The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Trio Thread

Ultimately I'm not any pairing like Harry/Hermione, Ron/Hermione or Harry/Ron that I love most about the Harry Potter books or movies. It's three of them. The "Big Three". Whether it's the characters or the actors the trio is what ma. It's also not a love triangle in the common sense to me. Ron and Hermione are a romantic couple in love but they each love Harry and vice versa. Individually they're great but together they're unstoppable. Harry, Ron, and Hermione like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in DC Comics. Yes, there is a little difference between how JK Rowling wrote it and how the films depict it but ultimately it's still about the friendship and bonds between the three. Because of the uniqueness of their childhoods and being the center of the phenemonon there's a bond between Daniel, Rupert and Emma too. As Daniel said on INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO, all three of them are different "but there's an awareness that noone else knows what this is like." That comes through onscreen more and more with each new film. Seeing this screentest from waaaaaaaay back in 2000 it's clear that magic was there from the start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcUYbMRg3s

Edited by Occulus

AWWWWWWWWWWW That was too freakin cute awwwwww God love them!!! They really were meant to play the trio... what I love is I watched on A&E Harry Potter Biography and the thing Heyman said on the first day to the media was we have found our Harry Potter and also our Ron and Hermione who look like they have been bickering for years. I just thought Dan, Rupert, and Emma were perfect together as the golden trio. No one else would have done a better job. What amazes me and all my friends is how they kept the same cast year after year and not just the trio. We watched the trio grow up before our eyes-from cute adorable 9, 10, 11 year olds to gorgeous and still adorable 20 somethings. What has always impressed me most about the trio is their bond/friendship. They always have sweet things to say about each other but also wont be afraid to say they have had rows/arguments like any family would. They have always been the most grounded and down to earth people in their industry. They are milionaires probably 50-100 times over but still remain true to who they are. That speaks volumes.

AWWWWWWWWWWW That was too freakin cute awwwwww God love them!!! They really were meant to play the trio... what I love is I watched on A&E Harry Potter Biography and the thing Heyman said on the first day to the media was we have found our Harry Potter and also our Ron and Hermione who look like they have been bickering for years. I just thought Dan, Rupert, and Emma were perfect together as the golden trio. No one else would have done a better job. What amazes me and all my friends is how they kept the same cast year after year and not just the trio. We watched the trio grow up before our eyes-from cute adorable 9, 10, 11 year olds to gorgeous and still adorable 20 somethings. What has always impressed me most about the trio is their bond/friendship. They always have sweet things to say about each other but also wont be afraid to say they have had rows/arguments like any family would. They have always been the most grounded and down to earth people in their industry. They are milionaires probably 50-100 times over but still remain true to who they are. That speaks volumes.

Beautiful words!!! I'm completely agree!! :)

Your comment about the trio was very sweet, cbmac. They are indeed like family, and they've all kept really well grounded too.

Well miss the three of them together when HP is over... Hopefully they get to be big stars on their own so we can continue seeing them in new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are definitely perfect for the trio. Even before the movies came out I always imagined Hermione looking a little something like Emma Watson, each of them IS who they play. In interviews I've seen even personality wise they're so similar to their characters. Remember the interview with the three of them discussing the essays they had to write on their characters for the director? Emma shows up with 10 pages, Dan had like 3 or so, and Rupert didn't even do it at all, lol, so true to Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

They have always been the most grounded and down to earth people in their industry. They are milionaires probably 50-100 times over but still remain true to who they are. That speaks volumes.

This, this exactly. THIS is why I love this cast. Regardless of how talented they all are, it's how down to earth they are through all their fame. The Harry Potter industry is HUGE, even if no one has seen the movies or read the books they know who these actors are. The fact that they didn't let their fame get to their heads, so to speak, is what amazes me about them.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think they are a great trio, As people and how similar to their charachters they are sometimes.

Now I cannot picture anyone else but Emma,Ruper and Dan And actually not JUST the trio but everyone from the cast thats been there from the first movie.

(I hated that they don't seem to have Crabbe and goyle anymore) But ofcourse, I think that I would've felt the same if they had chosen another trio playing them as I was a fan of the books b4 the first movie was made.

I mean nobody would've known this trio

:sob: I'll miss seeing them together..

^^ I think that pictures is from the Poa DVD?

Edited by trixie