The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Anyone else watched it?!

I can honestly say this is my favorite of all the X-Men movies made. The story was impressive and thoughtful at times. The trailer looked good promising a more mature and entertaining movie. And it completely delivers. I loved the story/relationship between Magneto and Prof X (Michael Fassbender's aka Magneto totally owns the movie.) They way they let this story read out, it allows you to understand both sides of the conflict that eventually arises between them. It makes it hard in the end to choose who's view to side with and I enjoyed that.

Throwing in the Cuba Missile crisis was a good plot as well. But this movie is a similar step forward as Batman Begins was. The story is well written and told. It did not need Wolverine one bit (no offense to Wolverine fans.) This movie adds a dose of reality to the franchise that the previous movies all lacked.

I really enjoyed the film, but did feel it had some major problems. Magneto and prof x were meant to have a massive history and set up the school together.....however that didnt happen and they only have a little history before going their seperate ways. I dont think its enough, it also contradicts the other films.

They also had the usual thing of not using very good mutants and writing out the powerful ones with a rubbish story line, I mean Emma Frost showed she could quite easily escape when she cut the glass but then she waited until the end of the film for magneto to break her out.

Darwin wouldnt have died, he could have easily adapted to that :/

There were a few extra bits that annoyed me but ill stop there.

Despite that though like I said I really enjoyed the film :) wolverines camio was great

It was definitely a very good film. Marvel is really starting to learn how to make a movie in my opinion.

As a side note, I loved the scene where the two were looking for other mutants and went into the bar where Hugh Jackman was. His answer (which I can't say here) was classic

• 4 weeks later...

*points to avvie* Yeah, that film pretty much made me fall in love with Fassbender. AMAZING MOVIE. I can't get enough of it. Also, in the comics despite Magneto and Charles' different views, they still had some sort of on and off relationship. Erik comes back and helps him build cerebro and other jazz. I'm not a native with the comics though