The Emma-Watson.net Forum

[Spoilers] Kill One Save One

Okay... assuming you could kill off one character from HP that survived in place of one that died, which good natured character would you kill off and which one would you save. Then which evil or bad natured character would you kill off and which one would you save?

i.e. I would have saved Tonks (so Teddy wouldn't grow up without both his parents) and killed off George so one twin didn't have to live without the other. The killing off part is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Gives me a small sense for how difficult it must have been for JKR to kill off her own characters.

Bad guys I'd have saved Peter Petigrew, I think his betrayl deserved a long stay in Azkaban like Sirius had to suffer. I'd have killed off Lucious Malfoy... no way he deserved to live IMO even though like all pawns for Voldemort a lot of his loyalty was fear... he also had horribly misguided views about Muggles and "Mudbloods".

The killing off part is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Gives me a small sense for how difficult it must have been for JKR to kill off her own characters.

True. Never thought about this! Must be challenging.

I would save Fred, in replacement for... fooor... Cornelius Fudge.

I'd save Hedwig instead of Scabbers.

Anddd Sirius or Dumbledore or Snape (or Tonks or Lupin or Dobby or...) Does Umbridge count to replace one of them? :lol: Suppose she's more bad than good.

True. Never thought about this! Must be challenging.

I would save Fred, in replacement for... fooor... Cornelius Fudge.

Does Umbridge count to replace one of them? :lol: Suppose she's more bad than good.

agreed, i'd trade off Umbrigde for everyone that died, it'd be fair dont u reckon

I would have saved Fred to kill Neville, that's all I can think of ^_^

nah not Neville, he did helped Harry at the end..

save Fred or Tonks and kill Slughorn