The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What was the last movie you watched?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate them actually that time movies were without graphics and it's really very old

So? I was a film student and I LOVE films and appreciate the art of film making all the way back to films from the 1910’s. They had special effects, nothing like today but the special effects today are going to look stupid 10 years from now..maybe even 5.

The reason films from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s are still considered classic and well received and loved is because they are, in fact, GREAT.

No one is going to look back 50 years from now and talk about how great the Thor movies are, etc. But they’re still going to talk about Casablanca, Sunset Blvd, The Great Dictator, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, North By Northwest, Vertigo, Metatroplis, Sunrise, Way Down East, etc. They’re going to remember the greats.

Edited by Ashley

So? I was a film student and I LOVE films and appreciate the art of film making all the way back to films from the 1910’s. They had special effects, nothing like today but the special effects today are going to look stupid 10 years from now..maybe even 5.

The reason films from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s are still considered classic and well received and loved is because they are, in fact, GREAT.

No one is going to look back 50 years from now and talk about how great the Thor movies are, etc. But they’re still going to talk about Casablanca, Sunset Blvd, The Great Dictator, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, North By Northwest, Vertigo, Metatroplis, Sunrise, Way Down East, etc. They’re going to remember the greats.

That's true old is gold