The Emma-Watson.net Forum

There's one just for black Ops but this is for all the games.

I'm not to keen on it. I play it but it's not something I can get addicted to like everyone else, I find it pretty sad. The only Call of Duty's I like are the Modern Warfare's.

Modern Warfare 3 comes out in October, who's getting it? xD

I want to get it sounds good, where i am i think it comes out in november

Was playing WaW on the wii which is always fun, took some gettin used to as i havent played it for sooo long.

Problem was i glitched it the A button woudnt run and no matter what gun i used after 1 shot it auto reloaded - so i used a trench gun and still got pwned :(

I'm definitely getting Modern Warfare 3 but I think I will prolly play Battlefield 3 more often though.

I've been a huge fan of the first Call of Duty and the Modern Warfare series. I've followed a bit on the feud between Infinity Ward and Activision and personally I'm afraid that Treyarch may have some influence in the development of Modern Warfare 3. I heard that many developers from Infinity Ward that worked on the Modern Warfare series left and moved to Dice, working on Battlefield 3.

Haven't been much of a fan of World at War and Black Ops though... :mellow:

i have only recently been allowed 18rated games so i only have Black Ops, on wii, i find the graphics awful and when playing zombies you cant tell if its the background of the map or a zombie! anyways, on a more positive note, i have MW2 on xbox, but the xbox isnt mine its my lil bro's, im not hugely addicted partly because i dont have an XBOX Live account so there's nothing to do after the campaign and special ops. overall after playing a few of the CoD's round my mates houses i think MW2 is the best.

Say what you want the original call of duty was by far the best one. During it's time it was arguably the best WWII shooter and had a great online following. MW and MW2 are pretty good but I'd take the original along with it's multiplayer back in the day over MW/MW2 any day.

Say what you want the original call of duty was by far the best one. During it's time it was arguably the best WWII shooter and had a great online following. MW and MW2 are pretty good but I'd take the original along with it's multiplayer back in the day over MW/MW2 any day.

Agreed. The original Call of Duty became a milestone game and is still the top of the series. My mates and I would always head over to the game 'cafe' and play it after school almost every day. Modern Warfare I would have to say is a totally different game; they're apples and oranges.

I think for me, modern warfare will always be the best. The maps were brilliant, the campaign as well. "All Gillied up", the mission that takes place at Chernobyl, is probably my favourite mission of any game I've ever played. And I still play multiplayer even now, 4 years after it came out. I just love hearing those familiar words, "50,000 people used to live here, now it's a ghost town".

I do worry what will become of MW3. With the main guys from infinity ward gone, I hope it doesn't lose what made MW1 and MW2 great.

I do worry what will become of MW3. With the main guys from infinity ward gone, I hope it doesn't lose what made MW1 and MW2 great.

I'm just worried that Treyarch employees filled the void in Infinity Ward.

I'm just worried that Treyarch employees filled the void in Infinity Ward.

If that happened god help us all...

Having said that they really shouldn't have pissed off the guys from infinity ward, they were the backbone to the games and put in the hard time and dedication that made the COD series. Treyarch was never great at making the games, COD 3 was subpar and World at War was decent only because they ripped off a lot of things from Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare. I never tried Black Ops because I heard bad reviews on it and given that it was made by treyarch further discouraged me. I dunno, it'll be interesting to see where the COD series goes from here.

Just saw the gameplay demo at the E3 preview. My confidence in this game just boosted. Interactive environments and constant action looks so much fun. I really like that hybrid sighting feature they added on this one. The demo showed the player wielding an M4A1 with the mounted EOTech holographic sight but with time the player can toggle on the 3x EOTech magnifier if the player wants to get a closer look at the target. (lol my friend just bought one for his rifle yesterday actually)

There's one just for black Ops but this is for all the games.

I'm not to keen on it. I play it but it's not something I can get addicted to like everyone else, I find it pretty sad. The only Call of Duty's I like are the Modern Warfare's.

Modern Warfare 3 comes out in October, who's getting it? xD

I'm deff getting Modern Warfare 3 when it comes out, got it preordered!

• 1 month later...

While I work for two big COD fan sites and it's really the only game that I can keep playing for months on end, it is becoming quite stale and has been for a while. I do think massive changes are needed, especially to the engine. Either that or a year break or so, but even then it's Activision's big money maker so that really won't happen. The marketing for Modern Warfare 3 has been really underwhelming so far. In fact, most of that marketing has pretty much been fuelled by COD Elite and COD XP. I suppose we'll see what the multiplayer is like when it's revealed in a months time... I still think I'll prefer it to BF3 though, I've never really liked the feel of Battlefield games.

The only Call of Duty's I like are the Modern Warfare's.

Ugh, FINALLY someone with the same view as me! I hate the Treyarch CoDs. I find them to be very childish compared to the Modern Warfare variants which seem, well, mature.

I can't wait for MW3 because it is MW. But, as others said, I will probably be playing BF3 more. At least online.

Just-released Spec Ops survival trailer and a little sneak peek of multiplayer at the end. Compared to previous videos, this one does it for me. My concern was that it looked too like MW2, but this video has me hyped.