The Emma-Watson.net Forum

10 points to Gryffindor!

Emma herself stated that the incident never happened. It's actually a joke that was started in 2009 on twitter(no sure if it started before or after Emma started her first year at Brown) that eventually spawned into a rumor, and even the false rumor about Emma being "bullied" out of Brown used it as a reference, even though that prior to the bullying rumor being spread Emma not only debunked the "ten points to Gryffindor" incident, but also explained that she took the semester off because juggling school and her career eventually became impossible(since the previous semester she had to make up work along with preparing for finals after taking a couple of weeks off to film My Week With Marilyn and to promote Deathly Hallows 1), but apparently that wasn't enough, so she had to do it again in response to the "bullying" rumors.

So there you have it.

^^ Dude, chill pill. Read all of my post.

I just found it funny, whether it was TRUE OR NOT. Sheesh lol.

The joke itself was harmless. The rant was just about how the tabloids somehow turned it into a bullying rumor that was a hot topic recently.

Where is he freaking out? I don't see that?

I just saw KS saying it wasn't true, and explaining why.

Now if you want to hear a rant, don't get me started on the music industry as of late. I could debate that with you for hours! :lol:

The joke itself was harmless. The rant was just about how the tabloids somehow turned it into a bullying rumor that was a hot topic recently.

Fair enough. Pardon my defense as I didn't see the joke. In the old forums you had a bad knack of being extremely defensive over the simplest of discussion. This was pilot mode.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It might have been a little funny the first time, or the second. But it's been tweeted over and over, and posted over and over, so for those who have seen it a lot, it's just tiresome.

And really! Chemistry class?

i agree dook i for one believe that this was just a fake story made to be a PR stunt to cause controversy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest, if I was in the same class, I would have laughed! It's just a joke for heaven sake and everybody loves to laugh especially during boring school hours...not a big dealio really.. :yesyes:

Um if in a paralel universe or some turn of destiny, I would of been her classmate, I would tell her ''you know Em, that was 10 point to gryffindor!' and get at least a giggle.

She'd know i made a joke, I believe in her, that she has a sense of humour

Edited by helen2U
  • 4 months later...

Um if in a paralel universe or some turn of destiny, I would of been her classmate, I would tell her ''you know Em, that was 10 point to gryffindor!' and get at least a giggle.

She'd know i made a joke, I believe in her, that she has a sense of humour

Right. I mean it is kinda funny, and if Emma was (TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE) in the same class as me, I'd just go "Emma, you deserve 20 points, you know." 'Cause i'm pretty sure she wouldn't be offended if it was said nicely. :rolleye0012:

And i think this rumour isn't true

It;s just on twitter.

• 1 month later...