The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Tom's Photography

by the way, I don't spend ages on each picture, I just think "that could make a good picture, CLICK" unless the light is bad, then I spend a while adjusting the settings.

I think it's great that you an eye for being able to distinguish what kind of pictures would look good, and what wouldn't. The thing is photography is really all about light - it can make or break a picture. A lot of professional photographers will say you cannot edit a bad picture to make it look better and this is very true. If the light just doesn't hit the jackpot, do not take the picture. The more you practice in better light, the less you will need to rely on photoshop to fix lighting conditions. Photoshop should be used as a tool, not what makes the picture - that's your job :) Sorry if I sound like I'm ragging on you as if I know everything, when I don't. I'm an amateur. You are talented and I can honestly say that I love your owl and landscape pictures, so keep it up :P

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great that you an eye for being able to distinguish what kind of pictures would look good, and what wouldn't. The thing is photography is really all about light - it can make or break a picture. A lot of professional photographers will say you cannot edit a bad picture to make it look better and this is very true. If the light just doesn't hit the jackpot, do not take the picture. The more you practice in better light, the less you will need to rely on photoshop to fix lighting conditions. Photoshop should be used as a tool, not what makes the picture - that's your job :) Sorry if I sound like I'm ragging on you as if I know everything, when I don't. I'm an amateur. You are talented and I can honestly say that I love your owl and landscape pictures, so keep it up :P

I know what you mean, thanks ;)

Thanks Will!

• 3 weeks later...

The sun through the fog made an interesting image, amazing to see the sun as a perfect sphere

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5202/5218266770_33a2bffd2d_o.jpg

wow this is awesome

• 4 weeks later...

:lostit: hahaha thanks :P yeah I'm 15 lol

And awesomeness is a word :lol:

:D :D :D

LOL... I can be pretty hyper,sometimes. :doh:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your pics. :)

• 2 weeks later...