The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that kinda bugged me. They made us wait 6 days for an announcement that said we'd have to follow the owls until October. I was just like REALLY?! haha. Plus it won't even let you give them your email.

It's pissing me off that everyone's bashing it. Yeah everyone has their opinions but you don't understand how lucky we are. Everyone knew what it was anyway and yet people still don't like it.

I feel privaliged she took time with this. To give her fans this. I mean it's full of awsome things! You get sorted into a house. To go on forums, games, more information on books and history and characters etc, buy things and LOTS LOTS more and it's all offical.

We are SO lucky and yet fans worldwide bash it. People knew it's a website so why are they dissapointed because they wanted a book. It's just conceited in my opinion. I'm just stopping here before my rant goes on for the rest of the day.

P.S. Sorry if this message has hurt anyone on the forum because they're dissapointed in it too. But it has REALLY pissed me off that people all over the internet have slagged it down and lost respect for J.K Rowling.

i'm agree with u ,im very excited about pottermore it's amazing, JK is very great :ohyeah:

i know for real! but omg more reading?!?!?! SO STOKED!!!! AHHH!!! haha

That's what I thought. The video's from the press conference made it look amazing! Background information on all characters and etc. EXCITEMENT.

It's pissing me off that everyone's bashing it. Yeah everyone has their opinions but you don't understand how lucky we are. Everyone knew what it was anyway and yet people still don't like it.

I feel privaliged she took time with this. To give her fans this. I mean it's full of awsome things! You get sorted into a house. To go on forums, games, more information on books and history and characters etc, buy things and LOTS LOTS more and it's all offical.

We are SO lucky and yet fans worldwide bash it. People knew it's a website so why are they dissapointed because they wanted a book. It's just conceited in my opinion. I'm just stopping here before my rant goes on for the rest of the day.

P.S. Sorry if this message has hurt anyone on the forum because they're dissapointed in it too. But it has REALLY pissed me off that people all over the internet have slagged it down and lost respect for J.K Rowling.

There are people bashing it, but I've seen more excitement and praise about it than bashing. Of course it's the negative comments that stick out more.

I think a lot of the people that are disappointed were expecting a new book. They just heard about something new from JKR, and apparently didn't see the teaser announcements where it specifically said it wouldn't be a book.

I actually haven't looked at it yet, but if it's games and things like that, I'm not really interested, but if it keeps the fandom alive, I'm for it.

Disappointed? Ha! At this point I really don't think J.K. Rowling could disappoint me, but that's my personal opinion.

What exactly will be on the site I don't believe was specifically spelled out, with the exception of the Harry Potter series being available in ebook format. J.K. Rowling did say that,

It's the same story with a few crucial additions. The most important one is you. Just as the experience of reading requires that the imaginations of the author and reader work together to create the story so Pottermore will be built in part by you the reader. The digital generation will be able to enjoy a safe unique online reading experience built around the Harry Potter books. Pottermore will be the place where the fans of any age can share, participate in, and rediscover the stories.

From that I gather it's going to be a place where Harry Potter fans can interact and share ideas. Hopefully a place where we can discuss Harry Potter for generations to come. Sure the books and the movies have come to an end, and the feeling that the HP era may be over is probably starting to take affect. But it doesn't have to end, I'm guessing due to the overwhelming reaction HP has received JK decided to create a dedicated site that would allow HP to endure beyond the last book or beyond the last film. This is all speculation mind you. I'm guessing there will be games and social activities, hopefully with some other unique aspects sprinkled in. Only time will tell though, and I look forward to it.

Disappointed? Ha! At this point I really don't think J.K. Rowling could disappoint me, but that's my personal opinion.

What exactly will be on the site I don't believe was specifically spelled out, with the exception of the Harry Potter series being available in ebook format. J.K. Rowling did say that,

From that I gather it's going to be a place where Harry Potter fans can interact and share ideas. Hopefully a place where we can discuss Harry Potter for generations to come. Sure the books and the movies have come to an end, and the feeling that the HP era may be over is probably starting to take affect. But it doesn't have to end, I'm guessing due to the overwhelming reaction HP has received JK decided to create a dedicated site that would allow HP to endure beyond the last book or beyond the last film. This is all speculation mind you. I'm guessing there will be games and social activities, hopefully with some other unique aspects sprinkled in. Only time will tell though, and I look forward to it.

exactly! i'm also looking forward to it

Yay, I'm so excited :D It does suck that it's not until October but in a way that's kind of a good thing. We have the movie to look forward to in July and once that's over we still have Pottermore coming up in a few months. Keeps the excited going even after the series is finally over

There are people bashing it, but I've seen more excitement and praise about it than bashing. Of course it's the negative comments that stick out more.

I think a lot of the people that are disappointed were expecting a new book. They just heard about something new from JKR, and apparently didn't see the teaser announcements where it specifically said it wouldn't be a book.

I actually haven't looked at it yet, but if it's games and things like that, I'm not really interested, but if it keeps the fandom alive, I'm for it.

I've only seen mainly bashing. I come here and i've seen little of it, but it's not just here. Majority of everyone else is dissapointed at the fact it's 'rubbish.' I think it's really harsh and they don't understand what she's given us.