The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What to buy while on holiday...

Simple question really. Anyone who has traveled to other countries, what do you tend to procure and/or buy while visiting? Obviously anyone and everyone samples the local cuisine (hopefully) and a few souvenirs here and there but what else?

---

I haven't traveled overseas for a number of years, only to Canadia (yes I personally call it Canadia :P) and Mexico, and I'm wondering what most of the money I spend will be spent on.

Out of things to take away, I spend money on things I can't get at home, which is the local food mostly.

The Netherlands have the most amazing sweets by the way :P .

Otherwise I visit museums and other places like that, and obviously I have to pay for that as well.

I'm not really a fan of souveniers. If I do buy something to remind me of the trip, it will be something like a piece of jewelerry, just stuff I can have with me.

Out of things to take away, I spend money on things I can't get at home, which is the local food mostly.

I would agree with this, get something that you can't get at home. Food or some drink, something that you can share with other people when you're back home.

I travel a lot! I always try to pick up something special that will always remind of the trip so I buy some sort of souvenir. I tend to spend money on the local attractions and stuff. I also buy things I can't get at home. For example, whenever I go to Israel I make sure to buy a few products that aren't kosher where I live. I always buy silly gifts for my family. I love to buy local goods to. Such as local art and jewlery.

• 12 years later...