The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Neville and Luna

Okay so I do ship these two! They're both so simular and I always thought they'd get together and I was extremely shocked when I found out they didn't! Anyone else ship them?

I love Neville and Luna! :ohyeah:

I'm kinda glad that they didn't end up together at the end since it would seem too contrived; the main six characters all ending up in three neat couples. I remember someone on the old forum once likened it to all the characters from Friends getting together - it just wouldn't have been believable.

But having said that, I do really like the Neville-Luna dynamic and I believe JKR said herself that she felt a pull between them whilst writing the last book, so yeah, this ship rocks! haha

I love them! The way Neville needed to go find Luna and tell her in the movie was fantastic I squeed. It didn't happen in the book. D:

When you first posted this thread, I had just seen the early screening and I so badly wanted to say something but I wanted you to be pleasantly surprised like I was.

Also, I think I read an interview transcript in which Matthew Lewis said he thinks Luna and Neville maybe had a summer fling or something before he marries Hannah Abbott.

Edited by rupert&emmagrint

^Aww thank you so much. :D

And I love how they added it to! I know J.K must have let them do it! Best thing is she says she pictured them to have a Summer fling and then Neville married Hannah Abott like said above my other post. So I'm thinking that's why she allowed it. I wish he'd have stayed with Neville though. ):

As a few posts above said it was a trasescript from an interview. I seen it in a J.K Rowling interview where she said Dumbledore was gay? I think it was on that show she had in the UK.

As a few posts above said it was a trasescript from an interview. I seen it in a J.K Rowling interview where she said Dumbledore was gay? I think it was on that show she had in the UK.

Do you mean this post?

Also, I think I read an interview transcript in which Matthew Lewis said he thinks Luna and Neville maybe had a summer fling or something before he marries Hannah Abbott.

In which case Matthew said that rather than JKR, but still sooo cute :)

But yeah I remember her saying in that 'Dumbledore reveal' interview that she had felt a pull between Neville and Luna whilst writing the last book, despite always stating they were not going to end up together. I think she changed her mind about them a little. I really hope she includes something on N/L in Pottermore, I'd love to know more about them post-Hogwarts! :D

Ah my bad I think I read it wrong because I've seen the J.K Interview on it. :D She mentioned about the Summer Fling though. :) Maybe she'll add it to Pottermore.