The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really disappointed with this Pottermore. I know they are working to improve the experience and how it probably would look but that is different with allowing users to have a glimpse at it. Rather, they are leaving all things to those who were able to get their registration. Quite frustrating for someone who has been aching to join since it has been announced.

I am really disappointed with this Pottermore. I know they are working to improve the experience and how it probably would look but that is different with allowing users to have a glimpse at it. Rather, they are leaving all things to those who were able to get their registration. Quite frustrating for someone who has been aching to join since it has been announced.

I'm the same. Ever since I saw it announced I tried really hard to find them silly quills, and most of the time I had to go to university and missed a few of the quill days.

And she said it was available after 30 October or something, but still ~nothing.

AND we are all left in the dark.. Not one update on when us norms can use it.

People are getting bored of it and most of us haven't even had a go!

There are limited things to do on Pottermore right now obviously and the waiting (yes, we're waiting, too) is kind of tedious, but I think it's worth signing up for! I haven't been let down, other people say they have been. If you're a major Potter fan I don't think all the small problems matter :P It's the thought that counts anyway, Jo put a lot of effort into making the site and I appreciate that.

There are limited things to do on Pottermore right now obviously and the waiting (yes, we're waiting, too) is kind of tedious, but I think it's worth signing up for! I haven't been let down, other people say they have been. If you're a major Potter fan I don't think all the small problems matter :P It's the thought that counts anyway, Jo put a lot of effort into making the site and I appreciate that.

this!

Totes agree with you. A lot of effort has gone in to it..

I Just wish I could register :(

BUT! I'm looking forward to it. :)

• 2 months later...

I haven't even tried to register. Is it worth it?

Personally, I'd be just happy with the ebooks being released via iTunes or something. I am not really into the whole "virtual experience".

:|

I just wish they would update something on it. I haven't been there in ages because there just isn't much to do. Yeah it's freaking awesome, but it gets boring....

I agree on that ! I was seriously curious, though i'm not the type to like the games, quests and stuff like that. It took me a long while to understand what was Pottermore about, because I couldn't find the explaination on the website. Then I understood it was something playful that was not usable for non-registered member. Then I searched for registration, and again it took me a long while to understand that nobody can register anymore, that we just have to wait... To wait untill we forget about it yeah xD

So I kinda lost the interest.

• 2 weeks later...
We’re pleased to announce that pottermore.com will be open to everyone in early April 2012.

We know that the extended wait for those wishing to be part of Pottermore has been frustrating, and we’d like to thank you all for your patience so far.

Many of you are interested to know why we extended the original opening date beyond October of last year.

We always knew Pottermore would be incredibly popular, which is why we made the decision to only open to one million Beta users to begin with. We wanted to make sure that we had a really good understanding of how people want to use the site and which bits we’d need to modify before giving more people access.

We gathered some incredibly useful feedback from our Beta users, and it became clear that our original platform wouldn’t be suitable when millions more users came on to the site. So we made a big decision: to move Pottermore to an entirely different platform set up. This ‘invisible’ change has involved a lot of work behind the scenes but it will enable our users to get the best from Pottermore as it grows and develops.

There have definitely been some challenges and the whole Pottermore team has been working really hard to incorporate all the Beta activity and feedback. This means that over the coming weeks and months we’ll be adding exclusive content and many more exciting features (such as sounds) to Pottermore for you to explore, share and discover.

So get ready to join the Pottermore journey – the wait is nearly over.

I was able to get in back in October and only lasted about 1 week on there. The new content is a good read but I honestly think the site is nothing to be hyped up about. I appreciate Rowling for what she's doing but I would much rather have all that extra content and art in a book.

Edited by TK-976
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received this in an email:

"The Pottermore Shop is now open

We are delighted to announce the launch of the Pottermore Shop. For the first time ever, you can buy the Harry Potter eBooks and digital audio books and read or listen to them on the device of your choice."

They finally added something new! Gonna check that out later!

• 2 weeks later...

so what do you think ? i like these little details from JK Rowling, but the "we want to protect children" things, even if highly necessary, has annoying consequences... can't remember my own name :P and we can't really talk to other people, too many people saying too many useless things... I'm disappointed of the spells, too. the game is not really interesting... but it's a start, I guess ! by the way, i couldn't find morgana's card (shame on me !), if someone can help me ;)