Bagel of Death

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Mood::Pensive
  • LocationHot n' Sweaty Arizona!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

I was wondering if the mods are bringing it back? Those were pretty fun along with the Members Hall of Fame.

Edited by Bagel of Death, 05 July 2011 - 07:56 PM.

34dpea0.gif

The AR Family: Chris (husband) ; Arie (daughter) ; Sarah (pet penguin) ; Jade (niece) ; Jon (father)

#2 casablanca

casablanca

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationIndia, Bangalore

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, bring it back. :)

Edited by casablanca, 06 July 2011 - 01:32 PM.

Prakul here from the old forums. :)

#3 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

ooooh I totally forgot about that!!! Great idea! I definitely would love that to be brought back!!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#4 Surya

Surya

Energetic member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Mood::Content :)
  • LocationMumbai

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, that would be awesome! :D

#5 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

The only problem with something like this is that we have a far smaller following then we use to. In terms of regular members we probably have a good 20-50? (don't come on as much so I've lost track). If you do this monthly you quickly run out of members for MOTM or you start repeating which becomes bothersome when someones won it 50 times.

That's not to say I'm against bringing it back, but I am warning against what happened last time MOTM existed.

#6 Bagel of Death

Bagel of Death

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Mood::Pensive
  • LocationHot n' Sweaty Arizona!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

^

Oh ok, that makes sense. I guess wait a few months when more people join. :P

34dpea0.gif

The AR Family: Chris (husband) ; Arie (daughter) ; Sarah (pet penguin) ; Jade (niece) ; Jon (father)

#7 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

The only problem with something like this is that we have a far smaller following then we use to. In terms of regular members we probably have a good 20-50? (don't come on as much so I've lost track). If you do this monthly you quickly run out of members for MOTM or you start repeating which becomes bothersome when someones won it 50 times.

That's not to say I'm against bringing it back, but I am warning against what happened last time MOTM existed.

Hhmmm makes sense! Oh well.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#8 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Basically what Dax said is correct.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#9 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

How about something like a Quarterly member award or recognition then? Something where you only have to name 4 a year. That should allow for very little with respects to repitition, but still be a nice little nod to the members who really make the forum remain active and interesting and relevant... something that will face another challenge with the official end of the movie series right about now.
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#10 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

How about something like a Quarterly member award or recognition then? Something where you only have to name 4 a year. That should allow for very little with respects to repitition, but still be a nice little nod to the members who really make the forum remain active and interesting and relevant... something that will face another challenge with the official end of the movie series right about now.

I think that's a great idea, we should use it!

#11 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

I also like that idea!!! Good suggestion Jon!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users