The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PT2 Premiere

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe that this is the final Harry Potter UK premiere. And that in a few days, the last US premiere will come and then that's it for Harry Potter movie events. It's really starting to sink in after watching those emotional speeches. While for us it was an amazing series, to JK Rowling it was the world that she created and brought to life, to Emma, Dan, Rupert, and other cast members, it was a huge part of their lives and as a result they became a "family", and have gotten used to seeing each other and working on the HP set, but now it's over for them, and now they have their own paths to follow. And while the Harry Potter series is coming to an end, I imagine that everyone involved is proud to have been a part of something so amazing and that has had a huge impact on the world. And while it's sad that we won't be seeing Emma play Hermione anymore, I am also excited to see what she will do post-Potter and to watch her enter a new chapter in her life. :)

On a happier note: Emma looks absolutely beautiful as ever. :wub:

By the way, Emma looks absolutely stunning in that picture. I love her hair style now. I wish I can go that short and grow it out to have a more defined style to frame my face. My hair is a bit past my shoulder blades since I cut it five months ago. I'm due for a salon visit next month, and I might want to go even shorter, if I have the guts to do so. :D

Go for it! Not also is it in style now, it's much easier to take care of. :P I'm also thinking about chopping my locks. I've had it short before too and loved it.

By the way, does anyone know if the next USA premiere will be in New York or LA?

sorry i'll fix it..

yeah I am pretty sure the press confernce was the day before because daniel wasn't there he been in new york Working in board way

Indeed. :)

I was there (sort of). With 4 glaring emissions. I didn't get to see Dan, Rupert, Emma or Jo. Let me explain.

Ok so I arrived at Trafalgar square at about 9am on the 7th with a couple of mates, after getting a night bus down to London in which I got no sleep at all. We went and asked the stewards if there were any wristbands left, they basically laughed at us and said we had to be there 2 days before. But some other stewards said there would still be places to stand even if you didn't have a wristband where you could meet the stars. Fair game we thought, and went for a drink in Wetherspoons. We went back to the square at around 11 to find that it was being progressively shut down, and that the place where we (non wristband holders) would be able to stand was now only going to be for wristband holders. There were plenty of people in the same boat as us as well.

So we basically spent the next hour or so walking around the site, and essentially all non wristband holders were being told to f off. We got bored, and went to the national gallery for a while, which made us even more bored. When we came back outside, around 1.30pm the wristband holders were being penned in in the middle, and fencing was being put up around the edges of the square. This was 8 foot tall fencing, and it was covered so that no one from the outside could see through. This was the big kicker for me: there was so much more room in Trafalgar square for thousands of people, yet the organisers had taken it upon themselves to be obnoxious, callous idiots. They say 8000 were in the centre of Trafagar, I reckon there was at least another 10,000 trying to get in from the outside, or trying to get a good vantage spot. Anywhere where there was a small viewing gap, stewards were posted tell people to move away so that no one could look in. We spent a good while looking around and basically anyone without a wristband was treated like dirt and told to go home.

However, we noticed that the red carpet stretched away from the top of Trafalgar, towards Leicester square. We followed the route, and while more stewards were posted along the way to keep everyone away, they were allowing people to stand in the small amount of Leicester square that wasn't a building site. I'd say a good 3000 were in Leicester square by the time we got there, but I managed to find a relatively good spot about 5 rows from the barrier. This was at about 2.40pm. Again, the stewards were generally being unfriendly, and tried to block the view of more people with some more fencing, but the whole crowd seemed to protest and they took it down. There was a gentleman near me who had his daughter on his shoulders, and a steward was trying to get him thrown out as he refused to obey the stewards calls in trying to force him to put her down. And rightly so, as he was in a public place, and is perfectly allowed to have his daughter there so she could get a better view. The steward eventually gave up anyway.

So we were standing there until about 6pm when the first people walked past, all of them just competition winners and unknown people. At 6.30 the first minor celebrities trickled through, and it was basically the usual premiere atmosphere, screaming, the people on the front row getting autographs etc. Closer to 7 o'clock we started seeing the HP cast members. A few stopped to give autographs, but it was clear that they'd just spent the last 2 hours doing so in Trafalgar so they really were getting fed up, and only signed a few, which is fair enough. I remember seeing pretty much everyone, and when Tom Felton came he made sure to run around every last bit of the crowd giving high fives out, which I duly received. He seems like such a nice lad in person! Around 8pm most of the actors had been past and had headed up to the cinema about 50m away from where I was standing. Natalie Tena, who plays Tonks, had been told by someone to move on up to the cinema but she came running back down and signed more autographs which was nice of her. We then waited a while for The trio and Jo, and eventually 4 cars came past with blacked out windows. It was clear who they were. They drove right to the door of the cinema, which meant I knew when they were there as I heard loud screaming from just up the carpet, but none of them came down to the bit where there were a good couple of thousand fans waiting. I imagine that they had been told to get into the cinema as it was well after 8 but I reckon if it was down to them they'd have come and seen all the other fans. Bit of shame really.

So all in all, it was a reasonable day, I'm glad about getting a high five with Tom Felton. I'm just annoyed about not seeing Emma, even though when her car drove past I was probably about 15 feet away from her. I just wanted to make it clear to you guys who weren't there what is was like for the people who didn't get into the inner bit in Trafalgar, and how badly in general the premiere was organised! Around 6pm, I'd guess that there were around 40,000 people in the surrounding area trying to get a look, so the 8000 in the middle should count themselves lucky!

But I'll see her one day, who knows, maybe My Week With Marilyn or Perks of Being a Wallflower will have some sort of premiere? But I will say that if (when?) I ever do see Emma, it'd be nice to see her somewhere other than a premiere, as with all the screaming fans it'd be hard to get a word in edgeways.

Sorry for writing so much, hopefully it's a good heads up for anyone going to the NY premiere.

To yorkshire:

Some of my friends went there as well and they told us the same thing. They where so disapointed and sad. People where coming from all over the world and where just told: KEEP MOVING; YOU CAN'T STAY HERE! Sush a shame that they had to mess up the very last premiere!

Aside of that this premiere was filles with so much emotions for cast and fans as well.

Emma looks so lovely to say at least.

And it great to see Jo and the rest and everyone there one last time.