It's the truth. :yesyes:

I'm not really quite sure what that scene was about... even though I have some guesses. That said... if it's in the vein in which I'm thinking of it, I'm kind of glad they dropped it. Still, I really look forward to seeing the deleted scenes and extra features when the dvd is released. :yesyes:

Ok, I have no idea what that was all about. I thought at first they were trying to find food or something, but then... I'm so confused! :P

They were trying to kill the rabbit, but then, they were playing like little boys, but Ron was a bit aggressive and tried to hurt Harry because the Horcrux affected him more.

They were trying to kill the rabbit, but then, they were playing like little boys, but Ron was a bit aggressive and tried to hurt Harry because the Horcrux affected him more.

I really like this scene, Rupert´s acting is amazing and Dan´s very good as well. It shows that Ron´s jealousy and anger towards Harry, but I am a bit glad, that they left it out, because it shows Ron in such an aggressive way...

• 3 months later...

I liked so much this article. My favourite parts:

4. Harry and Ron ditch their dates to the Yule Ball to be with each other. (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

Their preferred dates were otherwise occupied with other Triwizard Cup contenders — which actually suited Harry and Ron just fine. Neither of them wanted to dance, neither of then wanted to fawn over beautiful girls, neither of them wanted to chit-chat. They wanted each other’s company, so they ignored their dates and finally wandered off into the outdoor shrubbery where they could hang out alone, together.

1. Harry rescues Ron from the evil clutches of the merepeople (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

What is the thing Harry would miss most in the whole entire world if it was gone? Ron Weasley. That’s really all you need to know.

http://www.afterelton.com/movies/2011/07/harry-potters-ten-bromantic-moments?page=0,1

I love their friendship!!!!!!!!!!! :3m_sie:

Edited by Luciana
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Top Bromances As Voted by American Men

1. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson ("Sherlock Holmes" series) 2. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ("Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid") 3. George Clooney and Brad Pitt ("Ocean's Eleven") 4. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon ("Good Will Hunting") 5. Buzz and Woody ("Toy Story") 6. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley ("Harry Potter" series) 7. Four-way tie: Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson ("Wedding Crashers") / Goose and Maverick ("Top Gun") / Frodo and Sam ("The Lord of the Rings")/ Ernie and Bert ("Sesame Street") 8. Joey and Chandler ("Friends") 9. Barney and Ted ("How I Met Your Mother") 10. JD and Turk ("Scrubs")

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/love-you-bro-badoo-reveals-americas-favorite-bromances-2012-02-14

GASP! JD and Turk from Scrubs should be #1! Without a doubt best bromance!! My list would be JD and Turk, Stan and Kyle from South Park, and Harry and Ron. All 3 friendships are so amazing and so much fun :)

• 6 months later...

That was just a really good video!!! I loved how we see Harry say in SS/PS "I think I can tell the wrong sort myself" and then becomes not just best friends with Ron but brothers. Thats why it really did make me sad that the horcrux was making Ron think Harry was stealing Hermione from him. His brother wouldnt do that to him-I always felt Ron knew Harry knew about Ron's feelings for Hermione.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qfzx2kWP1qiyseco2_250.gif

I loved this...from freedom-to-the-elves tumblr.

• 4 months later...