#1 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Some of the early reviews and stuff I've been reading about the film say that the ending suffers. They say that the series isn't given a proper goodbye. Word is, is that the end of the film comes and goes too quickly with no time for the audience to linger on the moment and reflect about all that's happened over 8 movies and the last ten years.

We've put in the time and effort as fans and audience members, the least they could give us is a proper sendoff. But from what I'm hearing (and I hope it's wrong) is it's more like "Thanks for giving us your money, now don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

#2 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

I would hold off judgment till we've seen the movie. Reviewers minds are fully subjective and the subjectivity might or might not line up with your own opinions. Good/bad or happy/sad there's no point in lingering on what others say, we will know soon enough ourselves.

#3 2 Pints

2 Pints

Advanced Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

well i don't know where you heard that, but that's not what I heard at all. Some of the reviews I've read have said that the series is given a proper goodbye. I haven't heard a bad thing about the film.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my pottermore name- WolfSun47

#4 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Also it has a 100% fresh rating on rotten tomato thus far although in total fairness that's only out of 14 reviews.

#5 2 Pints

2 Pints

Advanced Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

yea that's true, but still all I've heard so far is good things and positive reviews about the film. and besides why should we even care what reviewers and critics think? we should decide it for ourselves if it's going to be a good send off, and just from everything I've seen (clips and whatnot), I believe it will be a good send off for the series

Edited by namedcourtney20, 08 July 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#6 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

I'm not saying they said the film was bad. They just said that after all the action and battle and fighting and danger and intensity and whatnot that there wasn't really any coda. The ending came too quickly. That was their main gripe.

#7 2 Pints

2 Pints

Advanced Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

but that's still just one persons opinion, and again I haven't heard that at all.

#8 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

I won't judge until I've seen the movie.

#9 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

I'm not judging, it's just a concern I have.

beginning to wish I'd never brought this up

#10 2 Pints

2 Pints

Advanced Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

well i know some of the fansites have seen the film early, and i read one of the reviews and they didn't mention that at all. so if what you heard was true, I'd think the fansites would have been complaining about it, but they didn't say anything about it.

#11 remedysweet

remedysweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationEastern U.S.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

It is a valid concern and fear. And I know I have the same as well, just because of the last track on the Score composed by Desplat. The music is composed after the film and whether you accept it at not, the Score of a film sets the mood for the film, those moments that we love most. And though it is beautifully orchestrated, it is lacking something and I half expected a variation on Hedwig's Theme toward the end, but alas, there is none.

I will not make any assumptions though until I've seen the film. But yes, I do have some fears and worry if it will really live up to my personal expectations. This is my childhood at stake, the entire reason why I came to love reading. But I'm sure no film could ever be more of a failure than Prisoner of Azkaban was. (Harry still doesn't know who created the Marauder's Map. And if they don't correct that in this film, I might start a riot.)

Edited by remedysweet, 08 July 2011 - 06:03 PM.

Posted Image
Oi! Don't diss the Potter.
Tumblr | The Blog | R.V. Photography

#12 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

well i know some of the fansites have seen the film early, and i read one of the reviews and they didn't mention that at all. so if what you heard was true, I'd think the fansites would have been complaining about it, but they didn't say anything about it.

Yeah but fansites are gonna be a lot more lenient than a regular reviewer. And I know a lot of people think that reviewers are just out to get a pound of flesh and for some that is true. But I think for the most part reviewers wanna see a good film. They don't wanna waste 2 hours sitting through something they don't like just so they can write a scathing review.

#13 2 Pints

2 Pints

Advanced Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Yeah but fansites are gonna be a lot more lenient than a regular reviewer. And I know a lot of people think that reviewers are just out to get a pound of flesh and for some that is true. But I think for the most part reviewers wanna see a good film. They don't wanna waste 2 hours sitting through something they don't like just so they can write a scathing review.

thats not true, if you have ever listened to mugglecast (a podcast from the fansite mugglenet.com) when they see the movie, alot of the time in their review of the movie, they always pick the movie apart, and they do talk about how much they like the film, but at the same time they talk about what they didn't like the film and how they think the moviemakers could have done it different. So they are never lenient.

#14 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

I am not going judge anything until I seen the movie next week then when i seen it i'll tell if you if I liked it or not.. because everyone has there own Though about the ending..

And the Dude is Right.. the Fans are more better at saying things then reviews

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#15 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'm sure I'll like the film a lot. I just need an emotional closure and I hope I get that. I need it to linger on the whole franchise with my thoughts and feelings. So I hope it's not a "It's over, get out. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here." type of thing.

#16 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

^I am really sure it isn't that at all :) and I see where your coming from I really Totally Understand... you just dont want it to end so fast

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#17 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

I will not make any assumptions though until I've seen the film. But yes, I do have some fears and worry if it will really live up to my personal expectations. This is my childhood at stake, the entire reason why I came to love reading.

Well if the books are the reason you came to love reading that won't change. Film adaptations are never 100% accurate in relation to books, that'd be impossible given the length of most novels. I know what you mean though, overall I'm hoping the movie series ends just as well as the books did.

At the end of the day does it really matter what any of us or anyone else says? We'll either end up liking it or not, that's human individuality for you.

#18 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

I think, since we all react differently to the same thing, we should hold off until we each see the film individually.

I liked The Order Of The Phoenix, until I was told that it wasn't popular.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#19 <3 Emma Watson

<3 Emma Watson

Energetic member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationHK

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I'm sure that no one wants HP ending so soon... :sob:

#20 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't care what the reviewers or critics say, [what do they know anyway], If I like the film, thats all that matters to me. :P
E-sister - Madeline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users