The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Howdy,

This place seems to have died off a bit so Imma start something new.

What are some of your favorite "Religious" (Man I hate using that word) songs?

My favorite at the moment is easily He Reigns by Newsboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8R9ZPT2T-I

Seeing as there is a lot of us from different beliefs and cultures this could be quite interesting!

SO! Whats your lots favorite?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He reigns Joe I love that song soo much <3

Lead To the Cross by Hillsong

Does anybody hear her by Casting Crowns.

Unfailing Love By Chris Tomlin

Jesus Loves You by Skellar Kart

Changed forever By Toby Mac

City On Our Knees By Toby Mac

7x70 times by Chris August

Bring me back by Building 429

Unashamed by Starflied

I will follow By Chris Tomlin

Our God By Chris Tomlin

Lay Em down by Needtobreathe

Me and JEsus By Skellar Kart

jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin

thats it for now D:

I love love love this topic! You read my mind joe, I was going to create a topic like this and I'm glad you beat me to it!

Barlow girl is my absolute FAVORITE christian band. I like them because they are rock and some of their songs can be ambiguous. Some of my favorites by them:

One more round - about getting up and continuing even when the world wants to knock you down

Grey - God's passion

Mirror - about self esteem and being made in God's image

Sing me a love song

Psalm 73 (My God's enough) - self explanatory

I seriously love all of their stuff. Sososososoosoooo good.

Also, the song How He loves...various artists have done this and I have yet to find one that I don't like! It's hard to get a good recording on youtube though. :(

Well, after talking to this crazy girl in the post above me ^, I have listened to "One More Round" by Barlow Girl. I liked that a lot.

The thing with me is, I never feel comfortable listening to Christian songs that directly espouse love of Jesus and God, etc. There are very few songs that I like that do this, though I can't think of any at the moment. I'm sure when my mother gets in the mood to put Christian music on the radio one morning I will listen and pick one out to post here that I do like.

I know, sounds ironic of me :doh: , but I can't help it. I'm still discovering this connection and trying to have a stronger faith, even though I have been spiritual for quite some time.

Well, after talking to this crazy girl in the post above me ^, I have listened to "One More Round" by Barlow Girl. I liked that a lot.

The thing with me is, I never feel comfortable listening to Christian songs that directly espouse love of Jesus and God, etc. There are very few songs that I like that do this, though I can't think of any at the moment. I'm sure when my mother gets in the mood to put Christian music on the radio one morning I will listen and pick one out to post here that I do like.

I know, sounds ironic of me :doh: , but I can't help it. I'm still discovering this connection and trying to have a stronger faith, even though I have been spiritual for quite some time.

I know what you mean. I personally cant stand the majority of popular Christian songs and all the modern worship songs, its becoming more about the song and the preformance than the worship now. Thats why I dont really agree with worship bands like Hillsong United should be touring.

Im sure you must know what crappy music I listen too? if you dont its metal :o, but its all Christian stuff. The difference between the Christian metal and pop Christian music is that all the lyrics cant be summed up to "I love Jesus". They touch on the less pretty and more heavier side of Christianity, such as false preachers and liars and hypocrisy.

In time you may come to like more openly God aimed music or you might turn off it more, it doesnt matter though!

On a more related note .This is the song I was baptized too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiicZMV98tY

Edited by Joe O'Connor

Ibdont really like religious music much, but i do listen to some. Jewish ofccourse hahaha.

On a side note, it sort of has to do with what Kim and Joe mentioned. Me and my dad both love music. We love to find knew bands and discover them. Something that always bothered me is the amount of songs that talk about Jesus. For me this issue is this, if it's not a religious song. Meaning it's not in the christain rock genre I don't really want G-D or Jesus mentioned. For me it always awkward, I don't believe in him. So it sort of ruins some songs because i don't really feel comfortable listening to songs that mention him. Does that make sense? Lol.

The other part of that rant is this. I kind of wish I wasnt so uncomfortable with it because I do like thevsound of a lot christain rock. It's a lot better then most of the music out today!!! At least the songs are about real meaningful things. Not women, money, and drugs.

If we want to go for songs that arnt church songs then my favs are...

Redemption - August Burns Red

Show Him Your Heart - Addison

Arms Raised - Close Your Eyes

Louder Than Thunder - The Devil Wears Prada

Talmidim (The Servants) - For Today

The Breakers Commission - For Today

My Name is Darkness - Haste The Day

White As Snow - Haste The Day

Autumn - Haste The Day

Washed By Blood - Head

Die Religion Die - Head

Save Me From Myself - Head

Re-Bel - Head

Betrayer - Hundredth

Lost At Sea - Mumsdollar

Reveries Of Flight - Oh Sleeper

The Finisher - Oh Sleeper

Finite - A Plea For Purging

Oaxaca - Saving Grace

Oh Praise Him - Sleeping Giant

Complete Relinquish. Utter Abandon - Thousand Times Repent

Eternal - War Of Ages

All of these being Christian Hardcore bands :D

I think Amazing Grace is a beautiful song, especially if sung by a choir.

I agree! Personally, I like it just straightforward, no fancy singing. I think it's meant to come from the heart and soul, and doesnt need adornment.

"Never Alone" by BarlowGirl will always be a favorite of mine. I sang this at my school's talent show this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QubLxJI54&ob=av2e

AAAAND I LOVE THIS SONG! Chris Tomlin :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L-HwmEhf84

Edited by mischief.managed

"Never Alone" by BarlowGirl will always be a favorite of mine. I sang this at my school's talent show this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QubLxJI54&ob=av2e

I LOVE this song! I actually saw this song to an EW fan video and I had never heard of Barlow Girl before but I LOVED them. So this was the song that actually introduced me to them and they are now my favorite christian band!

^ :whaa: You even have great taste in music! I love BTA!

Haha, thank you. I love them too. I saw them in concert twice. Loved every second of it. I have the utmost respect for them as a band, and as believers.

~Revan