The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm had no idea it opened for the public. I was hoping once it opened they would add new stuff. I was one of the lucky ones to join the beta and its all still the same!!! So frustrating!

yeah well it's pretty cool, but it's mainly made for children. that's not fair because the first generation of Harry Potter fans is around 20-25 now :( I loved to learn more about MacGonagall, though, she has always been one of my favorite characters. but I'd like to be able to chat with people, to have a forum to share our thoughts about the books... i think they should have waited more to open it, it's obviously not ready : only one book, come on ! but I guess there were some commercial interest in not waiting too long.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really torn about Pottermore. On one hand, I read a really interesting article about the development of the site, which I really loved the idea and concept of. And the design is gorgeous. I was in the first million beta testing (I think my name is PixiePotion60), though and... I honestly haven't used it since then. I used it to get my wand (which I can't remember) and to be sorted (Gryffindor) and after that.. I know the books inside and out so I didn't really need to read through them again, the interaction between my friends is SUPER awkward (since everything is locked down to protect younger users), and most of the extras get leaked to other sources anyway.

Overall I think it serves its purpose as a supplement to the books and movies well enough. It serves more as a place where you can go and interact with the Potter universe and pick up some interesting facts on the way. Things like brewing and wizard duels are enjoyable for a little while and nice to participate in every so often, but they do tend to get old fast. That's really Pottermore in a nutshell, it's enjoyable for a little while at first, and it's fun to interact after you've read the books or watched the movies or just want to interact with the potter universe, but it gets old. It would be nice if they updated it more frequently, it's understandable why they don't given the amount of work that goes into it, but at least it would keep it fresher for a little while. All in all it's not "omg I'm reborn" amazing but it's a nice and unique resource to have.

I kind of feel like if Pottermore opened when I was like in fifth grade or in middle school, I'd be on it 24/7 because those were the days I knew EVERY SINGLE THING about harry potter and i was OBESSESSED with it. dont get me wrong i still love harry potter and think it's the best thing it the world. now i kind of need a freshen up. also i just dont have the time for it. when i was younger i had all this extra time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was wondering if anyone reads Pottermore on a tablet or Ipad ?

I would like to try this experience (when I wanted so bad to get into it I couldn't access, so I'm many years late haha) but I don't think I'll enjoy it the right way if I'm reading it on my computer because that must be tiring for the eyes to read the whole books online. Any thoughts on it for those who tried it ? 

Edited by Thessalie
  • 4 months later...