79 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

The relationship between the trio is probably one of my favourite things about the series, and Harry and Ron's friendship is an integral part of that. I love the message he books (and movies, for that matter) give out about friendship and Harry being unable to survive his quest without it. Iit's such a valuable lesson taught in a way that is not preachy, but rather allows us to see and appreciate the true value of friendship.

Merlin's pants, I sound like the voiceover to some lame movie :P

It's funny, as much as Harry loves Ginny and feels for Ginny. When he puts on his invisibility cloak and needs to get away from the throngs of people after he has desposed of Lord Voldemort, who does he seek out? Ron and Hermione of course, above ALL else. Friendship is truly a unique bond. I think it's important to be friends with the person you love too, but friendship without a romantic bond also possesses a truly wonderful bond. Harry shared so much with Ron and Hermione. Isn't it a wonderful thing to have people in your life that you can implicitly trust? May we all be so blessed.

Katharine (lol, I loved the Merlin's pants reference. Do I need to start calling you Hermione?) And so what if the sentiment you expressed is like the voiceover to some lame movie? :P It's the truth. :yesyes:
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#62 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

^ Haha, I do love that. Harry has something special with Ron and Hermione... :D
Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#63 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Mood::Calm and collected
  • LocationBs. As. Argentina

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Harry and Ron deleted scene!! :)

#64 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

I'm not really quite sure what that scene was about... even though I have some guesses. That said... if it's in the vein in which I'm thinking of it, I'm kind of glad they dropped it. Still, I really look forward to seeing the deleted scenes and extra features when the dvd is released. :yesyes:
Posted Image

special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#65 Dumbledores Woman

Dumbledores Woman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Ok, I have no idea what that was all about. I thought at first they were trying to find food or something, but then... I'm so confused! :P
Posted Image

Katharine. Atheist. Vegetarian. HP Fanatic.
Dumbledore's Woman Through And Through :)

My Fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Broken Pieces

#66 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Ok, I have no idea what that was all about. I thought at first they were trying to find food or something, but then... I'm so confused! :P

They were trying to kill the rabbit, but then, they were playing like little boys, but Ron was a bit aggressive and tried to hurt Harry because the Horcrux affected him more.

#67 Dumbledores Woman

Dumbledores Woman

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

They were trying to kill the rabbit, but then, they were playing like little boys, but Ron was a bit aggressive and tried to hurt Harry because the Horcrux affected him more.

aaahh ok I see, thank you! :)
Posted Image

Katharine. Atheist. Vegetarian. HP Fanatic.
Dumbledore's Woman Through And Through :)

My Fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Broken Pieces

#68 Rose

Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Mood::just happy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

I really like this scene, Rupert´s acting is amazing and Dan´s very good as well. It shows that Ron´s jealousy and anger towards Harry, but I am a bit glad, that they left it out, because it shows Ron in such an aggressive way...

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein

Proud R/Hr Shipper :)

#69 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

I liked so much this article. My favourite parts:

4. Harry and Ron ditch their dates to the Yule Ball to be with each other. (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
Their preferred dates were otherwise occupied with other Triwizard Cup contenders — which actually suited Harry and Ron just fine. Neither of them wanted to dance, neither of then wanted to fawn over beautiful girls, neither of them wanted to chit-chat. They wanted each other’s company, so they ignored their dates and finally wandered off into the outdoor shrubbery where they could hang out alone, together.

1. Harry rescues Ron from the evil clutches of the merepeople (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
What is the thing Harry would miss most in the whole entire world if it was gone? Ron Weasley. That’s really all you need to know.

http://www.afterelto...oments?page=0,1

I love their friendship!!!!!!!!!!! :3m_sie:

Edited by Luciana, 13 July 2011 - 08:11 PM.

#70 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

Best video ever!!!!!! :ohyeah:

Ron was always important to Harry. :yesyes:

#71 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Top Bromances As Voted by American Men

1. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson ("Sherlock Holmes" series) 2. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ("Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid") 3. George Clooney and Brad Pitt ("Ocean's Eleven") 4. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon ("Good Will Hunting") 5. Buzz and Woody ("Toy Story") 6. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley ("Harry Potter" series) 7. Four-way tie: Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson ("Wedding Crashers") / Goose and Maverick ("Top Gun") / Frodo and Sam ("The Lord of the Rings")/ Ernie and Bert ("Sesame Street") 8. Joey and Chandler ("Friends") 9. Barney and Ted ("How I Met Your Mother") 10. JD and Turk ("Scrubs")

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/love-you-bro-badoo-reveals-americas-favorite-bromances-2012-02-14

#72 Stan'sMommy

Stan'sMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Mood::this and that
  • LocationSouth Cali, Hogwarts, South Park

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

GASP! JD and Turk from Scrubs should be #1! Without a doubt best bromance!! My list would be JD and Turk, Stan and Kyle from South Park, and Harry and Ron. All 3 friendships are so amazing and so much fun :)
Call me Rose. ONE week until new South Park episodes!! Can't wait for new Stan!!!
"He's in a sort of different league, Dan. I don't know many 17 or 18 year olds who would have done 'Equus,' and now he's singing and dancing on Broadway. He's dedicated. He takes it very seriously, and he works very hard."- Gary Oldman
Posted Image
Avvie made by me. Sig made by me.
[/color]I ship: Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione,Ron/Luna, Harry/Ron, Stan/Cartman, Stan/Kyle,Monica/Chandler, Fry/Leela, Dan/Emma.
EXTREMELY proud supporter of the magnificent Daniel Jacob Radcliffe since 2003. Respect his privacy.
Atheism is not a religion, it's lack of one. I don't believe anyone needs to be 'saved'. We have morals and reasons to live just like Christians do.
I HATE Twilight, its crazy fans and author with a burning passion. It is the biggest cash cow franchise on the planet.

#73 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

WONDERFUL VIDEO!!!!

Best friendship ever!!! :yesyes:

#74 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

That was just a really good video!!! I loved how we see Harry say in SS/PS "I think I can tell the wrong sort myself" and then becomes not just best friends with Ron but brothers. Thats why it really did make me sad that the horcrux was making Ron think Harry was stealing Hermione from him. His brother wouldnt do that to him-I always felt Ron knew Harry knew about Ron's feelings for Hermione.

http://25.media.tumb...iyseco2_250.gif

I loved this...from freedom-to-the-elves tumblr.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#75 Paige

Paige

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Mood::Ninja
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

They compliment each other perfectly. Opposites always do make the best of friends!

Posted Image

shine bright like a diamond

#76 EmmaEmmaEmma

EmmaEmmaEmma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image
I fell for you and I can't get up.

#77 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

The dynamic of the friendship between Harry and Ron kind of gets lost in the rubble of comments on Hermione/Ron and any acknowledgment of a desired Harry/Hermione relationship.  In the books at least  Ron was Harry's best friend.  In the movies, Hermione was the glue for the three, it's the biggest misrepresentation and liberty taken by the writers/directors/producers of the WB series.  In the real story Ron was the glue.  Ron was the one who Harry wished was there when Hermione got on his nerves.  Oh, and could she ever get on his nerves.  Just like with Ron, Harry could be annoyed by Hermione's pestering him about what was right and what was wrong.  Harry also often found Hermione boring.  Ron was the one who would hang out and have a good time with him.  One of the largest differences between Harry and Ron was simply that Ron told Hermione when she annoyed him, while Harry suffered in silence.  So if Ron and Hermione would have needed counseling then so would have Harry and Hermione. 

Here's where another issue arises though.  If the books were written largely as they were but JKR had decided to kill Ron late in the series, then would JKR have put Hermione and Harry together?  She did that with the twins.  She killed Fred and got George together with Angelina Johnson.  That always bothered me a bit.  Angelina was Fred's gf in the books.  Twins are unique.  I can honestly say I don't think there was EVER a girl who my twin brother Clifford and I BOTH fell for.  One of my biggest pet-peeves growing up was being compared to/with my twin brother in everything.  We liked who we liked and valued different things and that didn't make us any less close as friends or as twin brothers.  We spent most of the first 20 some odd years of our lives nearly attached at the hip (not literally).  A Harry/Hermione relationship would almost seem like a "pity" relationship, with Hermione feeling bad for Harry having lost Ron and Harry feeling bad for Hermione having lost Ron.  RON WAS THE GLUE.... but the glue would be gone.  What happens when the glues gone?  You have two seperate entities with very little in common.  Thanks JKR... because that's the best material to build a relationship on. :rolleye:

Posted Image

#78 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

The dynamic of the friendship between Harry and Ron kind of gets lost in the rubble of comments on Hermione/Ron and any acknowledgment of a desired Harry/Hermione relationship.  In the books at least  Ron was Harry's best friend.  In the movies, Hermione was the glue for the three, it's the biggest misrepresentation and liberty taken by the writers/directors/producers of the WB series.  In the real story Ron was the glue.  Ron was the one who Harry wished was there when Hermione got on his nerves.  Oh, and could she ever get on his nerves.  Just like with Ron, Harry could be annoyed by Hermione's pestering him about what was right and what was wrong.  Harry also often found Hermione boring.  Ron was the one who would hang out and have a good time with him.  One of the largest differences between Harry and Ron was simply that Ron told Hermione when she annoyed him, while Harry suffered in silence.  So if Ron and Hermione would have needed counseling then so would have Harry and Hermione. 

Here's where another issue arises though.  If the books were written largely as they were but JKR had decided to kill Ron late in the series, then would JKR have put Hermione and Harry together?  She did that with the twins.  She killed Fred and got George together with Angelina Johnson.  That always bothered me a bit.  Angelina was Fred's gf in the books.  Twins are unique.  I can honestly say I don't think there was EVER a girl who my twin brother Clifford and I BOTH fell for.  One of my biggest pet-peeves growing up was being compared to/with my twin brother in everything.  We liked who we liked and valued different things and that didn't make us any less close as friends or as twin brothers.  We spent most of the first 20 some odd years of our lives nearly attached at the hip (not literally).  A Harry/Hermione relationship would almost seem like a "pity" relationship, with Hermione feeling bad for Harry having lost Ron and Harry feeling bad for Hermione having lost Ron.  RON WAS THE GLUE.... but the glue would be gone.  What happens when the glues gone?  You have two seperate entities with very little in common.  Thanks JKR... because that's the best material to build a relationship on. :rolleye:

This!!!!! Ron was always the connection between Harry and Hermione. That is what I hated about the films, it seemed like Harry and Hermione were closer, when  the closer ones were Ron and Harry. 

#79 rhrshipper

rhrshipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

This!!!!! Ron was always the connection between Harry and Hermione. That is what I hated about the films, it seemed like Harry and Hermione were closer, when  the closer ones were Ron and Harry. 

True.. I hated the movies for portraying Ron as a whimpering and cowardly sidekick. What enraged me the most was when in PoA. Ron's character defining confrontation with Sirius in the Shrieking Shack where he stands up on his broken leg and yells" If you want to kill Harry, you will have to kill us too", was stolen and given to Hermione. Ron was instead left to cower in a corner of the room, which is such an injustice to the character.

If JKR's comments are true, then it would be the very creator who would also be showing injustice to Ron.

#80 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Harry is also portrayed poorly in all of this.  Now the "hero" rebuff's his best friend, rebuff's his best friend's sister and steal's his best friend's girl.  Maybe Harry should have been sorted into Slytherin House. 

That's not the Harry I thought I knew though.  I thought Harry was a loyal and honorable friend. 

The biggest stepping stone for me is that I take JKR's comments and apply them to the story I know.  I'm sure that if she had made a decision to put Harry and Hermione together, that it would have been so without stepping all over Ron and Ginny.  The problem in expressing the thought, is that the story is there and it's been read.  There isn't an alternate story to reflect on and make me say, "Oh, that would work well".  Therefore not stepping on Ron and Ginny and besmirching them becomes impossible. 

It's ironic perhaps that when it was discussed how Ron and Hermione were not "credible"... it wasn't Ron and Hermione who lost their credibility... it was Jo Rowling who lost hers.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users