The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I know there's already a topic about adding people on Facebook. But this is about if you think Mark Zuckerberg should have ownership of it after everything that happened to start it (for those who know the story). Me and my dad are in a "debate" about it and he says Zuckerberg shouldn't own it and that the Winklevosses should. I say Zuckerberg rightfully owns it but that Eduardo Saverin should still be CFO. What are your thoughts about this?

I know there's already a topic about adding people on Facebook. But this is about if you think Mark Zuckerberg should have ownership of it after everything that happened to start it (for those who know the story). Me and my dad are in a "debate" about it and he says Zuckerberg shouldn't own it and that the Winklevosses should. I say Zuckerberg rightfully owns it but that Eduardo Saverin should still be CFO. What are your thoughts about this?

The quarrel between Zuckerberg and Saverin could be left to debate but I think that Zuckerberg had every right to own the company known as Facebook (although incorporated, it's still a privately held company btw, worth billions) The idea of an exclusive social networking website was bouncing around to countless of potential entrepreneurs but it was Zuckerberg who capitalized on it.

The Winklevosses were just too slow to jump on that in my opinion. There isn't enough to prove that Zuckerberg breached a contract with the Winklevosses (which the initial lawsuit was all about; the contract itself is left to question too). Also there wasn't a 'patent' or copyright placed on the Winklevoss' idea so it was fair game (again, other people had the same idea as well but never capitalized on it).

The Winklevoss's may have come up with the wheel, but Zuckerberg came up with the car, per se. It's as a result of him that it has become what it has become.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Honestly, I don't think the Winklevosses website is anything like facebook

The Winklevosses didn't plan on expanding from Harvard did they? They did end up finishing their Harvard Connection project; although widely used at Harvard University, it didn't go very far.

The Winklevosses didn't plan on expanding from Harvard did they? They did end up finishing their Harvard Connection project; although widely used at Harvard University, it didn't go very far.

According to the book The Acidental Billionaires they released it to every collage and university

According to the book The Acidental Billionaires they released it to every collage and university

Harvard Connection right? Yeah it did but since Facebook took off they didn't go 'viral', their own program was more like an internal social networking service for the schools just as Facebook was expanding to other networks like secondary schools and workplaces.