The Emma-Watson.net Forum

2011 FIFA Women's World Cup

Sorry, I forgot to create this thread earlier.

Is anyone following it but me? I find it interesting. Like today, what an awesome match between France and Germany (2:4 :D). Full of action. Also the stadiums in Germany are filled.

2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Champion: Japan

Japan 2:2 (3:1 after penalties) United States of America

Second Place: United States of America

Third place: Sweden

Sweden 2:1 France

Edited by I am Not Purple

Equatorial Guinea 0:3 Brazil

Australia 2:1 Norway

Sweden 2:1 USA :(

North Korea 0:0 Colombia

Thats it with the group stages. Sweden will meet Australia and Brazil meets the United States of America at the quarter finals.

Quarter-final results:

Germany 0:1 Japan :/

England 1:1 (3:4 after penalties) France

Sweden 3:1 Australia

Brazil 2:2 (4:5 after penalties) United States of America Go USA! :D

Semi-finals:

July 13

Japan vs Sweden

France vs United States of America

AWW....WE LOST AGAINST A BUNCH OF JAPANESE WHO GOT LUCKY FOR 3 SECONDS....:sob:

Oh well, their fault if they don't have the nerves like the USA.

Did anybody watch the USA game? Those refs did a horrible job on that one.

Yeah, and I hate how Brazil played. Especially that one chick. Her faking was horrible. They didn't deserve to win and in the end they lost, haha.

Japan won the World Cup. Grats.

But the US clearly played much better. All those fantastic chances. And after that foul from that Japanese in the end (who totally deserved that red card), the US should've won. But ah well.

Disappointing match. The game should have been blown wide open in the first twenty minutes. Then there would be no need for extra time and pk's. And then, Pia Sundhage's decision making in the extra time is baffling.

You take out Megan Rapinoe, who to me is the women's answer to Bastian Schweinsteiger, and put in Tobin Heath. Who promptly loses possession on consecutive touches. The last ultimately leading to another Hope Solo injury, and the tying goal. And both were ridiculously bone headed considering the time and score. Then Sundhage has Heath take the penalty over Alex Morgan. Morgan has the strongest shot after Wambach and O'Reilly. And Heath makes perhaps the most pathetic PK attempt in the history of any major competition.

Don't get me wrong. Japan winning is a great story. If ever a country needed something like this, it's Japan. As an American, I'd like to see us win when we so clearly outmatched this team. If we had been outplayed it would have been easier to swallow.