The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I was afraid of this.

Some of the early reviews and stuff I've been reading about the film say that the ending suffers. They say that the series isn't given a proper goodbye. Word is, is that the end of the film comes and goes too quickly with no time for the audience to linger on the moment and reflect about all that's happened over 8 movies and the last ten years.

We've put in the time and effort as fans and audience members, the least they could give us is a proper sendoff. But from what I'm hearing (and I hope it's wrong) is it's more like "Thanks for giving us your money, now don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

I would hold off judgment till we've seen the movie. Reviewers minds are fully subjective and the subjectivity might or might not line up with your own opinions. Good/bad or happy/sad there's no point in lingering on what others say, we will know soon enough ourselves.

well i don't know where you heard that, but that's not what I heard at all. Some of the reviews I've read have said that the series is given a proper goodbye. I haven't heard a bad thing about the film.

Also it has a 100% fresh rating on rotten tomato thus far although in total fairness that's only out of 14 reviews.

yea that's true, but still all I've heard so far is good things and positive reviews about the film. and besides why should we even care what reviewers and critics think? we should decide it for ourselves if it's going to be a good send off, and just from everything I've seen (clips and whatnot), I believe it will be a good send off for the series

Edited by namedcourtney20

I'm not saying they said the film was bad. They just said that after all the action and battle and fighting and danger and intensity and whatnot that there wasn't really any coda. The ending came too quickly. That was their main gripe.

well i know some of the fansites have seen the film early, and i read one of the reviews and they didn't mention that at all. so if what you heard was true, I'd think the fansites would have been complaining about it, but they didn't say anything about it.

It is a valid concern and fear. And I know I have the same as well, just because of the last track on the Score composed by Desplat. The music is composed after the film and whether you accept it at not, the Score of a film sets the mood for the film, those moments that we love most. And though it is beautifully orchestrated, it is lacking something and I half expected a variation on Hedwig's Theme toward the end, but alas, there is none.

I will not make any assumptions though until I've seen the film. But yes, I do have some fears and worry if it will really live up to my personal expectations. This is my childhood at stake, the entire reason why I came to love reading. But I'm sure no film could ever be more of a failure than Prisoner of Azkaban was. (Harry still doesn't know who created the Marauder's Map. And if they don't correct that in this film, I might start a riot.)

Edited by remedysweet

well i know some of the fansites have seen the film early, and i read one of the reviews and they didn't mention that at all. so if what you heard was true, I'd think the fansites would have been complaining about it, but they didn't say anything about it.

Yeah but fansites are gonna be a lot more lenient than a regular reviewer. And I know a lot of people think that reviewers are just out to get a pound of flesh and for some that is true. But I think for the most part reviewers wanna see a good film. They don't wanna waste 2 hours sitting through something they don't like just so they can write a scathing review.

Yeah but fansites are gonna be a lot more lenient than a regular reviewer. And I know a lot of people think that reviewers are just out to get a pound of flesh and for some that is true. But I think for the most part reviewers wanna see a good film. They don't wanna waste 2 hours sitting through something they don't like just so they can write a scathing review.

thats not true, if you have ever listened to mugglecast (a podcast from the fansite mugglenet.com) when they see the movie, alot of the time in their review of the movie, they always pick the movie apart, and they do talk about how much they like the film, but at the same time they talk about what they didn't like the film and how they think the moviemakers could have done it different. So they are never lenient.

I am not going judge anything until I seen the movie next week then when i seen it i'll tell if you if I liked it or not.. because everyone has there own Though about the ending..

And the Dude is Right.. the Fans are more better at saying things then reviews

I'm sure I'll like the film a lot. I just need an emotional closure and I hope I get that. I need it to linger on the whole franchise with my thoughts and feelings. So I hope it's not a "It's over, get out. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here." type of thing.

I will not make any assumptions though until I've seen the film. But yes, I do have some fears and worry if it will really live up to my personal expectations. This is my childhood at stake, the entire reason why I came to love reading.

Well if the books are the reason you came to love reading that won't change. Film adaptations are never 100% accurate in relation to books, that'd be impossible given the length of most novels. I know what you mean though, overall I'm hoping the movie series ends just as well as the books did.

At the end of the day does it really matter what any of us or anyone else says? We'll either end up liking it or not, that's human individuality for you.

iv only read great reviews so far :)

iv read someone compare the final battle to the lord of the rings trilogy saying its so much better than lotr all together

and a male reviews even cried during the final battle lol

I've just came back from watching the movie and it was amazing and fantactic by all means they couldn't have done it better, I think us fans had a proper goodbye to Harry Potter :yesyes::sob:

I Know it was going end good like that :)!! I mean I know HP cast I don't think they will NEVER not do a popper goodbye

I am exicted to see this :ohyeah::yesyes: :yesyes:

You don't have anything to worry about, the ending was magnificent as well as the whole movie.

I (who generally deny the existing of the epilogue on shipper's conditions) was really moved by the 19 years later.

You're gonna love it, promise ♥

You don't have anything to worry about, the ending was magnificent as well as the whole movie.

I (who generally deny the existing of the epilogue on shipper's conditions) was really moved by the 19 years later.

You're gonna love it, promise ♥

Cool deal! Thanks.